The Fall of the Patriots | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Fall of the Patriots

Someone is jealous their team can't pad stats.

So it's impossible to score 30 points in 1 qtr? for a jets fan, who were involved with the Monday night miracle, you sure do forget easily. And that jets team was far from potent.

Someone is jealous their team can't pad stats.

So it's impossible to score 30 points in 1 qtr? for a jets fan, who were involved with the Monday night miracle, you sure do forget easily. And that jets team was far from potent.

we were down 23 pts not 30 and the likelihood of them scoring 30 is very slim. there's probably a better chance passing than running since maybe a sack/fumble/INT gets a quick score for the opponent.

we were down 23 pts not 30 and the likelihood of them scoring 30 is very slim. there's probably a better chance passing than running since maybe a sack/fumble/INT gets a quick score for the opponent.
Nowhere in my post did I say the jets were down 30 points. learn to read. They put up 30 in one qtr.

"only" trailing by 23 and that's a once in lifetime type of comeback.

what?

also, there was 7 minutes left in the 3rd qtr when Miami went up 30. it's not unheard of, to put up 30 in a quarter and a half. Especially if you have rivers and gates.

furthermore, Miami was on the 14yd line of SD, after the turnover and tannehill threw it one time for a td. I hardly call that stat padding. it's called playing football in the 3rd qtr.

Considering both the Jets and Dolphins have had Tony Sparano as coaches, you would think some fans would realize no lead is safe until the final whistle. There's been so many big comebacks this season, you can't afford to let up especially with the way the rules favor offenses nowadays. Go for the kill....this is grown men we're talking about, not pee-wee football. If we really wanted to stat pad, we would've easily scored on that last possession. Gimme a break with stat padding in the 3rd quarter. :lol: :lol:

Considering both the Jets and Dolphins have had Tony Sparano as coaches, you would think some fans would realize no lead is safe until the final whistle. There's been so many big comebacks this season, you can't afford to let up especially with the way the rules favor offenses nowadays. Go for the kill....this is grown men we're talking about, not pee-wee football. If we really wanted to stat pad, we would've easily scored on that last possession. Gimme a break with stat padding in the 3rd quarter. :lol: :lol:

name me the times in NFL history where a team blew a 30 pt lead late in the 3rd qtr? or midway through the 3rd qtr?

name me the times in NFL history where a team blew a 30 pt lead late in the 3rd qtr? or midway through the 3rd qtr?

You seem to have plenty of time on your hands. You want the info, you get it. It's ridiculous the things you argue sometimes...I mean seriously.

You seem to have plenty of time on your hands. You want the info, you get it. It's ridiculous the things you argue sometimes...I mean seriously.

he played great but he padded stats so folks like you can brag about his #s later in the year, same thing happened last year except he didn't play well but he put up nice #s.

you play games ALL DAY, EVERY DAY and you are talking about having time?

Monday night miracle was real close to that. Wasn't it 31-7 when the wheels came off?

he played great but he padded stats so folks like you can brag about his #s later in the year, same thing happened last year except he didn't play well but he put up nice #s.

Tannehill had less than 300yds passing and 3 TD's. How is that padding stats? I understand that's a very rare sight for the Jets, but come on man! If they really wanted to pad stats, they would have kept him in for the whole game.

PS, you've been here about 6 months longer than Cal, and have more than double the posts....yeah, you have a little more time than a large majority of people on this site...

Monday night miracle was real close to that. Wasn't it 31-7 when the wheels came off?

it was 30-7, the largest reg season comeback is 28 pts but that was a 14 pt game heading to the 4th qtr.

the largest ever was the Buf-Hou playoff game where Buf came back from 32 down but it was a 4 pt game entering the 4th qtr.

Miami was up 30 late in the 3rd and were still throwing. I am glad they did, I have Landry on my fantasy team and I got much needed points:brewskis:

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Tannehill had less than 300yds passing and 3 TD's. How is that padding stats? I understand that's a very rare sight for the Jets, but come on man! If they really wanted to pad stats, they would have kept him in for the whole game.

PS, you've been here about 6 months longer than Cal, and have more than double the posts....yeah, you have a little more time than a large majority of people on this site...

I love guys that are here all day, every day complaining others have time.

what does his yardage total have to do w/ anything? a major reason he didn't have a huge yardage day was b/c they were consistently getting the ball in great FP. he did a great job to lead them to TDs, he did his job but to still be throwing up 30 late in the 30 is just stat padding.

:lol: You still mad because I took your high scores. Such pettiness.

And again, there's no such thing as stat padding in the 3rd quarter. My goodness, this might be your stupidest argument to date.

it was 30-7, the largest reg season comeback is 28 pts but that was a 14 pt game heading to the 4th qtr.

the largest ever was the Buf-Hou playoff game where Buf came back from 32 down but it was a 4 pt game entering the 4th qtr.

Miami was up 30 late in the 3rd and were still throwing. I am glad they did, I have Landry on my fantasy team and I got much needed points:brewskis:

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

I love guys that are here all day, every day complaining others have time.

what does his yardage total have to do w/ anything? a major reason he didn't have a huge yardage day was b/c they were consistently getting the ball in great FP. he did a great job to lead them to TDs, he did his job but to still be throwing up 30 late in the 30 is just stat padding.

Miami was up 30 midway through the 3rd. got the ball in the redsone, in the middle of the 3rd quarter. they ran one play. it was a pass. if you think that's padding stats, you are a moron. and you have almost 30k posts on a rival board. you have too much time on your hands. I know it's a tough pill to swallow, but it's just reality. and the reason he didn't get huge yardage is because he only played 2.5 quarters...

Back
Top Bottom