The “For Real?” Files: Xavien Howard | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The “For Real?” Files: Xavien Howard

is Xavien Howard for real? Is this a member of the “young nucleus”?

• Yes

Votes: 76 93.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 6.2%

• Total voters
I believe in him. Confidence is a big factor in his game. I believe in year 3 we will see a Xavier Howard type of player. I also believe Jordan Phillips will tear it up in a contract year
I would be worried about guarantee money with him on his next contract. Those two player will be awesome next year barring injury. I think Tankersley is another year away. Give me Derwin James in the first and move Mcdonal to Linebacker. A Mark Barron type move.
We need a real centerfielder safety.

He's a piece to building a playoff caliber D. Hole filled...solid, good player at important position whose best days are ahead of him as long as he stays healthy. No sure why there is any negativity...he's a bit handsy, but I''l take some of the calls that come with physical play.

Howard was great in the last half of the season. Hopefully he continues that next season.

This should really say he hasn't played up to your expectations of a 1st or 2nd round pick. I bet there are a number of teams in the league that would trade their first or second round picks from the last few years for Xavien Howard. Corners understandably have a transition period into the NFL, and Howard still has a lot of learning ahead of him, but I would disagree that so far he hasn't played up to reasonable expectations. He has big physical tools, under-rated recovery speed, and confidence.

The question is if he is a part of our nucleus moving forward. That answer is an absolute yes.

Nonsense. Howard has put together inconsistent results, with the back half of 2017 being his best results to date. Over valuing this teams players, while a common theme on FH, is silly at best after year 2.

But I do know, Cody Whitehair, who needed the first half of his rookie year to make the transition to the NFL game. Has had a far more productive impact to date, and he went right after us picking a Big 12 Defensive back.

Did you just compare DVP and Howard? One guy that actually make plays in big games and from what I recall has been available for every game vs. one guy I haven't seen make a play since his rookie year and has also missed a ton of time year to date.

Wow!
Lol, come on... I know a lot of people don't like Parker here but to say he hasn't made a play since his rookie year is ridiculous. He's made a lot of plays actually, he just has been inconsistent, and injury prone. With all of that said however I agree with your overall theme here that Howard is a much better player, but I also just happen to think X can be one of the best young CB's in the league.

Parker was Miami’s best WR in the beginning of the year until he got hurt, again.

One of the 3 to put up 85+ yards against SD and their great secondary.

Adding Tony Oden to this team will make wonders with all of Miami’s Cb.

Howard, Tank, McCain, Lippett. Not to mention he has a good track record of developing good safties.

Miami needs to draft a FS and let Oden work him.

I think so. I loved the way he finished the season and his game against New England was phenomenal. Although it was a team effort, those two big interceptions were deciding factors in the win.

Too early to tell, I need more than a solid half a season. I remember when Chris Chambers had that really good rookie season and this place debated for 3-4 years on whether he was the real deal.

Tankersley will be the better NFL CB. Howard starts if Lippett can't stay 100%.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-pff-scouting-report-cordrea-tankersley-cb-clemson

Howard flashed all-pro skill set at the end of the year and seemed to get better. Tank went the other way and struggled with assignments late in the season, and gave up big plays late. I hope they both turn out great, and it turns in to Madison and Suratain back there. I’m not sure how Lippett fits in if both these guys progress.

I voted yes. X is producing and improving. Its exciting to have a young backfield that is both young and showing a positive upswing for the future.

I know this is a Howard thread but with all the talk of the other cbs lets not forget McCain who really took his game to another level last season.

He's been very Vontae Davis so far with the inconcistent play to start out the year then coming on strong towards the end. As long as he can manage to show up to practice sober I think he'll develop into a real good press corner.

Back
Top Bottom