The “For Real?” Files: Xavien Howard | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The “For Real?” Files: Xavien Howard

is Xavien Howard for real? Is this a member of the “young nucleus”?

• Yes

Votes: 76 93.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 6.2%

• Total voters
Howard flashed all-pro skill set at the end of the year and seemed to get better. Tank went the other way and struggled with assignments late in the season, and gave up big plays late. I hope they both turn out great, and it turns in to Madison and Suratain back there. I’m not sure how Lippett fits in if both these guys progress.

What is this dung?? Tankersley didn't even play late in the season, he was injured and not even active.

And ya, with remarks like this, there is no doubt that you are clueless concerning Lippett's talent.

As is the case with most CB's, more will depend on the referees than anything else.

The refs can slow a CB down to become less aggressive more than any other position, imo.

What is this dung?? Tankersley didn't even play late in the season, he was injured and not even active.

And ya, with remarks like this, there is no doubt that you are clueless concerning Lippett's talent.

Sorry guy, late in his season, as he missed the last 4 games. He got roasted moultiple times because he didn’t know his assignment, ie releasing guys when he didn’t have help. Howard obviously had the bigger impact with 4 ints and 13 pass defenses compared to 0 ints and 6 pass defenses. I like what I saw from Tank, but it’s obvious Howard has the higher ceiling.

Lippett played well in 2016, but is coming off one of the hardest injuries to come back from in a torn achillies. He also is a liability in run support, as Howard and Tank are much better tacklers. McCain played well at nickel, and Lippett can’t play inside, so he will have to out play Tank to get on the field.

I think he is trending up and shown the ability to take his game to the next level. The answer to the question remains to be seen as it depends on how he reacts to his new coach as well as how much time gets to play press man. Hopefully a lot. All of our corners are better when they play it.

1. 40. Xavien Howard, Miami Dolphins

Coverage: 15/25
    Reaction: 15/25
    Recovery: 14/25
    Tackling: 12/15
    Position Value: 10/10
    Overall Grade: 66/100

Howard's sophomore campaign had multiple arcs. He was maddeningly poor and regularly out of position for two-thirds of the season. Then a switch seemed to flip, and he had a dominant December that not only resulted in all four of his interceptions in two games, but also an increased awareness and much better technique in man assignments.

He was able to stay in the hip pocket of receivers on all routes instead of just the underneath routes that he regularly fared well on. He then dropped to more inconsistent levels in the final two weeks, leading to questions about where he'll eventually settle as a player.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ng-the-top-outside-cornerbacks-of-2017-season

The more you play him in press the more opportunity you have for him to be stacked vertically. I think miami sees him worst case as a low 1 long term worst case id say he’s a solid 2

2018 is huge for his 2nd contract value.

Pff has missed the boat on this kid since day 1

Back
Top Bottom