UFA
Vinny
Testaverde UFA Jets

2006 Trade Possibilities
Dante Culpepper-Vikings
Philip Rivers-Chargers

Also, here's a little brainbuster for all the cutler lovers

*career #s, unless noted*

Player A: 815 completions, 1,366 attempts, 60% completion, 49 TD, 46 INT, 2414 yds/season
Player B: 710 completions, 1242 attempts, 57.1% completion, 59 TD, 36 INT, avg. 2,174 yds/season,
Player C: 523 completions, 811 attempts, 64.5% completion, 71 TD, 11 INT, 2,313 yds/season

You tell me who looks the best out of those 3, and no cheating by looking up the stats. Tell me, by looking at those numbers, who looks best.

Miami_Dolphins said:
Player A: 815 completions, 1,366 attempts, 60% completion, 49 TD, 46 INT, 2414 yds/season
Player B: 710 completions, 1242 attempts, 57.1% completion, 59 TD, 36 INT, avg. 2,174 yds/season,
Player C: 523 completions, 811 attempts, 64.5% completion, 71 TD, 11 INT, 2,313 yds/season
You tell me who looks the best out of those 3, and no cheating by looking up the stats. Tell me, by looking at those numbers, who looks best.
That's easy: you can't tell who looks the best out of those 3 just by looking at the numbers. Some players are a product of the system (or, at least, some players would do better in system "a" than other players, while the other players would do a better in system "b" than the first group) and/or simply have superior talent surrounding them.

Player A Cutler
Player B Leinart
Player C Jacobs?

that's without looking up the stats. obviously Jacobs has the better numbers

Based purely on the stats, it would seem that C > B > A. I'm pretty sure that's Jacobs, Cutler, and Whitehurst, respectively.

There are too many other factors. Whitehurst should not be given serious consideration as an NFL quarterback while the other two should.

flintsilver7 said:
Based purely on the stats, it would seem that C > B > A. I'm pretty sure that's Jacobs, Cutler, and Whitehurst, respectively.

There are too many other factors. Whitehurst should not be given serious consideration as an NFL quarterback while the other two should.

See thats not necessarily true, physically hes as gifted as just about anyone. He just has yet to play with any consistancy, someone will take a shot at him if they think they can figure out his problems.

A is Whitehurst
B is Cutler
C is Jacobs

It's obvious who the talent is of the three, just take a look at the stats.

Miami_Dolphins said:
A is Whitehurst
B is Cutler
C is Jacobs

It's obvious who the talent is of the three, just take a look at the stats.

Right because in college the best stats are always going to be had by the best player...... :refuse:

Nicky Napoleon said:
Right because in college the best stats are always going to be had by the best player...... :refuse:

But this proves that all the cutler lovers cannot just downgrade jacobs to "clip-board holder" just because hes PROJECTED to be a much later pick

ANYWHO, the point of this thread is for me, and other, to analyze our options at QB.

Watched the Senior Bowl and the Practice's on the NFL Netork. With all the talk about Cutler he didn't seem to stand out to me. To me Cutler Croyle Whitehurst were the best QB's at the Senior bowl. However, you probally have to spend a first on Cutler and he didn't look superior to the other two that you wouldn't have to give up a first round pick for. Whitehurst reminds me a little of Brady doesn't have a huge arm but seems to have a feel for the game and Croyle seems to have a rocket but injuries are a concern. I wouldn't mind taking Croyle, whiterhust, or Omar Jacobs as long as it isnt' it the first round.

Alright, i'm going to grade the following players at QB, and give our chances of getting him, scale of 1-10, and my personal opinions of some of the more well-known guys.

*note-COG is affected not only by our chances, but the likeyhood that the team actually takes him. It is not solely based on just if they will be there

2006 Draft Class
Matt Leinart-Grade: A Chances of Getting(COG): 0
Leinart is a marvelous talent, but no way we get him

Vince Young-Grade: A+ COG: 0

Again, amazing talent, no chance in hell we get him

Jay Cutler-Grade: C+ COG: 5
Excessive scrambler, cannon of an arm, mobile, Bad time management, Not the type of QB miami is looking for. Mobile, yes, but needs to learn to look for recievers instead of running as soon as the pocket starts to cave.

Darrell Hackney-Grade: C- COG: 3

Brodie Croyle-Grade: C COG: 7

Omar Jacobs-Grade: B+ COG: 9
AMAZING
talent, great arm, mobile, team leader, confidence. He's got a lot of talent. Needs to work on mechanics and develop as a player, but a grade A player.

Charlie Whitehurst-Grade: C COG: 2
Stats show hes not that great, but a good senior bowl will raise his stock.

Reggie McNeal-Grade: C COG: 2

Macus Vick-Grade:C+/B- COG: 6
Has an off-field issue, but if that can be taken care of, he too would be a late round steal. Plenty of Talent, more of a Qb than his brother.

Kellen Clemens-Grade:C+ COG: 4

Michael Robinson-Grade: C+ COG: 5
Fast, Athletic, strong arm. Remind you of someone? He shouldnt, Robinson should become a WR or safety, but even if he stays at QB, not a bad late round choice.

The rest will come shortly.

Back
Top Bottom