The Great Quarterback Debate... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Great Quarterback Debate...

Miami_Dolphins said:
Cutler: 710/1242 attempts 57.1%, 59 TD, 36 INT, avg. 2,174 yds/season

Clemens: 613/1005, 61%, 71 TD, 24 INT, avg 1,890 yds/season, and thats with one year (2002) where he barely played

Dont like career stats?

Cutler (2005): 273/462, 59.8%, 21 TD, 9 INT, 126 Rating
Clemens (2005): 185/289, 64%, 19 TD, 4 INT, 153 Rating

"Well, Cutler is mobile and that makes hm a more complete player"
Not really, Cutler was sacked about 23 times, Clemens? Eight.

Yeah, I'd say clemens is just as good, IF not better.

With that assumption i'd say your pretty stupid. Fortunatley it doesn't matter what you think and we have people in the front office that can decifer good college players between college players that project well in the NFL.

You all need to get your heads out of cutlers but and realize you are overhyping him so much. You believe all the rumors and all the reports from the guys, and it's sickening. You look at his TD in the senior bowl, andyou act like its the next amazing play of the century. Not the fact that he was almost picked like 3 plays before, and wa spicked in the endzone beforehand, but because he threw a TD hes amazing. You say that you need to watch all the games, and his stats dont tell me he was amazing. He's a white michael vick, with 2 times less potential.

Im done arguing with people that are convinced cutler is god, and refuse to believe anything else.

Miami_Dolphins said:
You all need to get your heads out of cutlers but and realize you are overhyping him so much. You believe all the rumors and all the reports from the guys, and it's sickening. You look at his TD in the senior bowl, andyou act like its the next amazing play of the century. Not the fact that he was almost picked like 3 plays before, and wa spicked in the endzone beforehand, but because he threw a TD hes amazing. You say that you need to watch all the games, and his stats dont tell me he was amazing. He's a white michael vick, with 2 times less potential.

Im done arguing with people that are convinced cutler is god, and refuse to believe anything else.

Good.

Miami_Dolphins said:

This post proves you haven't seen him play that much and really don't know much about him. He is nothing like Mike Vick. And his Senior Bowl preformance has nothing to do with how people feel about him. He was using a totally new system and was trying to do too much. I'm not the type of person to be influenced just by hype. I do research and found plenty of evidence to support that this kid is the real deal. He's not perfect and needs some work, but he has some very good tools and has the potential to be a very good QB in the NFL.

EBMisfit said:
He seems like the QB version of Kellen Winslow, Jr., except it's his brother that's talented instead of his father.

Jr. is more talented that his father by far, he just never plays. It's a different case.

Miami_Dolphins said:
Omar Jacobs is better than Jay Cutler. Honest opinion, not joking one bit.

I knew you were joking when you said kellen clemens was better than cutler... you were joking right?

Miami_Dolphins said:
Omar Jacobs is better than Jay Cutler. Honest opinion, not joking one bit.
you should be ashamed you're NOT joking. but your "white michael vick" comment really says a lot of your quarterback analysis.

Lazy1 said:
I knew you were joking when you said kellen clemens was better than cutler... you were joking right?

Partly, I was shocked when Clemens had better stats.

Juan Cribbs said:
you should be ashamed you're NOT joking. but your "white michael vick" comment really says a lot of your quarterback analysis.

Ill let you know there is a lot of comic relief in my analysis, i like to put things bluntly.

If cutler runs first what does Young do? look its shows that Cutler have a ways to go but he will be very good...Croyle...maybe, Whitehurst a career back-up

Nicky Napoleon said:
Right because in college the best stats are always going to be had by the best player...... :refuse:

Dude it's not even worth trying to talk logically with many on this board. Many just don't get it. :lol:

If only it was just so easy as to look up stats and find an athlete that will dominate at the NFL level.

Want a laugh, refer back to this thread in 3 years as by then we'll see where every prospect ends up.

Scout.com report on Omar Jacobs

Pos: Big-armed, accurate passer who does an outstanding job commanding the offense. Natural looking off the safety, sits in the pocket buying time for receivers and drives the ball downfield with a flick of his wrist. Loses nothing throwing on the run and accurate passing on the move. Leads targets with throws, letting receivers go up and get the ball. Fires the ball between defenders and consistently shows outstanding pass placement. Effectively reads the defense and finds the open wide outs.

Neg: Takes most of his snaps out of the shotgun. Gathers and readies himself before releasing the ball. Has a three quarters delivery and releases the ball through his ear, at times throwing with almost a side arm motion. Under throws deep targets on occasion. Could be criticized for holding the ball too long.

Analysis: A physically talented football player and gifted signal caller, Jacobs has outstanding potential for the next level. Benefits from a quarterback friendly system at BGSU and must learn to play a pro-style offense but a quarterback prospect NFL-franchises can build around.

Omar Jacobs is, IMO, a better guy to lead miami. Would i be happy with him or cutler? Sure.

Back
Top Bottom