The interesting phone call Gase made to one of Dolphins’ quarterbacks (And Jackson notes) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The interesting phone call Gase made to one of Dolphins’ quarterbacks (And Jackson notes)

With Asiata they see him everyday and he probably just isint ready-no particular reason to put him in and destroy his confidence or get the QB totally killed. I’m ok with them working with him in the offseason and camp to see improvement. I know we like to think the player on the bench is better but that’s not usually the case.

You could the same with Tank but maybe they saw real
Improvement- or they could or would have thrown Verner out there. Tamk definately had the better camp as well. Tank definitely had the better camp as well.

This was the most interesting piece of info in that column

For those who continue to believe or are pushing the "insubordination" narrative.
Sure. Because an "anonymous person" has a better grasp on what happened or didn't happen than the head coach. OK.

With Asiata they see him everyday and he probably just isint ready-no particular reason to put him in and destroy his confidence or get the QB totally killed. I’m ok with them working with him in the offseason and camp to see improvement. I know we like to think the player on the bench is better but that’s not usually the case.

You could the same with Tank but maybe they saw real
Improvement- or they could or would have thrown Verner out there. Tamk definately had the better camp as well. Tank definitely had the better camp as well.
It is easy as fans to say "how much worse can it get". A lot worse. If you have a young kid who is still developing and you see potential you keep him out. Throwing him out there and destroying his confidence is counter-productive. He seems mature enough to handle the current situation.

The only value that article has is if you could some how print it out onto toilet paper so I can wipe my a....

Sure. Because an "anonymous person" has a better grasp on what happened or didn't happen than the head coach. OK.

Meh. The same head coach who didn't even know one of his assistants was doing blow before team meetings. You're giving him too much credit lol.

This was suppose to be a redshirt year for Cordrea Tank and now h s our best CB.

Every time I heard that I thought it was crazy talk. I'd say Xavien is our best CB but yes Tank is living up to his status and I love it. I loved that pick and supposedly the Dolphins had him as an option if Harris/Davis weren't there. The guy was the best CB on the best team with a very good combine.

Cordrea (pronounced cohr-DRAY) Tankersley is important to this draft because he’s something of a sleeper the Dolphins have identified in the second round that could be a first-round option if, and only if, everything goes horrible in the first round

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...-salguero/article146944114.html#storylink=cpy

Meh. The same head coach who didn't even know one of his assistants was doing blow before team meetings. You're giving him too much credit lol.

I wouldn't put that on Gase lol It's a professional environment where Foerster had his own "personal" office which I'm sure was at least a "knock first then come in" type of deal. Gase isn't the DEA lol He's not going to raid his office. Apparently, only two people knew about his problem. When you're doing drugs to the point where nobody knows, you've reached the stage of no going back. Foerster probably looked normal high. He's probably been an addict for years now. We can't blame Gase for everything lol he's not a babysitter. That is on Foester and only him.

I'm shaking my head regarding Asiata.He can't even break through our poor
offensive line's guard situation. Is he a bit slow?
Can't be strength because he led ALL
offensive lineman in bench presses at the combine and was considered, by scouts,a mauler.

This would indicate he's spent time in a weight room yet rumors abound say
he needs to work on his strength...which I highly doubt.

Is this going to be another "Gase situation" where Asiata won't get a chance
this season unless a few more linemen go down with injuries.

I hate this red shirt bullcrap since you go another year not knowing what
you have with said player but Gase seems to be very "thick headed"
and I believe a detriment at times with this team. I find it absolutely
absurd that we can't get him a handful of snaps per game

I honestly don't think he's ready either. I wish he was. He didn't overly impress in the preseason against bums. He was a 5th rd pick and next to a first round pick at Utah. People that bench a shitload usually have short arms. Short arms ,as we all know, is considered a detriment as an offensive lineman. Plus, as you know, football strength is totally different. I bet there's some on this board who can bench more than some Dolphins players. Gase def has an ego and I'm fine with it. Better to have an Alpha IMO. Keep in mind, we're 4-4 so the wheels haven't come off yet. If we were 1-7 or 2-6, I'd understand playing him. This one is on Asiata IMO.

I believe the story on Foerster is that when he was asked about the fact that something was amiss, he said he was having bad personal problems at home. And nobody pressed.

Nobody wanted to be a busybody. A damning indictment of modern man, really. But that's just how she goes, boys.

I'd say they should institute drug testing for the coaches and front office people, but from what I understand cocaine's out of the body almost immediately.

I don't think Howard is a ? at all
He did well with zero pass rush Sun night

Howard isn't a question mark. He and Tank will be our starting CBs for as long as their contracts say Miami Dolphins. Howard has played very well. He's turning into a lockdown Cb. PFF has failed in regards to Howard's ranking.

Howard isn't a question mark. He and Tank will be our starting CBs for as long as their contracts say Miami Dolphins. Howard has played very well. He's turning into a lockdown Cb. PFF has failed in regards to Howard's ranking.

Not to state the obvious, but giving up a pass 2.2 seconds after the snap isn't the same as giving up a pass in 5.2 seconds. I'm not saying X is good or bad, but the stats of passes allowed is incomplete. I'd also include which receiver caught the pass, whether it was press or off, blah, blah. The little I watch X, he plays well MOST of the time, but gets fooled on some plays.

Back
Top Bottom