The Miami Dolphins are looking to replace a quarterback. But it won’t be Ryan Tannehill | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Miami Dolphins are looking to replace a quarterback. But it won’t be Ryan Tannehill

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/...empts/position/defense/year/2016/seasontype/2

The 5th most rushing attempts in the NFL in 2016. Every NFL team these days has more pass attempts than rushing attempts, but when you are top 5 in rushing attempts and averaging 140ypg on the groun you are obviously a run orientated team. Gase was on record saying after week 5 of 2016 he slowed down the offense and started to rely more on the run. Oh yeah our RB had the 4th most yards in the NFL dispite barely playing in the first 5 games. We went 9-2 because Jay Ajayi emerged as a force. If that isn’t obviousl to you I would suggest watching football.

That is a list of defensive stats (i.e. rushing attempts against the defense. Honest mistake, I didn't notice it at first.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/...empts/position/defense/year/2016/seasontype/2

The 5th most rushing attempts in the NFL in 2016. Every NFL team these days has more pass attempts than rushing attempts, but when you are top 5 in rushing attempts and averaging 140ypg on the groun you are obviously a run orientated team. Gase was on record saying after week 5 of 2016 he slowed down the offense and started to rely more on the run. Oh yeah our RB had the 4th most yards in the NFL dispite barely playing in the first 5 games. We went 9-2 because Jay Ajayi emerged as a force. If that isn’t obviousl to you I would suggest watching football.

You need to read that again.

That’s defensive stats. Miami had opposing teams run 464 times while Miami rushed 404 times for a cool 19th spot.

We went 9-2 because Jay Ajayi emerged as a force. If that isn’t obviousl to you I would suggest watching football.
In half of those wins, we didnt even rush for a 100 yards, as a team...

Strongly, strongly disagree.

Take Indy, TB, and the Raiders off that list...and we're close.

I can see that. Now, take 4 off that for the top 4 R1 QBs. Now look at the projected FA QBs. There are more than 4 who can be considered backup quality or better. More supply than demand. Yes, other teams may try to upgrade their backup QBs, but at varying degrees of urgency.

Luke falks looked pretty good in 11 on 11 this week

Last edited:
Luke falks looked pretty good in 11 on 11 this week

His game tape always looks good and his anticipation for finding holes in zone is elite but ; experts are down on him because of arm strength, honestly I didn't think his arm was that weak.

His game tape always looks good and his anticipation for finding holes in zone is elite but ; experts are down on him because of arm strength, honestly I didn't think his arm was that weak.

Yeah arm looks average at best although I think that can be improved a little with core strength work in an nfl offseason program

Seen it many times before

That average arm will help you get him later too

I watched the Washington tape left a bad taste in my mouth although he was under duress the entire time

Needs about 10 more lbs in that frame too. Not sure he will carry it well. Torso doesn’t look it

Last edited:
Dolphins should stop bs. Keep Fales as backup...u not trying bring in no competition

Carr and Luck have proven to have more upside than Ryan to make their respective teams have more faith.Carr has been a pro bowler, and took his team to 12-3 record in 2016. Ryan's best season he was 8-5 with 19tds and 12ints and was sacked 29x.

credit to Shift for posting that originally

That's your opinion.

There are few handful of people who cover the league, have been personnel evaluators in the league, and have played in the league, who hold an unfavorable opinion on Ryan Tannehill.

Let's not pretend this is some sort of general consensus. They guy hasn't sniffed a pro bowl or an all-pro selection for a reason.

think about what tannehill has dealt with his career, one season brian hartline was his number one receiver...joe philbin as head coach, all the different oc's, all the different crappy linemen leading to being one of the top 3 most sacked qbs in first 3 seasons in the league in history...tannehills had the odds stacked against him from day 1 yet it was proven this season how important tannehill is to this team and any possible chance of success...we saw how inept the offense is/was without him, we couldnt even get first downs with cutler or moore. This team has been garbage for a long time and to put the teams overall mediocrity on the shoulders of tannehill after watching what we did this year is just bullshit. The offense without tannehill was practically unwatchable. Is he the best qb in thr league, no....but tannehill is by far one of the best players on the miami dolphins.

I like Derek Carr but if people are having second thoughts about him after 2017, I can't blame them. Most troubling is the kind of stuff that came out in the press about Carr kind of curling up into a shell and dealing very badly with criticism.

One of two things will happen: He will respond positively to Jon Gruden and bounce back, or he will crater, implode, and find himself playing somewhere other than Las Vegas when the Raiders move. I don't think there is much in-between there.

O line play fell off so did Derek Carr although it needs to be said that his skill guys did him no favors catching the rock. The raiders have to get rid of some of those guys they fight the rock way too much.

Back
Top Bottom