The Miami Raddison | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Miami Raddison

Im 24, but National Rental car doesn't charge the extra amount (ripoff) per day charge that all the other ones do. At least im pretty positive about that. National is usually a little more expensive, but still comes out a lot cheaper than paying that extra charge.

NealKerouac21 said:
IMO if you are coming from out of town, you are better off making a weekend out of it and staying on South Beach. You will have a much better time. Rent a car, it is not a bad ride to the stadium at all.
My thoughts exactly. Will be staying the weekend of the game on South Beach, then driving up to Orlando to do the Disney world thing for a couple days (I know its like a 5 hour drive, but it was a key selling point in getting my gf to go with me :yell: )

NLude33 said:
I am staying at Renaissance Plantation for the NE Monday nighter, but will not be old enough to rent a car (25 years old right?). How much and how good would a taxi/bus be from there to South Beach....would like to do some drinking/partying Saturday night.
:up:

La Quinta is also a decent place in Plantation . It's nice, clean , not so expensive and Plantation safe.

It's probably 15-20 mins away from Pro Player via the turnpike.

I will be at the Billy Goats game this year and I cant wait to be in South Beach on the first weekend in December while heads up here in NJ and VA are freezing their nuts off.

South Beach is the way to go though. Sometimes they allow you to get the rental car if you arent 25. I just turned 25 so now I feel like I hit that final milestone before death. I CAN RENT VEHICLES LEGALLY!!!

SikOne said:
Im 24, but National Rental car doesn't charge the extra amount (ripoff) per day charge that all the other ones do. At least im pretty positive about that. National is usually a little more expensive, but still comes out a lot cheaper than paying that extra charge.
So you're saying they will rent to a 24 year old with an additional fee? And you would do that other than just take a cab (I am from Iowa and not used to big cities/traffic)?

NealKerouac21 said:
I will be at the Billy Goats game this year and I cant wait to be in South Beach on the first weekend in December while heads up here in NJ and VA are freezing their nuts off.

South Beach is the way to go though. Sometimes they allow you to get the rental car if you arent 25. I just turned 25 so now I feel like I hit that final milestone before death. I CAN RENT VEHICLES LEGALLY!!!
I just called national and they told me they WILL charge me the extra $25 a day :fire: . I know they will allow me to rent one, but do you know of a place they don't charge the extra $25?

SikOne said:
My thoughts exactly. Will be staying the weekend of the game on South Beach, then driving up to Orlando to do the Disney world thing for a couple days (I know its like a 5 hour drive, but it was a key selling point in getting my gf to go with me :yell: )

Well I got better news for you, it's only about 2 1/2 - 3 hours to Orlando from Miami.

NLude33 said:
I am staying at Renaissance Plantation for the NE Monday nighter, but will not be old enough to rent a car (25 years old right?). How much and how good would a taxi/bus be from there to South Beach....would like to do some drinking/partying Saturday night.

You can rent before you are 25 just from very few companies. Enterprise will... that is who i am renting my car from next week when i head up north. Im 24. It cost a little more, but you can... and its cheaper here in Florida to rent a car than it is up north. Check out enterprise.

SikOne said:
I just called national and they told me they WILL charge me the extra $25 a day :fire: . I know they will allow me to rent one, but do you know of a place they don't charge the extra $25?

To add to my previous post, since i hadnt read this one yet, enterprise only charges $10 extra a day.

PhinPhreak said:
Well I got better news for you, it's only about 2 1/2 - 3 hours to Orlando from Miami.
:hmmm:

How fast are you driving? :escape:

My grandmother lives in Stuart, which is approx. 40 min. north of West Palm Beach, and it was about an hour and 45 minute drive from Lauderdale to her house. Its an easy 2 hours from Orlando airport to Stuart. So its got to be at least a 4 hr drive to Miami.

NLude33 said:
Nice hotel!! Good BBQ across the street at Scruby's and good comedy shows at Uncle Funnies.

You can rent a car at most companies if your under 25, you just have to pay a "young adult" fee. I used to work for Budget.

PhinPhreak said:

Yea, its that short of a trip if you are hauling @$$....if you are going on that MIAMI to ORLANDO route for the first time id say it would take you at least 3.5 hours, i go from Coral Springs to Orlandoand I go 10 mph over the speed limit the entire time and it takes me a little over three hours.....

Dredd1050 said:
Hey all you Floridians,

How far is the Miami Raddison from Pro Player?? Thanks in advance. :D

I don't think you will be satisfied with the location. Not as much as a result of the distance from Joe Robbie but because the surrounding properties of the hotel are dilapidated. If I'm not mistaken this hotel sits right at the base of the Venetian Causeway. I thought about staying there because the star rating was high as compared to the cost of the room. Eventually I ended up staying on the beach at the Four Points Sheraton.

I looked out for the Miami Radisson during my stay. My original thought when I found it was "nice hotel in a bad area." It is right down the street from Bayside though. It seems to be a nice hotel too. I just didn't like all that was surrounding it (including the vagrants).

If you are looking for a short drive and a stay on the beach I found Sunny Isles to be a "straight shot" from Joe Robbie through Aventura. Keep a lookout at Expedia.com, Orbitz.com, or any of the other travel sites. You can find a good deal on some nice hotels on the beach.

If you don't mind not having access to your balcony, The Roney Palace is running some great deals right now as they are experiencing some EXTERIOR renovation. This place is usually rated a four star hotel but the construction has it knocked back to a three and a half star. It is a nice place for a family vacation

Hope this helps.

Sobe

You gotta stay in SOBE if you are coming to Miami for a Phins game. I'm from Nova Scotia, and let me tell you, you'll know you made the right choice when you hit the beach and see Anna Kournikova walking around. And then at night you can go to the clubs on Ocean or Washington and see just about every other celebraty there is. Its pretty cool. I think its safe to say that South Beach is its own world. Its like nowhere else! I like the Dolphins more now that I have been there.

Back
Top Bottom