The Miami Raddison | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Miami Raddison

Dredd1050 said:
How about the Courtyard Ft. Lauderdale Weston? Anyone know???

If you trust Courtyard, they own a newly renovated (2003) hotel in Miami Beach. Seems to be a nice place at some cheaper rates. The 3000-4000 blocks of Miami Beach are experiencing a revival of sorts. The area seems to be anchored by the Fontainebleau Hilton Resort. It sits right in between Bal Harbour and South Beach.

http://marriott.com/property/propertyPage.mi?marshaCode=MIABH

miabhe01-1.jpg

Halifax said:
you'll know you made the right choice when you hit the beach and see Anna Kournikova walking around.

Funny....

I thought I had reached the wrong place when I looked over at Lummus Park and saw the number of bums sleeping on the grass. ;)

It is it's own world though. America's most decadent and the most indigenous all found in one place.

When we come down from Rochester, NY, we always stay on SoBe. We usually stay on Collins around Lincoln Road... in the high teens to low twenties blocks. If you've never been, you have to stay there. It's a blast. The drive to the stadium from there is easy... especially if you go there early. (Much better than Ralph "as in PUKE" Wilson Stadium traffic hell).

If you're looking for a decent place to stay in a good area of SoBe, but don't want to spend a lot of Jack, look at the South Seas. It's flanked by some fairly pricey places, is in a good area, but won't break your wallet. We stayed there a couple of years ago and we liked it... and they've since renovated. The free breakfast is cool too!

You don't really need a car on SoBe, but it's nice to have if you want to venture out.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

NY_FinFan_72 said:
You don't really need a car on SoBe, but it's nice to have if you want to venture out.

I walked from the 3900 block down to South Beach.

You need a car!

Well actually I guess we could have taken a cab....:lol:

Personally...I would never stay on South Beach....I'd stay at somewhere such as the FountainBleau and if I wanted to go down there...jump in a cab for the short ride down....that way you don't have to worry about driving back up drunk.

Also, I love Ft. lauderdale Beach...much more easy going and laid back...nicer atmosphere and you aren't battling the incredible traffic....

NY_FinFan_72 said:
Much better than Ralph "as in PUKE" Wilson Stadium traffic hell.
If its traffic hell for you then you havent been to Foxboro, and you don't know your way around the Ralph! I wait in traffic for 10 min. tops at the Ralph, and i'm in comfortable walking distance of the stadium.

SpitOnSurtain80 said:
If its traffic hell for you then you havent been to Foxboro, and you don't know your way around the Ralph! I wait in traffic for 10 min. tops at the Ralph, and i'm in comfortable walking distance of the stadium.

Actually, I go to both every year. The Ralph is Traffic Hell compared to Pro Player, IMO, is all I was sayin'. Foxboro/Gillette is definitely by far the worst. The Ralph is easy on the way in... hell on the way out. We usually park a little ways down Abbott, and walk in. Foxboro is hell both ways. I've never waited at Pro Player ever. Maybe it's because there never a freaking blizzard to deal with... heh-heh!

Thank (the scheduling) God for October games in BUF and NE this year!!!

Yeah, I park on a side street off Abbott. Your right, its cake coming in but a pain leaving. I normally head up Abbott, take Bussendorfer over to Armour Duells and backtrack home (Lancaster). Seems to be pretty smooth once you get past the Abbott/20A intersection.

Back
Top Bottom