The Most Sensible MEGA Deal | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Most Sensible MEGA Deal

I wouldn't be so sure that the Vikes will give PS what he's looking for in terms of money. One of the reasons Moss was so frustrated was because they had so much money under the cap and they weren't spending it. Same reason why I think it was relatively easy to get Linehan, and isn't Tice the lowest paid coach in the league? McCombs is known for being a tightwad. Of course, that may all change if Fowler's bid goes through, but who knows if that will be in time for the draft.

Tice diserves to be the lowest paid coach in the league.

Then again they shelled out some pretty decent money to get Winfield. Moss had nothing to complain about he was the highest paid WR and Culpepper was very well paid too.

infiltrateib said:
Only problem is, they probably paid him a somewhat fat signing bonus already, right? If they did, they probably dont want that kind of dead money.

with 30 million in cap space im sure that is there #1 concern.

It wouldn't even be a problem if Henderson was a 1st round pick, but he wasn't. His contract is like paying the veteran's minimum every year.

I doubt they would do that trade. with there two picks the could probably Draft either williams or clayton at WR and get either Rolle or Pac Man at CB.

Have you realized that Williams and Clayton are not in the same class at (Williams can be argued but most prefer Edwards by far) as Braylon Edwards and Minnesota needs a sure thing at #1 WR again. Rolle and Pac Man will be gone by the 18th overall pick.

Plus neither is as sure a thing as Patrick Surtain. That's why they would do that trade.

Jaj said:
Have you realized that Williams and Clayton are not in the same class at (Williams can be argued but most prefer Edwards by far) as Braylon Edwards and Minnesota needs a sure thing at #1 WR again. Rolle and Pac Man will be gone by the 18th overall pick.

Plus neither is as sure a thing as Patrick Surtain. That's why they would do that trade.

Edwards is as sure of a thing as David Terrell was.

I'll bet that Rolle will be there at 18 since teams are questioning his speed now.

plus drafting those players would be cheaper for them than paying surtain and paying a #2 draft pick.

we may be able to get one of those picks but noway they give up both.

Where the hell are you making this bull**** from?

Rolle just ran a very good workout time and is back in the mix for being picked from 7-12 again. Where are you basing your logic from? They have 30 M IN CAP ROOM... What can they possibly need to afford?

Edwards is rated quite a bit higher by most than Williams. If the Vikes want to run a similar offense than they need a guy with great hops and speed like Edwards. That's NOT Williams.

Jaj said:
Where the hell are you making this bull**** from?

Rolle just ran a very good workout time and is back in the mix for being picked from 7-12 again. Where are you basing your logic from? They have 30 M IN CAP ROOM... What can they possibly need to afford?

Edwards is rated quite a bit higher by most than Williams. If the Vikes want to run a similar offense than they need a guy with great hops and speed like Edwards. That's NOT Williams.

For one i never said williams was better than edwards. i said edwards is not a sure thing. look back at any past draft and you will see there is no sure thing. and yes i know Minn has a sh*t load of cap room. but if they wanted to spend it don't you think they would have signed somebody by now? Samari Rolle? Fred Smoot? Plaxico? they could get all them if they wanted to spend the money?

Also before you come back no i don't think S. Rolle, or Smoot is better than Surtain. but they could sign those players and not give up anything. so the will not give up two 1st round picks and to move up 5 spots in the draft. and they surely won't thow in a promising young talent like E.J. with those picks.

I don't think there's any way in the world the Vikings would make this trade. Of course I'd love it if it happened.

Back
Top Bottom