The numbers do not add up for Mike White to come back for 2024 season | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The numbers do not add up for Mike White to come back for 2024 season

Big reason why it was in parenthesis genius.

Seems like every year there is a "cant miss" top of the second day qb in the draft that somehow slides. Was saying if one of those types slides, then snatch him up in the 6th for competition for the number 2 job.

You cant make general understanding up folks.......
I don't care if it was in parentheses, italics, bold, highlighted, Sanskrit or written in blood.

"6th round" and "can't miss" is an oxymoron any way you express it.

Are there guys from late in the draft that end up good? Sure, but they obviously were not seen as can't miss prospects, otherwise they wouldn't be there in the late rounds.

As to the "genius" comment?...... I'll pass on responding......

I was talking about him being a starting QB on another team. I didn't mention anything about retirement. I was responding to someone saying the Dolphins should bring him back to be the backup QB. My response was he doesn't have many options to be a starting QB elsewhere.
Actually, you directly replied to my post #91, which was a direct response to this statement by Royalshank.

"Bring Tannehill home on a Dollar Store contract"

I understand how threads vary in direction, but you are the one who assumed context in this case.

No biggy, happens to all of us....

Actually, you directly replied to my post #91, which was a direct response to this statement by Royalshank.

"Bring Tannehill home on a Dollar Store contract"

I understand how threads vary in direction, but you are the one who assumed context in this case.

No biggy, happens to all of us....
Ya I responded to your post on why would he want to hold a clipboard and I said it's not like he is going to have many options to be a starting QB elsewhere. You never implied him retiring as an option. Sure he could retire but my response was about if he wants to keep playing then he most likely will have to be a backup QB somewhere.

Ya I responded to your post on why would he want to hold a clipboard and I said it's not like he is going to have many options to be a starting QB elsewhere. You never implied him retiring as an option. Sure he could retire but my response was about if he wants to keep playing then he most likely will have to be a backup QB somewhere.
Well, my original point was acknowledging that there is not likely not a starting gig in his future, and at this point in his career, given the financial security, there's no reason for him to go that route, taking a couple million to hold a clipboard and operate the scout team.

He may love the game and all that, but there comes a point when guys just can't physically be their best anymore. Sure, some try to hang on to the glory too long. I just meant I don't see him relegating himself to a situation where he is an over the hill hanger on guy.

I don't care if it was in parentheses, italics, bold, highlighted, Sanskrit or written in blood.

"6th round" and "can't miss" is an oxymoron any way you express it.

Are there guys from late in the draft that end up good? Sure, but they obviously were not seen as can't miss prospects, otherwise they wouldn't be there in the late rounds.

As to the "genius" comment?...... I'll pass on responding......
"Sorry I guess I'll make it easier for you....

"A lot of players that have "cant miss" talent (at one point) fall in the draft due to some sort of sometimes off the wall or asinine red flag."

"Guys who if maybe they left a year earlier, they would've went a few rounds higher. He hurt his draft stock by staying an extra season. maybe he leaves after Junior season instead of Senior season he's picked on 2nd day. The great talent was there a year ago, where is it today."

"After his sophmore year , this guy was a top 3-4 ranked player going into his 3rd season. Well he had a good season, but he really didnt play the competition like he did in the past, lets knock him down several rounds."

"Maybe i should've said "a very talented player with nit picked flaws" but that would just be playing semantics i guess."

"What i'm saying is 100% different than lucking up and finding a diamond in the rough type player. what i was talking about was a diamond that was dropped in **** at some point..and before it was dropped in ****, it would've fit nicely on a ring. Now people dont want to wipe the **** off and see if its the same diamond."

"current examples are both Minshew and Howell. Minshew dropped because of Air Raid, because that is a major red flag. Howell dropped because of competition his final season"

"Maybe i should've used a difference phrase. maybe i should've said "a high day two talent that slid"

"
Regardless comprehension should've given you an idea of what i was referencing. I guess I've been one of the better posters over the year so i can get the gist of what people are saying without having to be an ass about it. Caleb Williams is not going to slide. Maybe someone like a Bo Nix could hit the slide. he's older, his great years came in a spread offense."

"So maybe thats what i meant, i just phrased it wrong and it upset you."

"Sorry I guess I'll make it easier for you....

"A lot of players that have "cant miss" talent (at one point) fall in the draft due to some sort of sometimes off the wall or asinine red flag."

"Guys who if maybe they left a year earlier, they would've went a few rounds higher. He hurt his draft stock by staying an extra season. maybe he leaves after Junior season instead of Senior season he's picked on 2nd day. The great talent was there a year ago, where is it today."

"After his sophmore year , this guy was a top 3-4 ranked player going into his 3rd season. Well he had a good season, but he really didnt play the competition like he did in the past, lets knock him down several rounds."

"Maybe i should've said "a very talented player with nit picked flaws" but that would just be playing semantics i guess."

"What i'm saying is 100% different than lucking up and finding a diamond in the rough type player. what i was talking about was a diamond that was dropped in **** at some point..and before it was dropped in ****, it would've fit nicely on a ring. Now people dont want to wipe the **** off and see if its the same diamond."

"current examples are both Minshew and Howell. Minshew dropped because of Air Raid, because that is a major red flag. Howell dropped because of competition his final season"

"Maybe i should've used a difference phrase. maybe i should've said "a high day two talent that slid"

"Regardless comprehension should've given you an idea of what i was referencing. I guess I've been one of the better posters over the year so i can get the gist of what people are saying without having to be an ass about it. Caleb Williams is not going to slide. Maybe someone like a Bo Nix could hit the slide. he's older, his great years came in a spread offense."

"So maybe thats what i meant, i just phrased it wrong and it upset you."

Upset? Hardly brother. I had a chuckle over it.

I understand language has nuance, but on the other hand, words and phrases have specific, as well as accepted meanings. You misused the phrase "can't miss" to the extent it was a silly statement.

No biggie. We all do it sometimes. Defending it, however, rather than having a laugh and moving on, is doubling down on the silliness.

Love ya brother, Don't take things on a fan message board so seriously.

Well, my original point was acknowledging that there is not likely not a starting gig in his future, and at this point in his career, given the financial security, there's no reason for him to go that route, taking a couple million to hold a clipboard and operate the scout team.

He may love the game and all that, but there comes a point when guys just can't physically be their best anymore. Sure, some try to hang on to the glory too long. I just meant I don't see him relegating himself to a situation where he is an over the hill hanger on guy.
True but the way NFL QB's can go down and out worth looking into him, maybe Wentz IMO

Upset? Hardly brother. I had a chuckle over it.

I understand language has nuance, but on the other hand, words and phrases have specific, as well as accepted meanings. You misused the phrase "can't miss" to the extent it was a silly statement.

No biggie. We all do it sometimes. Defending it, however, rather than having a laugh and moving on, is doubling down on the silliness.

Love ya brother, Don't take things on a fan message board so seriously.

Think its the trying to quit smoking thing that is making me irritable. I guess i should've said a high day two prospect that slid into the 6th.

You dont find Tuas replacement or competition in the 6th round. (not that i want to find a replacement, lock him up) But if there is a qb that should've been drafted in the 2nd round and has been dropping for some asinine reason, i want us to give him a shot to compete with White and Skylar so we can get Whites contract off the books.

In the late rounds you have the QB's that slid and the project QBs, i was just referencing, give me the QB that slid over some project we are drafting just cause we like one aspect about him and hope we can mold all the rest to our system

They also had Jimmy G and Trey Lance. QB depth is pretty important. We have none.
They had....what is their depth now? I absolutely agree that QB depth is important, but expecting to have a Brock Purdy or Jimmy G on your bench for every year is wishful thinking.

Back
Top Bottom