The NY Jets at #9 and #13 are making me sick! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The NY Jets at #9 and #13 are making me sick!

Milliner is not the best CB in the draft. He's high on draft board because he's a plug and play starter in Game 1. But his upside is limited and his injury history is troubling. I hated the pick for Miami at 12, it's indefensible for NYJ at 9.

Say what you like, but the Jets got a first rounder for Revis and spent it on a replacement CB who will never hold a candle to Revis. I'm not a regular Jets basher - I have better things to do - but that was a dumb-as-f*** pick.

Richardson, while it might not have been a huge need, was a very solid pick at 13. Kudos. Rounds 2 to 5 are loaded with good receiver and tight end options. A team could get Tavarres King in the fourth and Jake Stoneburner in the fifth and make out like complete bandits in a season or so. Just one example of the depth. That's why it's unforgivable to burn a high first rounder on such an uninspiring pick.

You needed offense and you know it. The guy you picked at 13 wasn't BPA, as another poster said, this has Rex all over it. If I were a jest fan I would rather draft offense and hope that Rex can coach up the defense. You guys have to draft offense tonight. Milner s a great player, I just don't think you needed him, that's all.

how do you know he wasn't BPA? it's not your rankings, Mel Kiper's our mine it's the Jets scouting dep't.

I wanted offense, I would have been happier going O both times so I am disappointed in that but again I am not a draft expert so I can't whine too much.

Milliner is not the best CB in the draft. He's high on draft board because he's a plug and play starter in Game 1. But his upside is limited and his injury history is troubling. I hated the pick for Miami at 12, it's indefensible for NYJ at 9.

Say what you like, but the Jets got a first rounder for Revis and spent it on a replacement CB who will never hold a candle to Revis. I'm not a regular Jets basher - I have better things to do - but that was a dumb-as-f*** pick.

Richardson, while it might not have been a huge need, was a very solid pick at 13. Kudos. Rounds 2 to 5 are loaded with good receiver and tight end options. A team could get Tavarres King in the fourth and Jake Stoneburner in the fifth and make out like complete bandits in a season or so. Just one example of the depth. That's why it's unforgivable to burn a high first rounder on such an uninspiring pick.

None of us have any idea how good or bad he will be and no one should ever compare Revis to Milliner(or the other way around). revis is the best corner I have seen in all my years watching football, we probably won't see another one close to hi for another decade or so. Dee does strengthen our D, we have a top 10 corner in Cro, it allows Wilson to move back to nickel back. Our D should be very good but as of right now our O will still suck.

Remember- you don't draft for this year, you draft to build your team for years to come. Maybe we can address the O in next years draft? FA? trades?

how do you know he wasn't BPA? it's not your rankings, Mel Kiper's our mine it's the Jets scouting dep't.

I wanted offense, I would have been happier going O both times so I am disappointed in that but again I am not a draft expert so I can't whine too much.

So you're going to blindly trust whatever their front offense does with no opinion or criticism?

So you're going to blindly trust whatever their front offense does with no opinion or criticism?

I have to right now as Idzik has no track record. I have my opinions but unlike watching a game I am not as knowledgeable when it comes to the draft so I don't have an over the top opinion either way. Again, I wanted offense so I am disappointed but if they had those guys rated as 2 of their top 4 as they say(probably lying) then we'll see what happens.

I would agree...your just an average fan!

Thank you for admitting it.

The Lambs totally messed up the jest plans IMO.

apparently in our top 4 were the 2 guys we took plus Austin & Warmack. Had Austin been available we would have taken him, good job by Buf and SL to execute the deal to allow SL to move up and take him.

Don't know why so many jets fans are up in arms. Corner was a need and milliner was pretty much the top rated cb by almost everyone. Heck, I'm pretty sure if we stayed at 12 and took him most here would be ecstatic. Guess you could argue for warmack but I'd take the high end cb over the high end guard. Sheldon Richardson may not of been the biggest need but the jets have so many holes that taking who they thought was bpa isn't a bad thing. Remember, these aren't players you are taking for just next year. They are hopefully for the next ten years. Jets need offensive players bad but I didn't see any worth taking that early.

Anyhoo, no one knows for sure until they actually play. Only then can people really determine the value of the picks

Don't know why so many jets fans are up in arms. Corner was a need and milliner was pretty much the top rated cb by almost everyone. Heck, I'm pretty sure if we stayed at 12 and took him most here would be ecstatic. Guess you could argue for warmack but I'd take the high end cb over the high end guard. Sheldon Richardson may not of been the biggest need but the jets have so many holes that taking who they thought was bpa isn't a bad thing. Remember, these aren't players you are taking for just next year. They are hopefully for the next ten years. Jets need offensive players bad but I didn't see any worth taking that early.

Anyhoo, no one knows for sure until they actually play. Only then can people really determine the value of the picks

I think everyone expected we'd go O w/ at least 1 of the 2 picks which is why most are upset. we'll see in the coming years, this is a very important draft for the retooling of our team.

I think everyone expected we'd go O w/ at least 1 of the 2 picks which is why most are upset. we'll see in the coming years, this is a very important draft for the retooling of our team.

Well they definitely need offensive help but besides eifert I don't see a player worth taking that early since tavon was gone. I guess they could of traded down. This draft is very receiver deep in the 2nd and 3rd so we'll see who they nab there. If they go defense again, jets fans have a right to go ballistic. This draft might be very important to them but I think next years will be much more important.

I think Eifert at 13 would have been a great pick for the Jets. These moves, while not terrible, just strike me as treading water until they can ****can Rex in the offseason.

I think Eifert at 13 would have been a great pick for the Jets. These moves, while not terrible, just strike me as treading water until they can ****can Rex in the offseason.

I think it would of been a good pick too and trust me I'm really happy Austin and eifert aren't in the afc east. I'm now hoping that the pats don't get tank.

Well obviously I didn't know what was going to happen when i started this thread but in hindsight I am very pleased with the way it turned out! J. Ireland avoided all the problems associated with being stuck between two Jest picks and raped the Raiders and took the best defensive player in the draft. Bravo!

Back
Top Bottom