The Official 06'-07' MIAMI RE-HEAT Thread. | Page 80 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 06'-07' MIAMI RE-HEAT Thread.

Ya but you havent gone on your west coast road trip games which easily can make 5 1/2 back to 9 1/2 back.

We went out west once already.

this is it for the west coast trips...we have a favorable schedule this year.

The west coast trips this year are grouped differently as well.

We will have the #2 seed.

Those stats are screwed up. As in..they make zero sense. It's like saying that Peyton Manning averages 280 yards passing a game versus Vonnie Holliday. It's too subjective a stat to give it any credence.

So you are stating that the points scored by an NBA player while being guarded by another is analogous to the yards thrown by a QB when a certain player is on defense?

Please do elaborate on how the performance of a player while being guarded by another makes no sense to you, and do spare the football comparisons. The concept shouldn't be all that difficult to grasp.

Those stats are screwed up. As in..they make zero sense. It's like saying that Peyton Manning averages 280 yards passing a game versus Vonnie Holliday. It's too subjective a stat to give it any credence.

I don't think that guy watches the games, which is why he keeps referring to stats.

I tried to dead the issue a while ago because it's funny how he's the ONLY one who doesn't AT LEAST view Dorell Wright has a decent defender.. but he keeps on yapping and yapping, like the fine "analyst" he seems to be. :rolleyes2

I stopped replying to him because it's just meaningless.....maybe he should take over for Riles.

I don't think that guy watches the games, which is why he keeps referring to stats.

I tried to dead the issue a while ago because it's funny how he's the ONLY one who doesn't AT LEAST view Dorell Wright has a decent defender.. but he keeps on yapping and yapping, like the fine "analyst" he seems to be. :rolleyes2

I stopped replying to him because it's just meaningless.....maybe he should take over for Riles.

:yeahthat:

So you are stating that the points scored by an NBA player while being guarded by another is analogous to the yards thrown by a QB when a certain player is on defense?

Please do elaborate on how the performance of a player while being guarded by another makes no sense to you, and do spare the football comparisons. The concept shouldn't be all that difficult to grasp.

Did they breakdown the stats all the way down to when Riley had us in a matchup man to man?

That's great that Riley cooperates with your source to tell them exactly when Wright was guarding Redd, McGrady, whoever, etc....

That is what I mean.

We play zone.

We play a matchup man to man.

We play a quarters trap.

We play a box man to man.

We play a "T" zone trap.

Now...for your assignment:

I want the stats of opposing players against Dorrell Wright when we are in any of those sets.

By the way, from the Sun-Sentinel.......

-- Coach Pat Riley revealed center Shaquille O'Neal would travel on the six-game western swing that begins Friday in Phoenix and could play during the trip. "He's to the point," Riley said, "where it's time."
That + Wade + J-Will probably coming back for the next game = :woot:

So, we're not sure when.. but Shaq should be back sometime within the next 7 games.

Did they breakdown the stats all the way down to when Riley had us in a matchup man to man?

That's great that Riley cooperates with your source to tell them exactly when Wright was guarding Redd, McGrady, whoever, etc....

That is what I mean.

Its not my source, the information is there for everyone at 82games. And yes they do have people watching games keeping track of the type of defense being played, but unfortunately that takes real effort, unlike mining the data provided to everyone by the league. So they charge for that.

Measuring the cumelative performances of the players Wright has guarded of course will take into account times when the player isn't being guarded directly by Wright, but 90% of the time that is the case. As for different defenses, that is the primary gripe I have with Wright's play. Watch him try to play zone and compare him with a player who has a basic grasp of the concept such as Posey or even Kapono over the last month.

82games.com does have the best breakdown when comes to statistics. They break down everybody effectiveness in every situation.

clear.gif
[FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Report: Riley takes leave of absence from Heat[/FONT]

Staff report
Sun-Sentinel.com
Posted January 3 2007, 1:25 PM EST
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT]

Pat Riley will take a leave of absence from the defending champion Miami Heat, according to the Chicago Tribune.

According to the report, Riley informed the team of his decision Wednesday morning, and that no immediate successor was named.
[FONT=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica]

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-riley010306,0,7438723.story?coll=sfla-sports-front

WTF????
[/FONT]

Yep heard that too on the radio. Jan 3 is gonna go down as Black Wed for Miami Sports.

Just saw on ESPN2 (Cold Pizza) that Pat Riley is taking a leave of absence for some unknown reason...

It's his hip.

He has put off surgery for a while...it might have caught up to him.

I knew there was a reason why he sat down for most of the game against Orlando.

This is just speculation on my part.

Back
Top Bottom