The Official 2007 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 44 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2007 Boston Red Sox Thread

Well that's 4 million well spent. Totally the right move by the Sox to get rid of him he was the weakest link in the pen.

I think the Sox should think about replacing Lopez with Breslow, too who has been outstanding in Triple A.
Yeah he has been the weakest pitcher in the pen and although it might be a good move to dump Lopez and bring up Breslow I think they might want to bring Breslow up next season and they also like Lopez throwing motion as it gives him an advantage against lefty batters.

Yeah he has been the weakest pitcher in the pen and although it might be a good move to dump Lopez and bring up Breslow I think they might want to bring Breslow up next season and they also like Lopez throwing motion as it gives him an advantage against lefty batters.

Lopez hasn't been good since the Sox dumped Romero in favor of keeping Lopez. I'm a big Breslow fan, he did well last year when he was called up and is doing well this year too. Lopez still has options (as does Breslow) why not try it out especially since Lopez hasn't been good lately.

Newst Sox rumor:

Sox talking to Pittsburg about a possible Wily Mo for Torres or Marte. Marte is a lefty reliever and Torres is a righty. I like Marte but I'm not sure he can handle a big spot. Torres, no thank you.

Lopez hasn't been good since the Sox dumped Romero in favor of keeping Lopez. I'm a big Breslow fan, he did well last year when he was called up and is doing well this year too. Lopez still has options (as does Breslow) why not try it out especially since Lopez hasn't been good lately.
I just don't see them making that move now maybe later in the season if Lopez's struggles continue and Breslows success continues.

I am going to 2 games this weekend. Friday and Saturday Boston at Tampa. Just making sure i have it right, Friday wakefield should pitch and saturday lester correct?

Great night to be a Red Sox fan. Instead of hearing about that dope Vick, the NBA crap, Benoit murders, Steriods, Bonds, etc. America should be talking about the 23 year old pitcher named Lester tomorrow. That a great story. I'm glad he pitched well and got the W. He deserved it for sure.

Great night to be a Red Sox fan. Instead of hearing about that dope Vick, the NBA crap, Benoit murders, Steriods, Bonds, etc. America should be talking about the 23 year old pitcher named Lester tomorrow. That a great story. I'm glad he pitched well and got the W. He deserved it for sure.
Yes that is a great story with a postive spin instead of all the negativity following the sporting world the past days and weeks. I think he did a great job considering he only gave up two runs to one of the best offensives in baseball and got out of a major bases loaded situation in the 4th.

I am going to 2 games this weekend. Friday and Saturday Boston at Tampa. Just making sure i have it right, Friday wakefield should pitch and saturday lester correct?
You will be able to see them win too. I have been to three Red Sox games and all three times they have lost and badly at that, I even got to see Pedro pitch but he was knocked around by the Orioles.

Yes that is a great story with a postive spin instead of all the negativity following the sporting world the past days and weeks. I think he did a great job considering he only gave up two runs to one of the best offensives in baseball and got out of a major bases loaded situation in the 4th.

The biggest negative about Lester is that he puts a lot of base runners on via walks mostly. A major positive is that he always seems to pitch out of those jams. Young lefty pitchers are known to walk a lot of guys and throw a lot of pitches but once Lester learns how to pitch effectively he'll be very very good.

Nice win by the Sox tonight. Matsuzaka pitched very well followed by the usual Okie/Papelbon combo closing the door.

5 in a row by the Sox, maybe they're turning it around and at the right time too.

Any word if Ortiz will be playing in this series? Great to see Matsuzaka come through with great pitching and Okajima/Papelbon to close the door.

Back
Top Bottom