The Official 2007 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 46 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2007 Boston Red Sox Thread

Good day and win for the Sox, after what could have been a disaster after Papelbon blew the save in the 9th (he always has trouble vs. TB for some reason).

Lester looked decent in his 2nd start. Only walked 1 guy which was great for him. He threw strikes and should have gotten the W.

Synder pitched very well tonight, word is Timlin is hurt and thus the reason he didn't pitch. The Sox don't want to put him on the DL right now because they don't want to hurt their levenge in trades. Craig Hansen has been throwing well in Triple A, I wonder if he'll get the call up or if it'll be Breslow or Pineiro.

Tomorrow looking for the sweep with Matsuzaka but I wouldn't count on it with Kazmir going.

WOW that was a fun game to be at. Its funny i went to this game and last nights game and both games there was about 90% redsox fans and 8% Devil Ray fans and 2% Yankee fans.

I am now 5-0 When i see the sox play in person. Alex Cora is terrible, idk if Pedoria is hurt but idk why Cora played both night(he almost cost us the game by swinging on the first 2 pitches in extra innings after the guy walked 3 straight batters)

Well Delcarman blew the game today, they shouldn't be losing to the Devil Rays they are the worst team in the league.

smh, you must not watch to much baseball eh?

The Rays' pitching besides Kazmir and Shields is pathetic. They have some hitting talent but man that pen flat out sucks.

The Rays could very well be the worst team in the AL, not that KC is anything special but I don't know it's close.

The Rays' pitching besides Kazmir and Shields is pathetic. They have some hitting talent but man that pen flat out sucks.

The Rays could very well be the worst team in the AL, not that KC is anything special but I don't know it's close.

yes. but i didnt say we werent one of the worst. what i said is he hasnt watched much baseball if hes suprised you guys lost today.

kazmir owns yall. plain and simple. he has his hole career. and when we are hitting and healthy we have a very good lineup. not to mention you play 162 games, so yall cant win them all.

yes. but i didnt say we werent one of the worst. what i said is he hasnt watched much baseball if hes suprised you guys lost today.

kazmir owns yall. plain and simple. he has his hole career. and when we are hitting and healthy we have a very good lineup. not to mention you play 162 games, so yall cant win them all.
Still even if he does own it still aggravates me to see them lose to the worst team in the league with one of their best pitchers on the mound.

Rumor:

Sox are going to get Dye from the White Sox for Wily Mo Pena and a pitching prospect (word is it will not be Buchholz or Lester, unfortunately it could be Michael Bowden or Justin Masterson)

Not sure how I feel on it depending on who the pitcher is but Wily Mo isn't a big deal leaving. With Dye, although he struggled this season, has been hitting better lately and he would be a good bench player/4th OFer for the playoff run.

Jermaine Dye doesn't make much sense but the J.D. Drew signing was a big mistake from the beginning and now maybe they are trying to make up for it.

Jermaine Dye doesn't make much sense but the J.D. Drew signing was a big mistake from the beginning and now maybe they are trying to make up for it.

Drew was a mistake however Dye is a FA after the season so it will only be a half a year rental for him. The Sox really need a right handed power bat off the bench and a good 4th OFer and Dye fits that. When he walks after the season the Sox will pick up 2 first round draft picks for him so it's not all bad.

Word is the pitcher is either Delcarmen or Masterson. Still not sure how I feel about it right now. Delcarmen has been pretty good (minus yesterday) in the pen and Masterson has a lot of upside. Losing Delcarmen will hurt for this year but Masterson could becoem a nasty starter or reliever in the future. I guess I'd dump Delcarmen and hope Donnelly and Timlin get healthy and help out the Sox pen. Of course Kyle Synder who has been pitching good recently could help fill that void.

Yeah he is flexible and you can't have enough of bench players like Dye.

Bottom line, Dye is better than Wily Mo. It was clear Wily Mo needs to play everyday to get better and he couldn't do that here. It goes down as a bad move trading Arroyo for Wily Mo right now but if Dye can come here, step in and help out, it might not be so bad after all.

Back
Top Bottom