The Official 2007 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 45 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2007 Boston Red Sox Thread

Any word if Ortiz will be playing in this series? Great to see Matsuzaka come through with great pitching and Okajima/Papelbon to close the door.

He should play tonight. Him hurting his shoulder might be good for him in the long run as he gets to rest his knee and him not playing isn't hurting the team right now as they won 5 straight (4 games without him).

What a great outing by Dice-K. We are pitching pretty good now again, hopefully the bats can also continue to pound it out with Ortiz coming back.

What a great outing by Dice-K. We are pitching pretty good now again, hopefully the bats can also continue to pound it out with Ortiz coming back.

:lol: Dice-K knows when he pitches great there is no run support, So its a good thing he did not give up a run

Surprising move, Joel Pineiro accepted his assignment to Triple A. Word is he'll be a starter there. Not sure if that means he'll have any trade value at all but still surprised he'd rather play in Triple A than try to land with another team.

He'll be called up on September 1st.

Sox rumors from boston.com:

CLEVELAND - It isn't for a lack of trying, but as of this afternoon the Red Sox were not close to a deal according to a source with familiarity with the Sox trade talks.

The Sox had irons in the fire for sure. Dodgers' Triple-A third baseman Andy LaRoche, Tampa Bay Devil Rays infielder Ty Wigginton, White Sox right-fielder Jermaine Dye, Texas first baseman Mark Teixeira, outfielder Bobby Kielty and others were all on the radar screen and the Sox had various degrees of discussions concerning the above-named players.

Very interesting. I'd love for the Sox to land LaRoche or Teixeira without giving up Lester, Buchholz or Ellsbury. I wonder who the Dodgers are interested in.

Also I wonder if Texas would take Michael Bowden, Craig Hansen, Kason Gabbard and/or Wily Mo Pena/David Murphy/Brendan Moss. If so I'd make that deal in a heartbeat (assuming that the Sox could talk contract with Tex for the 72 hour window and get a long term deal in place).

This series has reminded me of a playoff series, good pitching and low scores.

i know im late buut im so happy for lester. he is easily one of my favorite players in the league

It's hard not to root for the guy. I don't care if he's on the Mets, Cubs, White Sox, Cardinals, Yankees, Indians, Mariners, Devil Rays or whatever team I'd be rooting for the kid. No one deserves to go through what he had to especially at only 23 years old. I'm hoping he has a long successful career no matter what team he pitches for.

Beckett pitches a gem, 1 bad pitch and we get blanked by a former reliever. Carmona has been on fire since becoming a starter, I wish I had picked him up for my fantasy team.

Hopefully scouts were at tonight's game and saw Wily Mo. Good win tonight and good series vs. Cleveland.

I think Manny is back.

Back
Top Bottom