The Official 2008 Boston Red Sox Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2008 Boston Red Sox Thread

It's good to be back! Thanks for the thread NJ.

At the risk of sounding un-manly, I kind of missed my FH Red Sox pals like In Flames, Monsters, RI, Patsy, Brown and the other Sox fans I apologize but we're back now!

And we're also the defending champs and hopefully a dynasty in the making.

At the risk of sounding un-manly, I kind of missed my FH Red Sox pals like In Flames, Monsters, RI, Patsy, Brown and the other Sox fans I apologize but we're back now!

:bighug::D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Great to be back and watch this potential dynasty in the making.

Missed you guys too, its been so long we can almost talk about our 2008 title. :woot:

I'll tell you what I'm not looking forward to that trip to Japan for the 2 game series with Oakland to start the season. It just has bad idea written all over it.

"Boston Herald article: Less than a month before the start of spring training, the reigning world champions were front and center last night during the annual Boston Baseball Writers Association dinner at the Westin Waterfront Hotel. Rarely (if ever) in their history have the Red Sox had an offseason as tranquil as this one, and any issues currently facing the team are relatively minor. But here’s a question: Why hasn’t manager Terry Francona been signed to a contract extension yet?"

Seriously, what's the hang-up here?

Seriously, what's the hang-up here?

Both the Red Sox FO and Francona want to get a multi-year deal done and both parties know that when they sit down to do it it won't take long at all. There's no real hang up or sense of urgency to get it done quickly. A new deal (my guess is a 3 year done worth 8 to 9 million total) will be done by opening day.

By the way, is it just me or is it weird to have an offseason go by without a 'Manny wants to be traded' rumor. I just hope I didn't jinx it now.

Both the Red Sox FO and Francona want to get a multi-year deal done and both parties know that when they sit down to do it it won't take long at all. There's no real hang up or sense of urgency to get it done quickly. A new deal (my guess is a 3 year done worth 8 to 9 million total) will be done by opening day.

By the way, is it just me or is it weird to have an offseason go by without a 'Manny wants to be traded' rumor. I just hope I didn't jinx it now.
:D Guess I'm just being a bit paranoid, always waiting for something bad to happen when everything seems to be going so well. I have noticed the Manny thing as well, although, all it's takes is Manny waking up on the wrong side of the bed one morning and then we're right back to "Manny being Manny" and asking for a trade out of Boston.

Back
Top Bottom