the official bowl season draft prospect discussion thread... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the official bowl season draft prospect discussion thread...

hoops

Tua time!
Reaction score
talk about it here...

personally i'm not all that interested in watching the bowl games this year til boise st plays arizona st i wanna say the 22nd of december so i can get one last view of vontaze burflict and see if he'll go all out in his likely final game to put out some good tape for nfl scouts...

i'm sure you guys got some names in bowl games earlier though that are worth taking a look at...

I could care less about the bowl games themselves, but will keep my eyes on when Jones and RG the 3rd play. One of them could end up being out future qb.

The guys to keep an eye on in the San Diego State vs UL-Lafayette game are:

CB Larry Parker, San Diego State (#29)
LB Miles Burris, San Diego State (#9)
QB Ryan Lindley, San Diego State (#14)
TE Ladarius Green, UL-Lafayette (#89)
CB Dwight Bentley, UL-Lafayette (#5)

Ryan Lindley is a good 3rd round prospect that you might be able to cure of some of his inconsistent accuracy mechanically, and through repetitions. He's got a bad receivers unit and sometimes he's trying to throw them open and they aren't adjusting. His deep ball is surprisingly accurate considering his streakiness on other throws. When you see him zip a ball 35 yards from opposite hash to sidelines through a tight window, that's why you keep coming back to him. Operates from a pro style play-action based offense, turns his back to the defense a lot. Reminds me a lot of Jake Locker but he won't be drafted #8 overall like Locker was.

Here's a video I had made of Larry Parker. I like him a lot. Small corner, willing to stick his nose in to tackle, made of wood...reminds me of Chris Owens. BALL HAWK. Has something like 7 or 8 interceptions this year including in big games and at big moments. Stays in the hip pocket of all receivers with absolute ease. Really good with the ball in the air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4da9ewkgFM

The guys to keep an eye on in the San Diego State vs UL-Lafayette game are:

CB Larry Parker, San Diego State (#29)
LB Miles Burris, San Diego State (#9)
QB Ryan Lindley, San Diego State (#14)
TE Ladarius Green, UL-Lafayette (#89)
CB Dwight Bentley, UL-Lafayette (#5)

Ryan Lindley is a good 3rd round prospect that you might be able to cure of some of his inconsistent accuracy mechanically, and through repetitions. He's got a bad receivers unit and sometimes he's trying to throw them open and they aren't adjusting. His deep ball is surprisingly accurate considering his streakiness on other throws. When you see him zip a ball 35 yards from opposite hash to sidelines through a tight window, that's why you keep coming back to him. Operates from a pro style play-action based offense, turns his back to the defense a lot. Reminds me a lot of Jake Locker but he won't be drafted #8 overall like Locker was.

Here's a video I had made of Larry Parker. I like him a lot. Small corner, willing to stick his nose in to tackle, made of wood...reminds me of Chris Owens. BALL HAWK. Has something like 7 or 8 interceptions this year including in big games and at big moments. Stays in the hip pocket of all receivers with absolute ease. Really good with the ball in the air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4da9ewkgFM

Good video, I cant imgaine he has great timed speed..Maybe a fit in a cover 2. Looks like SD state plays alot of zone too based in that video. Or at least they are in off coverage.

Good video, I cant imgaine he has great timed speed..Maybe a fit in a cover 2. Looks like SD state plays alot of zone too based in that video. Or at least they are in off coverage.

Depends on what you consider "great" timed speed. Is he going to run in the 4.3's? Not sure about that. But any player that can catch Denard Robinson from behind is a fast human and I think fast enough to do whatever you need at the next level.

If he goes into a cover two, it would not be for lack of speed. It would more be because of his lack of height/size, and not wanting him to get into too many deep field jump ball situations versus a guy in man to man that could be up to 7 inches taller.

Good thread hoops. I absolutely love bowl season. I'm a college football guy.

I enjoy the matchups and the contrast in styles you get from scheme and personnel standpoints in bowl games. Bowl games are a great opportunity for these kids to make a big impact on their stock heading into draft process. A lot of what they do in these bowl games is going to stick in the minds of NFL people for months.

CK already made note of the kids to pay attention to in the SDSU vs. UL-Lafayette matchup, so I'm going to talk about the players I'm paying attention to in the other two bowl games this weekend.

Temple vs. Wyoming:

Tashaun Gipson / Cornerback / Wyoming --- (Probably the only draftable prospect for Wyoming in this game)

Bernard Pierce / Runningback / Temple --- (Stud. Only a junior, but it's possible he comes out early if he has a big game here. Has the skills to be a feature back in the NFL.)

Adrian Robinson / DE-OLB / Temple --- (Temple has one of the best defenses in the country, Robinson is a big reason why)

Tahir Whitehead / OLB / Temple --- (This kid is another reason why)

Morkeith Brown / Defensive End / Temple --- (This kid is another reason why. Big kid who could project as a 5-tech in odd fronts in the NFL)

Evan Rodriguez / Tight End-H-back / Temple --- (Probably an H-back in the NFL)

Ohio vs. Utah State:

Lavon Brazill / Wide Receiver / Ohio --- (One of the most underrated receivers in the entire country)

Robert Turbin / Runningback / Utah State --- (Only a junior, but he may come out if he has a big game here. Big, physical, hard nosed back with power and speed. Underrated player)

Bobby Wagner / Inside Linebacker / Utah State --- (Not a fit for every defense due to size. Underrated player though)

i tell ya what...i'm only into the 2nd quarter on my dvr of the san diego st ul laf game and lindley i can see why he's an nfl prospect...he's got nice feet and an nfl arm...he's throwing some lasers out there...hell of a corner route i just saw...not many guys in the college game that make that throw...i'm intrigued

larry parker looks awfully damn small out there...if he's 185 lbs i'll be shocked

Ladarius Green is 6'6" and 240 lbs and is having a ridiculous night tonight, but when UL-Lafayette isolated him in single coverage in the end zone on Larry Parker, and threw the fade to him both plays, Parker came up big and broke up the pass both times. That's 5'11" and 180 lbs on 6'6" and 240 lbs, matched up single on the fade twice...and the diminutive Parker won.

And it's not that Ladarius Green is a bad player. He's been dominating all night, 5 catches for 121 yards and a TD.

i tell ya what...i'm only into the 2nd quarter on my dvr of the san diego st ul laf game and lindley i can see why he's an nfl prospect...he's got nice feet and an nfl arm...he's throwing some lasers out there...hell of a corner route i just saw...not many guys in the college game that make that throw...i'm intrigued

larry parker looks awfully damn small out there...if he's 185 lbs i'll be shocked

Lindley looked the best he's looked all year. His footwork was neat, and accuracy was on point as a result. Moved well in the pocket avoiding the pass rush.

Of course he was doing it against a Sun Belt defense, but I was glad to see him go out and have a good game during the last game of his career. I come away with my lasting impression being the clutch drive he led in the final 2 minutes to put SDSU ahead. The kick ULL's kicker made was spectacular.

One of the best games of the entire season.

Ladarius Green is 6'6" and 240 lbs and is having a ridiculous night tonight, but when UL-Lafayette isolated him in single coverage in the end zone on Larry Parker, and threw the fade to him both plays, Parker came up big and broke up the pass both times. That's 5'11" and 180 lbs on 6'6" and 240 lbs, matched up single on the fade twice...and the diminutive Parker won.

And it's not that Ladarius Green is a bad player. He's been dominating all night, 5 catches for 121 yards and a TD.

Absolutely. Good matchup between these two in the redzone and Parker made play both times. You might have found yourself a decent sleeper in Parker.

FIU vs. Marshall:

T.Y. Hilton / WR / FIU ---
(One of my favorite skill position players in the country. This kid has been on my All Underrated team every year since he was sophomore. Inexperienced and unpolished route runner, but is just as fast and explosive on vertical routes as Desean Jackson was coming out of Cal. Most dangerous kick and punt returner in the country.)

Vinny Curry / DE / Marshall --- (Everybody knows who Vinny Curry is. You either like him or you don't. He'll be about a year or so older than most rookies)

TCU vs. Louisiana Tech:

Tank Carder / ILB / TCU ---
(Heart and soul of Gary Patterson's 4-2-5 defense. He's had a little bit of a down season by his standards. Picked off 2 passes this year and returned both for TD's. Active, high energy linebacker who's pretty good at everything. Probably make a good 'Mike' backer in somebody's 4-3 defense.)

Lennon Creer / RB / Louisiana Tech: --- (Good size. Decent do-it-all type back. Might be worth a late rounder.)

Arizona St. vs. Boise St.:

Vontaze Burfict / ILB / Arizona St. ---
(Has every physical tool in the shed to be an impact linebacker... but being a tool is his biggest drawback. He's his own worst enemy. Gets himself out of position a lot. Can take over and dominate for entire series. Has pro-bowl type potential. Also has mega-bust potential. You take the bad with the good when it comes to Burfict. Enigma.)

Garth Gerhart / C / Arizona St. --- (Solid prospect as a utility interior offensive lineman. Has experience at both guard and center.)

Omar Bolden / CB / Arizona St. --- (Won't be playing in this game as he's missed the entire season with an injury. Very underrated CB who I expect to declare for the NFL draft.)

Gerell Robinson / WR / Arizona St. --- (Huge possession type receiver)

Mike Willie / WR / Arizona St. --- (Ditto)

Cameron Marshall / RB / Arizona St. --- (Was on my underrated underclassman list of RB's heading into the season. Could come out early after this game.)

Kellen Moore / QB / Boise St. --- (Short. Skinny. Weak arm. Accurate. Productive. Experienced. Intangibles. Records, etc. You all know the story with him. Might make a backup in the right system.)

Doug Martin / RB / Boise St. --- (Compact, powerful runner who's also an excellent receiver out of the backfield. I like his low center of gravity, patience, and running style. Poor man's Mark Ingram. Boise's coaches even came to Tuscaloosa to study how Ingram was used by Jim McElwain in order to apply it with Martin.)

Tyler Shoemaker / WR / Boise St. --- (Solidly built, polished receiver who has a knack for the position and a nice feel for the game.)

Nate Potter / OT / Boise St. --- (Moore's blindside protector. Needs to get stronger and play with better leverage. Meh.)

George Iloka / S / Boise St. --- (Big safety who can hit and run. Reminds me a lot of Kam Chancellor coming out of Virginia Tech.)

Billy Winn / DT / Boise St. --- (Beast. Could project as a 5-tech in odd fronts. Really like this kid.)

Shea McClellin / DE / Boise St. --- (Versatile pass rusher who plays a variety of different roles. Rushes with his hand down and from a 2-point stance. Experienced dropping into coverage. Could be a nice sleeper as 3-4 OLB.)

i liked green looked a little light in the pants however...i wonder if you add 15 lbs to that frame if he can maintain what separates him though...cause he looks like a guy who's playin at 230 lbs...

lindley throws some balls that are just heat seekers...the skinny post td to put them up late that ball was a rope...big time arm

Lindley looked the best he's looked all year. His footwork was neat, and accuracy was on point as a result. Moved well in the pocket avoiding the pass rush.

Of course he was doing it against a Sun Belt defense, but I was glad to see him go out and have a good game during the last game of his career. I come away with my lasting impression being the clutch drive he led in the final 2 minutes to put SDSU ahead. The kick ULL's kicker made was spectacular.

One of the best games of the entire season.

agreed...and that kick was balls...thats all i can say...knuckleballer that found pay dirt...much better than those craptastic thursday and saturday night nfl games...those were horrid

taping the marshall game tonight only to key vinny curry and hilton...could care less about the game itself...doubt i'll be watching that crap burger tomorrow though tcu's bowl game...

Back
Top Bottom