the official bowl season draft prospect discussion thread... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the official bowl season draft prospect discussion thread...

One thing about Osweiler that has always concerned me is his penchant for staring down his targets. His feet go dead and he stares down his intended receiver.

He doesn't see the field well and missed an easy touchdown earlier. He still needs a lot of work. Nowhere close to being NFL ready. He's still got a lot to learn about playing the QB position.

Osweiler can't touch Tyler Wilson in my opinion.

Osweiler was almost completely out of control tonight from an emotional standpoint IMO. It affected his play. The coaching controversy issues there took their toll. I agree he's not near ready to play in the NFL. I would prefer he go back to school. But if he came out I'd still rather have him than not, the key is just that I wouldn't plan on playing him at any point in his first year, and maybe not even in his first two years.

He's huge with a little mobility and pretty good arm. The rest is essentially an empty slate.

I don't like the way the ball comes out of his hand... it's inconsistent and dies a lot on him in flight towards the end. It doesn't turn over.

Bottom line is he's got a LOT of room for improvement. This is his first year starting, but he's a long ways from being able to impress me enough to even be in a discussion for the first few rounds. It's all about next year for Osweiler.

alright vontaze burflict you got one last chance to put out some fantastic tape for the scouts to drool over...i wanna see you bringin it tonight...i wanna see a heat seeking missile...even if you're gonna get destroyed by boise

Didn't happen. He started the game on the bench, came in for a couple series.... drew his 112th personal foul penalty, and got his a** benched again.

He's a tool with tools. That's basically the extent of any scouting report on Burfict, although they'll use 500 more words to say exactly that.

Anybody is free to assign whatever value they want to him from the 1st round to the 5th round and they'd probably be right.

Hell of a talent who just doesn't seem to get it.

Edit: On the other hand... Doug Martin... he gets it. He's going to make a good Ray Rice or Mark Ingram type back for whoever drafts him.

Didn't happen. He started the game on the bench, came in for a couple series.... drew his 112th personal foul penalty, and got his a** benched again.

He's a tool with tools. That's basically the extent of any scouting report on Burfict, although they'll use 500 more words to say exactly that.

Anybody is free to assign whatever value they want to him from the 1st round to the 5th round and they'd probably be right.

Edit: On the other hand... Doug Martin... he gets it. He's going to make a good Ray Rice or Mark Ingram type back for whoever drafts him.

Agree with everything. Burflict just isn't mature. The team that gets him is a team that is strong in the locker room and has good, veteran leaders. Miami doesn't have that.

In regards to Martin, he's somebody I've liked since last year and I'm happy to see him perform so well. It's also telling that he was always in the shadows of Kellen Moore, yet he seemed to be fine with it.

I've heard that Dennis Erickson was fired in part because he could never control Vontaze Burfict.

He's only a college player and already he's a coach killer. HUGE red flag. Love the guy's talent, but this sport can be prone to guys with personality disorders (see our own Brandon Marshall)...and so even though your own rational mind keeps wanting to say, he'll grow out of it, he'll grow up, etc...maybe that's not a great assumption. We're projecting our own rationality onto a player from a sample pool that is littered with totally irrational minds.

yeah...he's benched to start and you can tell he's not happy about it then erickson is talkin to him and you can tell he's tellin him when you get your chance you better not do anything stupid and he comes in for series and promptly gets a 15 yard freakin taunting or unsportsmanlike penalty...and never sees the field again...he's too much...kid must not like money cause he's destroying his draft prospects...i doubt he gets touched before the 3rd round and even then i don't know...unreal

as for osweiler everything i saw yesterday furthered my belief he needs to stay in school...doug martin...looks like a good value pick...i don't think he's gonna wow anyone when he tests but that kids a football player...i agree he's got some ray rice in him

Burfict seems like a future Raven to me. They did the same thing last year with Jimmy Smith, counting on that strong locker room to beat a misfit into shape. Burfict is another in that same mold and Ray Lewis is near enough to the end (as are a bunch of guys on that defense), that they're going to have to start looking at high profile alternatives.

Anybody watching the Southern Miss/Nevada game? I'm intersted in Austin Davis, QB of Southern Miss.

potential top pick target quentin coples bowl game today 5pm on espn vs missouri...set the dvr

How did Coples look? I forgot to watch it. Looks like Mizzou is killing them.

Overall a TERRIBLE effort from UNC. Between the turmoil and coaching change, the Heels have phoned it in...bad.

Belk Bowl tonight at 8.

Louisville players to watch:

Seniors

LB Dexter Heyman

TE Josh Chichester

RB Victor Anderson - former BE freshman of the year. Plagued by injuries until this season. Could make a good late round flyer for someone needing a scat back

Juniors

C Mario Benavides - 6'4" 305 lbs learned from Eric Wood and took over for him

CB Adrian Bushell - do everything CB, left UF went to JC then on to U of L

Bonus underclassmen to notice

True Freshman WR DeVante Parker - excellent hands, NFL size

Sophomore SS Hakeem Smith (BE freshman of the year last season, 1st team all BE this season)

RS Freshman G Jake Smith

Sophomore RB Jeremy Wright - hampered my injuries this season, but coaches say he is the most talented RB they've coached.

There maybe other players you'll notice as well, but these are the main ones.

Back
Top Bottom