The Official CELTICS VS LAKERS Thread | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official CELTICS VS LAKERS Thread

Utah is still a tough *** team, San Antonio still has their big 3 and they will reload, New Orleans will grow with another year under their belt...and for your comment I am a Heat fan, but Paul Pierce is my favorite player and has been for a long time...any Celtic fan will tell you that when Boston was a perennial playoff team, Antoine was the one throwing up brick after brick in big moments, he had a similar effect years later in Miami actually...the media tugs on kobe's jock so much, i heard one of the talking idiots say that by just winning this one title he should be considered as Jordan's heir...that is absolutely ridiculous, and had the refs not handed the lakers all the calls in the last game...this would be a sweep...and the "GREATEST PLAYER ON THE PLANET" would not normally allow his team to be swept off the court in the biggest series of his life...i wouldnt put Kobe on that pedestal right now honestly, hes a great player, but has not shown he can will his team through the tough times...he was HANDED an all star PF on a silver platter by Memphis...even with bynum coming back...its not a lock for you guys to get back to the finals stage...putting a "dynasty" label on the Lakers right now is a mistake by most of the media, everyone is saying with Bynum this and Bynum that...had Bynum not gotten hurt, you wouldnt have gotten Pau, so the same thing would happen...the Bynum injury is a blessing in disguise...

If anyone knows a blessing its the Celtics. Of course Mchale was only going to give his team a discount for KG. One of the greatest Fowards in the game just handed to Boston. Now that is a silver platter. Why the hell do you keep mentioning the refs if anything the Celtics have been getting a **** load of calls in the first 2 games. How the hell does a bench player have more free throw attempts then a entire team. Now that some home court advantage. As for the media tugging on Kobe jock, its because that what the media has turned into unfortunately.

I know Kobe was asking for fouls to be called all night, and they just weren't going the Lakers way. The fouls were lopsided in game 2 verses game one. You can't tell me that the Celts are not fouling the Lakers. They just weren't called. Expect that to change in LA.

Those first two fouls on Kobe were ticky tacky and that is what started his frustration. Why the refs can't be consistant from one game to another is beyond me, or from one side of the court to the other. Still I don't think the fouls is the reason they lost, but a factor in adding to the Lakers frustration. But they came back two times in the second half so that tells me that if Boston is going to win in LA at all, they have to make sure they have like a 35 point lead.

This series is far from over. The shots that fell for the Celts in games 1 and 2 won't fall in LA. The in and out shots the Lakers missed will fall in LA. Count on it, it always works out that way, don't ask me why.

Poe had an awesome game and that could be the reason the Celts won alone right there. He had like 21 points. Monster game. Don't count on that everynight though. I look for a Laker bench to bring it in the three games in LA.

I don't know why Jackson starts Radmonovich. He plays like 5 minutes and then he is gone because of foul trouble. Why doesn't he start Vuvovich or Walton and bring Rad off the bench? I wonder if Phil J will make any starting changes like that. I doubt it, but I would consider it.

I don't think the Lakers are overrated. I think you are underrating them. I would be interested to see what you think after game 5.

Well its after game 4 and we are up 3-1. I have never seen a team as dissrespected as the Celtics were, almost nobody picked us to win. The celtics were the best team all year and all of a sudden the Lakers were unbeatable by the media. Greatest comeback ever and it really took the heart of the Lakers.

:woot: Lamar is back. Ya baby. Finally the Lakers wake up. Boston is lucky to win game 1. The Lakers had them but Kobe didnt show up. If Lamar, Kobe and the bench keep playing like this Lakers in 6.

BOSTON SUCK BOSTON SUCK BOSTON SUCK

:lol:

lol you are really gonna compare the KG and Pau trades Amars? C'mon now...Celtics traded a full rotation plus a YOUNG all star caliber PF for KG...while u guys gave up Javarris Crittendon, Marc Gasol, and Kwame Brown for an all star still in his prime...u guys gave up absolutely nothing...Kwame Brown was the big piece of that trade, thats absolutely ridiculous, u guys were gift wrapped the trade because of your old buddy Mr. West...and for the record, game 1 was evenly called, and game two, the fouls were 28-21 in the Celtics favor, the reason they got more freebies is because they were actually going to the basket and Kobe n the Pips were busy shooting J's...

and Kobe shouldnt say his team wet the bed, HE wet the bed, hes the unquestioned leader of that team, its incomprehensible that a leader like Kobe could ever allow his team to blow a 20+ point lead at home in the most crucial game of his career pretty much...Pierce says he wanted to be on Kobe on the 2nd half, that worked out well lol...

If anyone knows a blessing its the Celtics. Of course Mchale was only going to give his team a discount for KG. One of the greatest Fowards in the game just handed to Boston. Now that is a silver platter. Why the hell do you keep mentioning the refs if anything the Celtics have been getting a **** load of calls in the first 2 games. How the hell does a bench player have more free throw attempts then a entire team. Now that some home court advantage. As for the media tugging on Kobe jock, its because that what the media has turned into unfortunately.

If anyone knows a blessing, how is it not LA?

L.A. has always been on the better end of controversies...game 6 vs kings in the wcf a few years ago...orlando allowing Shaq to walk after the CBA changed...vlade for kobe trade lol...most recently the Gasol trade...should i continue? lol

Al Jefferson is a far superior player to what you're giving him credit for. Kwame Brown couldn't play dead.

I thought the game was over in the 1st half. A massive choke job by the Lakers. I think the media got a little crazy annointing Kobe the greatest player ever. Yet he's still not even the greatest player of this generation. The Lakers should be better next year with Bynum. Though I think other teams like Utah, San Antonio, New Orleans, will also be right there.

i have always been very critical of Doc...before this series i really thought he was gonna be heavily outmatched by Phyllis...but Doc is really proving all his naysayers wrong...i commend him for shutting me and the others up lol...hes making the right subs, hes playing the guys that produce the most...im just shocked hes outcoached Phil honestly...

Props to the celts for coming back. Lakers don't deserve to win.

As for Doc making the right moves...the biggest move was when Perkins got hurt and they moved Posey to PF and inserted House at PG. Those two killed the Lakers. I felt Phil didn't ever adjust to that lineup and didn't adjust the lineups to get some more firepower on the court. On top of that I felt the Lakers came out lazy at the start of the 2nd half.

and Kobe shouldnt say his team wet the bed, HE wet the bed, hes the unquestioned leader of that team, its incomprehensible that a leader like Kobe could ever allow his team to blow a 20+ point lead at home in the most crucial game of his career pretty much...Pierce says he wanted to be on Kobe on the 2nd half, that worked out well lol...

This was a total team loss. Period.

idk for all of Phil's smarts youd think he'd adjust to that switch because of the perkins injury, especially with his team gettin killed against that lineup...and while i agree it was a team loss...for kobe to shoot 6-19 fgs, thus allowing the celtics to control the game in the 2nd half, is just incredible...he did indeed choke the big one, he led the lakers to what happened...

against a similar squad defensively in '06, Wade controlled the Pistons D...shooting almost 70%...and with the Heat down 0-2, he put the team on his back and averaged 37 a game...all ive seen kobe do is yell at everyone and play well below his strengths in this series except for one game...

Back
Top Bottom