the official college hoops thread... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the official college hoops thread...

UNC is a joke, especially John Henson. Had his shot blocked with 5 seconds left on the clock down by only 1 and starts running back down court instead of fouling Davis? Absolute joke.

Watching UNC throw in the towel after the blocked shot was pathetic. I wonder how much shyt they will get for that.

Watching UNC throw in the towel after the blocked shot was pathetic. I wonder how much shyt they will get for that.

I think it's more a case of extremely poor basketball IQ not realizing they needed to foul. Just terrible. Even if they make both free throws it's still a one score game.

UNC is a joke, especially John Henson. Had his shot blocked with 5 seconds left on the clock down by only 1 and starts running back down court instead of fouling Davis? Absolute joke.

henson is someone that i would covet in the draft...he's already showing real signs of improvement with his back to the basket game and footwork and anytime you can get true bigs who have a soft enough touch to catch and face up and bury the 15 footer thats an eye opener for the next level...add in that wingspan and the way he blocks shots and the fact that you envision him putting on another 20 lbs in the pros and you got yourself a potential 15 ppg and double digit rebounder...but he has to get stronger...you'd have to wait a few years while he develops but he has high end tools...i'll say that

top 10 bpa in the next draft...

henson is someone that i would covet in the draft...he's already showing real signs of improvement with his back to the basket game and footwork and anytime you can get true bigs who have a soft enough touch to catch and face up and bury the 15 footer thats an eye opener for the next level...add in that wingspan and the way he blocks shots and the fact that you envision him putting on another 20 lbs in the pros and you got yourself a potential 15 ppg and double digit rebounder...but he has to get stronger...you'd have to wait a few years while he develops but he has high end tools...i'll say that

top 10 bpa in the next draft...

I'd take him for his defense/rebounding/wingspan alone. Terrific athlete as well. Definately needs to get stronger and more physical and still has plenty of work to do on the offensive end. Very good potential though, and someone high on my list for the 76ers this upcoming draft. But still, complete joke of a play by him to not foul Davis.

i won't argue that...should have fouled davis...but i think he was thinking the clock was expired...and you got to realize henson probably since high school has had his shot blocked like that maybe one time on a face up cause of his length...i'm sure he was shocked davis got a hand on it...just not something he's used to

but yeah if i was the 6ers he's definitely a guy i'd want to get hold of...there's just a ton of upside and potential there at the next level...he looks like a clay you can mold into a player

UNC's overrated again. Shocker.

Overrated b/c they lost on the road in probably the thoughest building in the Country by a point to the current #1 team? and did this w/ their best player only playing 24 mins b/c of foul trouble? I'll take that overrated any day.

It was a tough loss but fortunately CBB is run much better than CFB so the teams get to earn it on the court in March/April rather than have computers dictate who wins the Nat'l Title. This team is the best in the Country and it will be proven in New Orleans.

They lost to UNLV too pretty handily.

Of course, UNLV isn't some ****kicker team from Vegas, though they just did lose to Wichita State (they were due for a letdown given their last 2 games I suppose).

The way UNC got blown this offseason, you'd have thought they had the 1982 Tar Heels instead of the 2011 Tar Heels.

Of course, UNLV isn't some ****kicker team from Vegas, though they just did lose to Wichita State (they were due for a letdown given their last 2 games I suppose).

The way UNC got blown this offseason, you'd have thought they had the 1982 Tar Heels instead of the 2011 Tar Heels.

The '82 team lost twice too. The heels earned their preseason press as the favorite and they still are the favorite to win it all. They may not but they are the favorite.

They're have been many tar heel teams a lot better than the '82 squad. I think most people saw that there was very little separation between the top teams this year, with UNC being put first mostly by default since they had the least amount of unknowns.

Kentucky has an insane amount of talent but I don't trust them to be able to play a game under control like that every outing, especially with Teague at point. They're probably better than either of the last two iterations but they have the same flaw....an over reliance on youth and a freshman point that has the habit of turning it over in bunches. They do have the luxury of having a very good backup this time around so maybe they'll survive it.

Gotta say I'm not a big fan of Barnes. Hes going to single handedly win some games this year and is one of the most polished players I've ever seen at his age but the whole NBA attitude just gets on my nerves. The lackadaisical defense and one on five "hero" ball.....there are a lot of older Carolina and Duke fans that aren't going to be sad at all to see Barnes and Rivers leaving after this year.

Back
Top Bottom