the official get henning out of miami thread

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by sinPHIN, Aug 27, 2010.

1. sinPHIN

sinPHIN A True Fan

we need a new oc, like now. im calling for the guys head. as long as he is here we will never be able to open the offense up and spread the field. he is to damn conservative. nobody will be scared of this o with his crappy play calling, and we will only go so far. or when something is working the guy wants to get slick and do a trick play, JUST STICK WITH WHATS WORKING! why call for ricky to do a rb pass at the one when we were running the ball down their throat? why bring in the wildcat when henne is on a roll? why bring white in when the game is on the line? why play action in the 2 min drill? GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE NOW!! or we wont ever live up to our potentially on offense. he is just pulling the o down. this better be his last year

I SHOULD MAKE IT CLEAR THIS ISNT A DOOMSDAY THREAD. SORRY ABOUT THE TIMING. I JUST THINK HE WILL HOLD US BACK FROM WE COULD POTENTIALLY BE.

2. PhishFanInNY

PhishFanInNY the dub man the dub man

Man i echoed the same thoughts watching that game tonight

3. BROWN 23

BROWN 23 Crafty Veteran

c"mon man!

4. sinPHIN

sinPHIN A True Fan

sorry i just feel like he is holding the o back. i dont think the sky is falling its just we will never get to where we all want with him being the oc

5. Cloudy

Cloudy MustNotSleep-MustWarnOthers

I realize this is an ongoing problem but the timing of it makes it seem like another one of those doomday threads after a loss...

6. retarmyfinfan

retarmyfinfan Brave Rifles Donator

I wanted him gone the same time our DC got fired

7. madisonfan90

madisonfan90 I run Buffalo

With that sentence I was having flashbacks of Wannys offenses. I agree though remove him.

8. sinPHIN

sinPHIN A True Fan

same here. ive wanted him gone since last year

9. carjackistan

carjackistan Rookie

I don't have a problem with Henning. He's a pretty decent, perhaps slightly above average offensive coordinator. We've had such turnover at that position, and he's working with a younger group that seems to be comfortable learning from him. He's likely retiring within a couple of years anyway, as he is 68.

Paul P. was the one who needed to go, and I'm glad he did.

10. 72champagne

72champagne the annual ritual

i don't like Henning either as an oc and its likely he was on board with the this pat white debacle. side note: Henne & Sparano still haven't learned when to use timeouts.

11. TKAllDay

TKAllDay Seasoned Veteran Donator

Man I hate him. We need new and innovative. Something to keep up with the rest of the NFL!! THROW THE DAMN BALL DEEP

12. xxdolfanxx

xxdolfanxx Well-Known Member

Relax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have no clue how the offense is going to look once the regular season starts. WHY WOULD HE OPEN UP THE OFFENSE FOR A PRESEASON GAME?!!? You can start this thread if the same thing happens in the regular season, which im sure it wont.

13. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

This guy appears to have shown little with NO considering the time frame... and has had enough of a chance here too. He also needs to be kicked to the curb.
    [​IMG]

14. sinPHIN

sinPHIN A True Fan

lol do you not see the same offense as last year, same play calling? like i said befor we will be fine but henning puts the o in bad spots bc of his play calling.

15. sinPHIN

sinPHIN A True Fan

agree!!! new oc and special teams coach

16. LanceyD

LanceyD Active Member

Having a worth while discussion would be so much easier and your points would be so much clearer, if you could proof read your posts before pressing "reply"...

17. xxdolfanxx

I bet you we open up the offense in week 1 against the bills. There is no point to this tread because we all know we are not going to switch ocs two weeks before the season.

18. sinPHIN

sinPHIN A True Fan

i hope you are right. i personally dont see it, because of the kind of offense he has always ran. but again I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT

19. CRAZYDOLFAN305

CRAZYDOLFAN305 We Are Still Going To The SB

Yeah let's get rid of the coordinator that has us avg close to 25 points a game last year, With NO #1 WR, 1 year QB, his # 1 running back on IR. Yeah let's get rid of him less than two weeks before the season. How COO COO is that ?

20. sinPHIN

sinPHIN A True Fan

i said he needs to be gone next year buddy

21. FinAtic8480

FinAtic8480 A True Fan

Perhaps I could be wrong and I know coach Sparano says he is playing to win, but the offense was vanilla as hell. Henning was holding back and you could clearly see it. The same goes for the Defense.

22. Mogwai

Mogwai Seasoned Veteran

I'm astonished he's still with the team. We stress ST as hard as any team in the league and we are at best average.

Anyway, there are few things easier in football then calling for your OC's head, but I'll admit i'm beginning to get antsy with Henning. I'll wait to see the regular season version of this year's wildcat but i'm becoming increasingly tired of it.

23. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Henning has sucked for about 8 years now. Panthers fans couldn't wait to get rid of him, and now Dolphins fans are starting to feel the same way. He should of been canned with Pasqualoni.

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

He needs to go as well.

24. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Dan Henning open up the offense? :lol: I'll believe it when I see it. Panthers fans hated him for being too conservative. Sounds like the same Dan Henning we've had for going on 3 seasons now.

25. SanDiegoFinFan7

SanDiegoFinFan7 Well-Known Member

lol, u guys are going crazy over a preseason game. last yr our offense was fine, it was our defense that let us down. Henning is doing a good job with the offense, since he's been here, he's been putting us in situations to score points. two things to be pointed out:
    - Pre-season game: why would he want to open up our offense?
    - The plays were mainly the O-lines fault
    - Got beat off the line = henne pressured
    - Looked overpowered majority of the time
    Again, big things in store for Miami this year, just watch

26. sinPHIN

sinPHIN A True Fan

dude this isnt bc of the preseason game. its bc he should of been gone in the offseason. if you think pulling you qb out for white in the 4th with the game is on the line, or rb pass on the one is ok you are the crazy one. you cant tell me the guy is such a great oc.

27. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Crazy over a preseason game? Henning hasn't been a good OC for 8 years now. What does this being a preseason game have to do with opening up our offense? Henning hasn't opened up his offense for 8 seasons now.

28. rickyfan85

rickyfan85 Rookie

I cant take anybody except maybe one person on this thread seriously. He's the best OC, probably better than anyone since gary stevens. further back beyond him is almost irrelevent. Theres nothing wrong with Henning's schemes or play calling, its just the people that need somthing to blame and he's the odd man out. There will always be those people. I'm totally shocked at how so many people are responding so sorely over a preseason game. It's preseason it doesnt count and no one is supposed to "Open up" the offense that's totally counter-intuitive. I seroiusly saw somone with a thread calling for Henne to be benched. Look i know we're all football starved but raising a calamity over a week 3 pre-season game....It's strange to see people become blind out of desperation for the regular season.

29. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Preseason this, preseason that. This has nothing to do with preseason. Henning has been the same guy for 8 years now. And that guy isn't a good OC. That guy is a conservative OC afraid to open up his offense. And apparently, that guy makes huge blunders like calling HB passes on the goalline, putting Pat White in the game for no reason, calling draws/screens that fail every 3rd and long, and many more.

30. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Too bad Henning holds back in the regular season too eh.

31. BassFin

BassFin Starter

Ben & Jerry's should make an ice cream flavor for Dan Henning. It should bits of waffle in super plain vanilla with no nuts. It should be called "Over the Hill OC"

32. Dolphinsfan_09

Dolphinsfan_09 Well-Known Member

Coach said they would be running basic plays and still looking at a bunch of players. If you notice we had a bunch of second and third string players playing from the first play. Not an excuse for sloppy play no doubt, the O line was Horriable and Coach needs to bring some more line men in. we have way too many injuries.

Dan Henning has nothing to do with poor and sloppy play by the O line.

33. Drfletcherdc

Drfletcherdc A True Fan

Our OC is horrible. Nothing like running on 2nd and long everytime. I also think the league has figured out Polites short yardage run. Let's not use that for a while.

34. xxdolfanxx

I really believe the main reason henning didn't open up the offense the last 2 years was because we didn't have personel to do so. We didn't have a number one reciever and out QB was either too weak (penny) or too inexperience (henne) to handle a wide open offense. And why would he show any plays during the preseason? Its all going to come together when the REAL SEASON starts.

35. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

I'm guessing he didn't have the personnel in Carolina either? I'm guessing he didn't have a number 1 WR like Steve Smith or a real QB like Delhomme in his prime? I wish I could be as optimistic as you, but Henning hasn't shown me anything from his last 8 years as an OC.

36. greasyObnoxious

greasyObnoxious I love lamp Finheaven VIP Donator

i don't know. it might have helped if someone had actually blocked Kroy Biermann, or at least tried to do it.

37. SamTodd

SamTodd Starter

man you people are ridiculous. this is gonna be a good team. What do you want some college spread offense? some wanny, run run pass, punt offense?

38. HurriPhin

HurriPhin Banned Hammered

Some of you guys are a bigger joke than the Jests prediction of SB champs. Get a grip. There was nothing vanilla about our offense last year or the year before that. Chillax.

39. BigLu

BigLu Member

It is pre-season. Everyone is pretty conservative in pre-season as you know the man is NOT conservative in the regular season. How can you call him too damn conservative in the same paragraph that you remind us of all the non-conservative things he has done like throw Ricky in for an RB pass or white in the game when the ball is on the line. Those things you mentioned constitute no being conservative. I give the guy another year now that we have got Marshall and possibly Vincent Jackson (if the rumor mill is correct and we are interested in him). This guy started the wild cat in Miami and has been very innovative with it. You don't want to see what he can do with more weapons in his hands? Give the guy one more year and if he ****s up then don't fire him, keep him around as a "wild-cat coordinator" and get a better OC. Oh and yeah... def fire John Bonamego.

40. sinPHIN

sinPHIN A True Fan

actually the qb coach lee brought the wildcat to the team... and if you read this isnt about the preseason. and why the hell would you do a rb pass on the one when you werre running down their throat, or put pat white in when the game IS ON THE LINE!!!! its just stupid and bad play calling