the official get henning out of miami thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the official get henning out of miami thread

Ben & Jerry's should make an ice cream flavor for Dan Henning. It should bits of waffle in super plain vanilla with no nuts. It should be called "Over the Hill OC"

Coach said they would be running basic plays and still looking at a bunch of players. If you notice we had a bunch of second and third string players playing from the first play. Not an excuse for sloppy play no doubt, the O line was Horriable and Coach needs to bring some more line men in. we have way too many injuries.

Dan Henning has nothing to do with poor and sloppy play by the O line.

Our OC is horrible. Nothing like running on 2nd and long everytime. I also think the league has figured out Polites short yardage run. Let's not use that for a while.

I really believe the main reason henning didn't open up the offense the last 2 years was because we didn't have personel to do so. We didn't have a number one reciever and out QB was either too weak (penny) or too inexperience (henne) to handle a wide open offense. And why would he show any plays during the preseason? Its all going to come together when the REAL SEASON starts.

I really believe the main reason henning didn't open up the offense the last 2 years was because we didn't have personel to do so. We didn't have a number one reciever and out QB was either too weak (penny) or too inexperience (henne) to handle a wide open offense. And why would he show any plays during the preseason? Its all going to come together when the REAL SEASON starts.

I'm guessing he didn't have the personnel in Carolina either? I'm guessing he didn't have a number 1 WR like Steve Smith or a real QB like Delhomme in his prime? I wish I could be as optimistic as you, but Henning hasn't shown me anything from his last 8 years as an OC.

man you people are ridiculous. this is gonna be a good team. What do you want some college spread offense? some wanny, run run pass, punt offense?

Some of you guys are a bigger joke than the Jests prediction of SB champs. Get a grip. There was nothing vanilla about our offense last year or the year before that. Chillax.

It is pre-season. Everyone is pretty conservative in pre-season as you know the man is NOT conservative in the regular season. How can you call him too damn conservative in the same paragraph that you remind us of all the non-conservative things he has done like throw Ricky in for an RB pass or white in the game when the ball is on the line. Those things you mentioned constitute no being conservative. I give the guy another year now that we have got Marshall and possibly Vincent Jackson (if the rumor mill is correct and we are interested in him). This guy started the wild cat in Miami and has been very innovative with it. You don't want to see what he can do with more weapons in his hands? Give the guy one more year and if he ****s up then don't fire him, keep him around as a "wild-cat coordinator" and get a better OC. Oh and yeah... def fire John Bonamego.

It is pre-season. Everyone is pretty conservative in pre-season as you know the man is NOT conservative in the regular season. How can you call him too damn conservative in the same paragraph that you remind us of all the non-conservative things he has done like throw Ricky in for an RB pass or white in the game when the ball is on the line. Those things you mentioned constitute no being conservative. I give the guy another year now that we have got Marshall and possibly Vincent Jackson (if the rumor mill is correct and we are interested in him). This guy started the wild cat in Miami and has been very innovative with it. You don't want to see what he can do with more weapons in his hands? Give the guy one more year and if he ****s up then don't fire him, keep him around as a "wild-cat coordinator" and get a better OC. Oh and yeah... def fire John Bonamego.

actually the qb coach lee brought the wildcat to the team... and if you read this isnt about the preseason. and why the hell would you do a rb pass on the one when you werre running down their throat, or put pat white in when the game IS ON THE LINE!!!! its just stupid and bad play calling

actually the qb coach lee brought the wildcat to the team... and if you read this isnt about the preseason. and why the hell would you do a rb pass on the one when you werre running down their throat, or put pat white in when the game IS ON THE LINE!!!! its just stupid and bad play calling

Along with Henning who was one of the first in a long time to run the wildcat in the NFL with DeAngelo Williams in Carolina.

Some of you guys are a bigger joke than the Jests prediction of SB champs. Get a grip. There was nothing vanilla about our offense last year or the year before that. Chillax.
:lol: I take it that statement was the bigger joke you were referring to? Conservative Dan will continue to be, conservative and vanilla,

we averaged 22.5 points a game on offense last year , that was 15th in the league(another fg wouldve made us 13th). with ronnie back , addition of marshall, more experienced henne ,hartline and bess, and better o line, i see us adding 6 pts to that avg this year. that would make us a top 4 offense going by last years avgs. not too shabby.

its so easy to blame the offense, but the real problem lies in the defense. especially our secondary. some of you need to take a step back back and look at the bigger picture. our defense allowed 24.4 points a game, 25th in the league.

are we seeing the problem here? offense scores 22 a game and defense allows 24. im not an accountant but its not that hard to figure up.

Back
Top Bottom