The Official MLB Trade Deadline RUMOR thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official MLB Trade Deadline RUMOR thread

Teixeira to the Braves makes no sense. The Braves are already grooming Saltalamacchia to be their first baseman. Unless Tex plays another position that I'm not aware of.

And Dunn to the Padres would be a good trade for SD. They need a big bat in the middle of the line-up.

EDIT: ok I saw the other thread on how the Rangers would demand Salty from the Braves for Tex.

I do not like Piazza for NYY. I mean he is pretty much a DH only now and we pretty much have a full time DH (Damon).

I do not like Piazza for NYY. I mean he is pretty much a DH only now and we pretty much have a full time DH (Damon).

Damon a DH, I thought he was the answer to Bernie in CF.

For giggles, 2007 stats.

Damon .245, 5 HR, 27 RBI, 15 SB

Crisp .265, 5 HR, 28 RBI, 16 SB

Tex is a MD boy (Annapolis area). Always wanted to play for O's, etc - his team growing up, etc. He has stated many times, once he is a FA the O's have an advantage cause thats where his heart is.

I see. Well good luck Mark, if you go there of course. They haven't been a good team for over a decade

For giggles, 2007 stats.

Never according to me. I was never crazy about that move. I always thought his arm was too much of jello to ever be a solid cf...

Never according to me. I was never crazy about that move. I always thought his arm was too much of jello to ever be a solid cf...

Reminds me of that T-Shirt!

Johnny Damon

Looks like Jesus
Acts like Judas
Throws like Mary

Teixeira to the Braves makes no sense. The Braves are already grooming Saltalamacchia to be their first baseman. Unless Tex plays another position that I'm not aware of.

And Dunn to the Padres would be a good trade for SD. They need a big bat in the middle of the line-up.

EDIT: ok I saw the other thread on how the Rangers would demand Salty from the Braves for Tex.
I will take Dunn here in San Diego! We need some run support for our pitchers, because they cannot continue to carry this team the way they have.:wink:

For giggles, 2007 stats.

Not looking to start a fight or anything but..........

1) The 2006 numbers tell a very different story

2) NY didn't trade away prospects to get a guy with those crappy numbers. They just paid cash in a league with no salary cap. No real loss.

Those are 2 huge points that can't be overlooked

Not looking to start a fight or anything but..........

1) The 2006 numbers tell a very different story

2) NY didn't trade away prospects to get a guy with those crappy numbers. They just paid cash in a league with no salary cap. No real loss.

Those are 2 huge points that can't be overlooked
And damon has been frequently injured this year with the rib and knee injuries.

Back
Top Bottom