The Official MLB Trade Deadline RUMOR thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official MLB Trade Deadline RUMOR thread

How has he played the last year or so? I loved him in Florida.....and I'd love him back.

He's been pretty much what I expected. A GREAT defensive player who'll give you clutch hits, is a leader and has gap power. His back is going wonky on him though and it has robbed him of what true power he did have. He was never a 30 HR guy but he used to be able to chip in about 12-15.

He was on the 60 day DL to start the year and after his first few weeks back (his spring training) he's been hitting and still plays good defense. He'd be a great guy for a team that needs someone to hit in the 2 hole and play solid defense.

If Alou is out of commission for awhile, I could see the Mets getting in on Dunn. I'd happily offer the Reds Lastings Milledge for Dunn. If Alou comes back, they just platoon him with Shawn Green in RF and give him some at bats in LF against tough lefties.
Hows Milledge been doing? I remember last year he was the greatest thing since sliced bread but now I dont hear about him.

Hows Milledge been doing? I remember last year he was the greatest thing since sliced bread but now I dont hear about him.
He just got back after a foot injury kept him out most of the first half. The first 20 games or so he was with the big club playing sparingly (PH/defensive replacement role), got hurt, rehab for about 2 weeks before the AS break. Now that hes back, the last 4 games he's played a big role: Game 1, he scored the GW run from first on a double, Game 2 he homered even though they lost, Game 3, he delivered the GW hit scoring green with an RBI single, and today he had a 2 run double that ended up being the GW run. He's the only guy aside from wright consistantly hitting with RISP, even if its a tiny sample size. Most of all the maturity is up, no flakey bonehead plays, no showboating, no BS. Just good hard nosed baseball. No two ways about it, this past 4 game series even if it was vs a bad reds team he was the spark and if hes going to play like this forget dealing him, may as well deal gomez.

If Alou is out of commission for awhile, I could see the Mets getting in on Dunn. I'd happily offer the Reds Lastings Milledge for Dunn. If Alou comes back, they just platoon him with Shawn Green in RF and give him some at bats in LF against tough lefties.

I'll give you Dunn for Milledge If I was the GM:D

He just got back after a foot injury kept him out most of the first half. The first 20 games or so he was with the big club playing sparingly (PH/defensive replacement role), got hurt, rehab for about 2 weeks before the AS break. Now that hes back, the last 4 games he's played a big role: Game 1, he scored the GW run from first on a double, Game 2 he homered even though they lost, Game 3, he delivered the GW hit scoring green with an RBI single, and today he had a 2 run double that ended up being the GW run. He's the only guy aside from wright consistantly hitting with RISP, even if its a tiny sample size. Most of all the maturity is up, no flakey bonehead plays, no showboating, no BS. Just good hard nosed baseball. No two ways about it, this past 4 game series even if it was vs a bad reds team he was the spark and if hes going to play like this forget dealing him, may as well deal gomez.

Alas, with Gomez on the DL, we can't deal him.

Actually, I think this is a perfect time to deal Milledge, if that's going to happen. Buy low, sell high. I'd still do Dunn for Milledge, even though I know you're mortified by that prospect, Boik. :)

Alas, with Gomez on the DL, we can't deal him.

Actually, I think this is a perfect time to deal Milledge, if that's going to happen. Buy low, sell high. I'd still do Dunn for Milledge, even though I know you're mortified by that prospect, Boik. :)
Im mortified by another 180 k's in our line up, dealing inexpensive youth for an overrated player who imo isnt so much better now then Milledge will be in a year (if hes betetr at all), and by another guy who isnt a great hitter with RISP :beer1:

The A's on Monday acquired catcher Rob Bowen and Minor League reliever Jerry Blevins from the Cubs in exchange for catcher Jason Kendall and cash. Bowen makes his third big-league stop this season, while Blevins was 2-2 with a 1.53 ERA in Double-A.

I like the move just so Kurt Suzuki can play everyday without Kendall getting bent. He's been hitting over the last few weeks after a TERRIBLE start so Kendall will help the Cubs down the stretch.

The mets only make sense for Contraras in the sense that he is a fly ball pitcher in a park that plays pretty equal in terms of the home run ball. Other then that he makes no sense for the mets who need an ace type innings guy like a Beurhle or a Zambrano neither of which is expected to be available...which is why above everything else I expect the mets to roll with some pen help and maybe a bench bat or a salary dump OF like Dye.

With the Cubs playing well their is no way Zambrano is available. If the White Sox were to trade Buehrle their is no way they would of re-signed him to a 4 year extension. Contreras has struggled this year. Though if Minaya made the deal he probably thinks being reunited with El Duque will help him out. Also he'll be facing 8 man lineups which would help. Though he's lost alot on his fastball since the start of last year. Though it wouldn't be the first time the Sox traded a damaged pitcher. Freddie Garcia has lost a ton on his fastball and I don't know how Mike Sirotka passed a physical in order to be traded awhile back.

With the Cubs playing well their is no way Zambrano is available. If the White Sox were to trade Buehrle their is no way they would of re-signed him to a 4 year extension. Contreras has struggled this year. Though if Minaya made the deal he probably thinks being reunited with El Duque will help him out. Also he'll be facing 8 man lineups which would help. Though he's lost alot on his fastball since the start of last year. Though it wouldn't be the first time the Sox traded a damaged pitcher. Freddie Garcia has lost a ton on his fastball and I don't know how Mike Sirotka passed a physical in order to be traded awhile back.
Right but its not the kind of help the mets need. They have a staff filled with guys who are pitching like 2's and 3's. They need a front end guy hence the crux of my original post: The mets only make sense for Contraras in the sense that he is a fly ball pitcher in a park that plays pretty equal in terms of the home run ball. Other then that he makes no sense for the mets who need an ace type innings guy like a Beurhle or a Zambrano neither of which is expected to be available.

The A's on Monday acquired catcher Rob Bowen and Minor League reliever Jerry Blevins from the Cubs in exchange for catcher Jason Kendall and cash. Bowen makes his third big-league stop this season, while Blevins was 2-2 with a 1.53 ERA in Double-A.

I like the move just so Kurt Suzuki can play everyday without Kendall getting bent. He's been hitting over the last few weeks after a TERRIBLE start so Kendall will help the Cubs down the stretch.

I'm a HUGE Cubs fan and I'm just curious if there's a reason Kendall's numbers are so abysmal this year? I remember how good he used to be but I haven't followed him in a couple of years.

I'm a HUGE Cubs fan and I'm just curious if there's a reason Kendall's numbers are so abysmal this year? I remember how good he used to be but I haven't followed him in a couple of years.

He was terrible, I mean sit him down/do anything to get his contract off the books terrible for the first 2 months with the bat. He could not buy a hit but he still handled the pitchers too well to sit him down.

He has been hitting over the last month and a half. Not lighting the World on fire by any means but better.

You're getting a different Kendall then you'll remember. He has ZERO power. He does'nt even have gap power anymore. He's a singles hitter if there ever has been a singles hitter. He's also a very good defensive catcher, reliable and good with young arms, that being said you're pitchers better be quick to the plate because my 93 yeal old Grandmother would steal on him, he's simply the worst throwing catcher in baseball.

I like the move for both teams. The Cubs get a reliable catcher for the stretch for the rest of the year and the A's get to take a long look at Kurt Suzuki.

He was terrible, I mean sit him down/do anything to get his contract off the books terrible for the first 2 months with the bat. He could not buy a hit but he still handled the pitchers too well to sit him down.

He has been hitting over the last month and a half. Not lighting the World on fire by any means but better.

You're getting a different Kendall then you'll remember. He has ZERO power. He does'nt even have gap power anymore. He's a singles hitter if there ever has been a singles hitter. He's also a very good defensive catcher, reliable and good with young arms, that being said you're pitchers better be quick to the plate because my 93 yeal old Grandmother would steal on him, he's simply the worst throwing catcher in baseball.

I like the move for both teams. The Cubs get a reliable catcher for the stretch for the rest of the year and the A's get to take a long look at Kurt Suzuki.

I like the trade to because the Cubs are in my teams division

Kendall was never the same player he was after hurting his ankle and thumb. Lost pretty much all power in his swing due to the thumb injury. He's still tough to strike out but he's a light hitter and if he hits more than 1 home run in a year now it's a miracle.

I hear Adam Dunn to Anaheim for ervin Santana and infielder erik aybar

Back
Top Bottom