The Official MLB Trade Deadline RUMOR thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official MLB Trade Deadline RUMOR thread

If Alou is out of commission for awhile, I could see the Mets getting in on Dunn. I'd happily offer the Reds Lastings Milledge for Dunn. If Alou comes back, they just platoon him with Shawn Green in RF and give him some at bats in LF against tough lefties.

I posted this in the Dodgers thread, but want to put it here too, hopefully get some more input...

I keep hearing these Teixeira to the Dodgers rumors, but I just don't get it...Why would we trade for a 1st baseman when Loney has been our best hitter over the last month? Does Tex play another position? I don't think so...

I fully expect Ned to make a move here before the deadline, but the only positions we could really use some help would be: 3b, another starting pitcher, and maybe 2b and on the edge would be a power hitting OF...

I'm expecting us to get a pitcher, and the name I would really like to see would be Roy Oswalt...

I posted this in the Dodgers thread, but want to put it here too, hopefully get some more input...

I keep hearing these Teixeira to the Dodgers rumors, but I just don't get it...Why would we trade for a 1st baseman when Loney has been our best hitter over the last month? Does Tex play another position? I don't think so...

I fully expect Ned to make a move here before the deadline, but the only positions we could really use some help would be: 3b, another starting pitcher, and maybe 2b and on the edge would be a power hitting OF...

I'm expecting us to get a pitcher, and the name I would really like to see would be Roy Oswalt...
I know Loney was taking some fly balls in the OF at various points to try and find a spot for him in the everyday. But if the OF was that bad I think you would have found a spot for Kemp so my guess is that in any deal where LAD gets Teixeira, Loney + is going back the other way and im not sure Id want that if I was a LAD fan.

I know Loney was taking some fly balls in the OF at various points to try and find a spot for him in the everyday. But if the OF was that bad I think you would have found a spot for Kemp so my guess is that in any deal where LAD gets Teixeira, Loney + is going back the other way and im not sure Id want that if I was a LAD fan.
Nomar is playing 3b ( something you called a month ago) so Loney is an everyday starter at 1b right now. The outfield is Gonzo, Pierre and Kemp and Either are splitting time in right...Eithier is hitting .295 7 HR 37 RBI and Gonzo .289 10 HR and 41 RBI...Pierre is hitting .284 with 36 SB (2nd in the majors behind your boy)..The outfield is pretty solid, and so is first base IMO...

If we traded Loney for Teixeira I would be irate, and I don't think Colleti is dumb enough to do that...

Just look at the stats, its really a no brainer...

Name Team G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB K SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS

Mark Teixeira TEX 63 230 41 69 20 1 12 42 38 57 0 0 .300 .402 .552 .954

James Loney LAD 26 88 11 34 6 2 3 16 9 12 0 1 .386 .443 .602 1.046

Nomar is playing 3b ( something you called a month ago) so Loney is an everyday starter at 1b right now. The outfield is Gonzo, Pierre and Kemp and Either are splitting time in right...Eithier is hitting .295 7 HR 37 RBI and Gonzo .289 10 HR and 41 RBI...Pierre is hitting .284 with 36 SB (2nd in the majors behind your boy)..The outfield is pretty solid, and so is first base IMO...

If we traded Loney for Teixeira I would be irate, and I don't think Colleti is dumb enough to do that...

Just look at the stats, its really a no brainer...

Name Team G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB K SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS

Mark Teixeira TEX 63 230 41 69 20 1 12 42 38 57 0 0 .300 .402 .552 .954

James Loney LAD 26 88 11 34 6 2 3 16 9 12 0 1 .386 .443 .602 1.046
Oh I totally agree with you here. This would be equivalent to the mets trading Lastings Milledge for Adam Dunn. Dumb and dumber. Its like ya, the vets are nice because they maybe more of the "you know what youre getting variety" but for the last month Loney has sparked LA and Milledge has sparked nym for the last few days. And even though theyre both big markets theres simply no need to take on more salary.

In the Dodgers case they can simply wait til Kemp or Eithier defines themself as an everyday player do a post waiver move (like nym did last year for green when Milledge didnt rise up, dye might come to mind) or simply grin and bear it with the young guys.

If I was Coletti, I think I'd hang tight unless something really made sense. If a CF came available I think I'd look cause as an outsider, Ive never liked pierre's game, low obp, not a great BA, and not a great defensive CF. If say, Griffey came available, i think that might be more in the direction they should look because Loney is their future at 1B. Again though thats only my opinion. :beer1:

Buehrle is not being moved. Contreras and Dye should be goners. I think the Mets make sense for Contreras who will be reunited with El Duque. Dye to the Pads. Maybe Vazquez is moved by the extended him 3 years before the season so I don't think that'll happen.

Last year Bowden didn't trade Soriano at the deadline and got nothing in return. Everybody knew he was leaving but Bowden thought he could re-sign him. I think the trade deadline is an opportunity for smaller market teams in the hunt to land a guy who is to become a free agent and help them make a run.

I read that the Rangers are trying to move Sosa. I still don't think teams want anything to do with him.

Buehrle is not being moved. Contreras and Dye should be goners. I think the Mets make sense for Contreras who will be reunited with El Duque. Dye to the Pads. Maybe Vazquez is moved by the extended him 3 years before the season so I don't think that'll happen.

Last year Bowden didn't trade Soriano at the deadline and got nothing in return. Everybody knew he was leaving but Bowden thought he could re-sign him. I think the trade deadline is an opportunity for smaller market teams in the hunt to land a guy who is to become a free agent and help them make a run.

I read that the Rangers are trying to move Sosa. I still don't think teams want anything to do with him.
The mets only make sense for Contraras in the sense that he is a fly ball pitcher in a park that plays pretty equal in terms of the home run ball. Other then that he makes no sense for the mets who need an ace type innings guy like a Beurhle or a Zambrano neither of which is expected to be available...which is why above everything else I expect the mets to roll with some pen help and maybe a bench bat or a salary dump OF like Dye.

Back
Top Bottom