The Official Ohio st. vs. Texas thread | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Ohio st. vs. Texas thread

byroan said:
It was a TD catch. They also should have had a TD at the end when they ran the ball at the 1.

I'm surprised Vince didn't just grab it and dive over the Center.

ChambersWI said:
Buckeye fans will be quick to blame Zwick for the loss, but it wasn't his fault. Both Zwick and Smith lead OSU down the field numorous times, and all they could get were field goals.

I can agree to a certain extent, and though there were some dropped passes, there were even more bad passes and Smith sometimes looked like he was trying to show Young up by trying to run the ball; that may have cost them the game.

In all actually, OSU should have one this game by 14 pts. or more. Their inability to put the ball in the endzone was inexcusible for a top 5 team, no matter who's fault it was.

byroan said:
The ball easily crossed the plane. He was in the air heading out of bounds when it did.

Then how did the ball end up on the opposite side of the pylon? The ball was out of bounds.

ChambersWI said:
Buckeye fans will be quick to blame Zwick for the loss, but it wasn't his fault. Both Zwick and Smith lead OSU down the field numorous times, and all they could get were field goals. I'm not the biggest Vince Young fan in the world, but if you keep his team in the game, he'll make you pay.

One more thing that bugs me, I'm sick of hearing how OSU has the 3 best LBs in the country. IMO Schegal's not that great, but I love both Hawk and Carpenter who are arguably the best OLB pair in the country (The only guys you can say challenges them are Greenway and Hodge at Iowa.)

After seeing Carpenter and Hawk tonight, I rate them ahead of Hodge and Greenway by half a point. Hawk is a monster, his physicality reminds me of Takeo Spikes, Zach Thomas, Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher. He's also a leader. I think this guy will be a monster this season. If we didn't need a QB, DT, Offensive line and pretty much everything else, I'd love to have this guy wearing aqua and orange!

HysterikiLL said:
After seeing Carpenter and Hawk tonight, I rate them ahead of Hodge and Greenway by half a point. Hawk is a monster, his physicality reminds me of Takeo Spikes, Zach Thomas, Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher. He's also a leader. I think this guy will be a monster this season. If we didn't need a QB, DT, Offensive line and pretty much everything else, I'd love to have this guy wearing aqua and orange!

Complete agree. Hawk and Greenway are locks for 1st rd. picks. Carpenter and Hodge should go late 1st, early 2nd.

MikeO said:
I don't care who wins, but Mack Brown NEVER ever NEVER ever ever NEVER wins these big games. Especially in the regular season.

Never huh. can you say 25-22.:rofl3:

AggieFin21 said:
Then how did the ball end up on the opposite side of the pylon? The ball was out of bounds.

I dunno, I just thought he scored.We'll just have to disagree on that one. Either way they still got points. :lol:

byroan said:
I dunno, I just thought he scored.We'll just have to disagree on that one. Either way they still got points. :lol:

"...Agree to disagree..." -Ron Burgendy

b_hjelmeland123 said:
Never huh. can you say 25-22.:rofl3:

This game was a higher scoring game than I tought it would be. I did get the spread right at work though. I predicted 17-14 Texas. Talk about getting lucky on that end of the game safety. :whew: :lol:

byroan said:

I have to agree with you Byroan. I thought that was a TD myself. It looked like he got the ball over the pylon just as he was pushed out.

BlitPhinFan said:
I have to agree with you Byroan. I thought that was a TD myself. It looked like he got the ball over the pylon just as he was pushed out.

You silly Texas homers. Blit, I'd argue with you more but I can't stop myself from staring at your avatar. Who is she?! :D

Back
Top Bottom