The Official Ohio st. vs. Texas thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Ohio st. vs. Texas thread

wow, both zwick and smith made great attempts at driving the ball to win the game :rofl:

Myself being an Aggie, I can give credit where credit is due...good win Texas. But Texas Fan, can you agree with me on this? Ohio State was more at fault for the loss than Texas was for the win.

UT baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We pulled this one out when it mattered. I haven't been sweating so much for a while.

I was disappointed with OSU. All this hype I've heard about Ted Ginn Jr. and he didn't do squat other than one decent return. Texas' defense looked good and their oline was solid, Young had all day in the pocket.

AggieFin21 said:
Myself being an Aggie, I can give credit where credit is due...good win Texas. But Texas Fan, can you agree with me on this? Ohio State was more at fault for the loss than Texas was for the win.
hard to say. UT's lines were dominant throughout, and due to the constant threat of option running, there were some WIDE open receivers for texas. OSU's secondary was pretty terrible, and i guess UT exploited it well enough to win

AggieFin21 said:

I cant say that......UT made the play, they deserved to win.....(unless your talking about that defensive pass interference).....that really hurt OSU

AggieFin21 said:

I agree somewhat. In the end, we had some luck on our side. We got some good plays going but they were wearing down. But we just did what we needed to do through the middle. We held them to only one touchdown and forced them to kick field goals. That showed it's worth in the waning minutes.

A.J. Hawk played one hell of a domineering game tonight but we stepped up when it mattered. Big players make big plays in big games. That's what the coaching staff had reitterated all through out the week and it paid off in the end.

Great game. Ohio State should still bump a place in the BCS rankings IMO. They deserve to.

HysterikiLL said:
I agree somewhat. In the end, we had some luck on our side. We got some good plays going but they were wearing down. But we just did what we needed to do through the middle. We held them to only one touchdown and forced them to kick field goals. That showed it's worth in the waning minutes.

A.J. Hawk played one hell of a domineering game tonight but we stepped up when it mattered. Big players make big plays in big games. That's what the coaching staff had reitterated all through out the week and it paid off in the end.

Great game. Ohio State should still bump a place in the BCS rankings IMO. They deserve to.

See that's the thing. Though Texas did "stop" them, there were more dropped balls and bad passes then there were QB pressures and 3rd down stops. And personally I can't say for sure than TD catch was in fact a catch. Personally I think it could have gone either way. I thought it looked like it hit the ground on the way down and then he brough it back to his body, but then again I'm not the offical.

In the end, both Zwick and Smith showed their inexperience when their team needed them the most. But like I said, I can give credit where credit is due. All arguements aside, Texas got the win. Congradulations.

that TD catch was obviously a catch, not sure what you're watching aggie. there was no angle that could show it hitting the ground even if it DID hit the ground

The very first angle they showed it from, showed the ball at the side of his body when he hit the ground. Then he brought it back up to his chest and wrapped it up.

The TD was pretty close. Like Aggie said, it could have gone either way but I think he did get it. Nonetheless, thank god that is over :lol: Those guys tested the hell out of us. I want a rematch in January.

It was a TD catch. They also should have had a TD at the end when they ran the ball at the 1.

byroan said:
It was a TD catch. They also should have had a TD at the end when they ran the ball at the 1.

Now that one I have to go against. It was very, very close but though that big ol' boy may have broke the plain but the ball did not.

Buckeye fans will be quick to blame Zwick for the loss, but it wasn't his fault. Both Zwick and Smith lead OSU down the field numorous times, and all they could get were field goals. I'm not the biggest Vince Young fan in the world, but if you keep his team in the game, he'll make you pay.

One more thing that bugs me, I'm sick of hearing how OSU has the 3 best LBs in the country. IMO Schegal's not that great, but I love both Hawk and Carpenter who are arguably the best OLB pair in the country (The only guys you can say challenges them are Greenway and Hodge at Iowa.)

AggieFin21 said:
Now that one I have to go against. It was very, very close but though that big ol' boy may have broke the plain but the ball did not.

The ball easily crossed the plane. He was in the air heading out of bounds when it did.

Back
Top Bottom