The Official San Antonio Spurs Offseason and 2007-2008 Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official San Antonio Spurs Offseason and 2007-2008 Thread

Wolves,Spurs preview.....

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/gamecenter/preview/NBA_20071130_SA@MIN

He may have led the San Antonio Spurs to the NBA title last June, but Tony Parker appears to be getting even better.

The All-Star point guard looks to continue his outstanding play Friday night when the Spurs visit the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Parker, the 2007 NBA Finals MVP, leads the Spurs (13-3) with 20.5 points per game and 6.9 assists after topping the team last season with averages of 18.6 and 5.5, respectively. His terrific start has helped San Antonio to the top of the Western Conference.

"I have always been the smallest guy out there," the 6-foot-2 Parker said. "I had to watch guys like (Michael) Jordan and how they got shots up and just tried to do that. Sometimes when you dream it up it just happens. I have to just do it instinctively."

Parker shot 12-for-18 from the field Wednesday, scoring 20 of his 29 points in the second half while adding a season-high 11 assists in a 109-94 victory over Washington.

"He's getting better and better at reading the situation and seeing what's given," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "He did a great job scoring, but he also found people. He hit open people for great shots and that's what a point guard does."

Parker has been at his best lately, averaging 24.5 points and 8.5 assists in the last six games while San Antonio has gone 5-1.

"Tony in these last few games has been amazing," said Spurs shooting guard Manu Ginobili, who is second on the team with 19.2 points per game. "The way he has been breaking down defenses and finding their weaknesses. After last year, and what he showed he can do we got used to it and now he is showing us that we can expect that out of him."

Parker, though, has struggled shooting the ball in the Spurs' three losses this season - all on the road. He has made only 39 percent of his shots from the field for 13.3 points per game with 6.7 assists in those contests, including a 12-point, seven-assist performance in a 112-99 defeat at Sacramento on Monday.

The Spurs, who are 4-3 on the road, have won six of the last seven meetings with the Timberwolves (2-11), including two of three last season. The lone loss came at the Target Center, 103-101 in overtime on Jan. 3.

The Timberwolves have only won once in their last 15 home games dating back to last season. They have been outscored by an average of 11.3 points in that span.

Minnesota is coming off a 109-103 loss at Dallas on Wednesday, during which it trailed by as many as 20 points in the second half and coach Randy Wittman saw the near-comeback as a moral victory.

"That's what these guys do. I'm proud of them - they respond and they fight," Wittman said. "I thought in the half court our defense was really good."

First Western Conference team to 50 wins!:woot:

Thats 11 straight seasons winning 50+...9 consecutive.Not too shabby....Now you know why Spurs fans are spoiled.Go Spurs Go!!:up:

First Western Conference team to 50 wins!:woot:

Thats 11 straight seasons winning 50+...9 consecutive.Not too shabby....Now you know why Spurs fans are spoiled.Go Spurs Go!!:up:

Spoiled but personally content if we never won a title again. They've done so much for me in the sports world that I will love them for life man.

Go Spurs Go!!!

Wasnt expecting the blowout tonight...Guess the Spurs are using GS and Houston as a warning to the rest of the league.

Held the Warriors under 100...The D looks sharper too.Another nice convincing W....

:woot:
#14 on the right is sporting toe!!!
:hi5:

clear.gif

Boy this thread is extremely popular...I guess the Spurs should win another championship-then it would be outta this world!

Time to crush the Sons again!...Looks like the real Spurs finally showed up tonight..

Playoff time again...

Go Spurs Go!!

A lil late with this...But I didnt like the hit on Oberto by Okur.Didnt look good and he didnt appear to be going for the ball/Looked like frustration to me.

Let Bowen do that and he incurs a hefty fine and 1 game suspension...Just think it would be legitimate if something happens to Okur..After all, it was a hit above the shoulders.

Link

Wassssuppp Dre!!!!!?????

Just a little over a week until the draft. I can't wait. :woot:

The NBA playoffs should be good. Marshmellow Anthony has to watch out for those Denver cops. :beer1::unsure: MGD??

My Sixers are in the playoffs, and I think they have Detroit on the playoff schedule. I think the Nuggets have the Lakers, but they can beat them!!! Maybe? :lol: The Spurs are looking pretty good too. :up:

Wassssuppp Dre!!!!!?????

Just a little over a week until the draft. I can't wait. :woot:

The NBA playoffs should be good. Marshmellow Anthony has to watch out for those Denver cops. :beer1::unsure: MGD??

My Sixers are in the playoffs, and I think they have Detroit on the playoff schedule. I think the Nuggets have the Lakers, but they can beat them!!! Maybe? :lol: The Spurs are looking pretty good too. :up:

Sup Roman...:hi5:..Yeah a bunch of us will be down at Kellys for the draft next Saturday.....The game in Denver Nov.2nd..So hopefully you can get tix.W'ere planning on about 25 of us getting a package,so lemme know if you want in.

Mellow just doesnt think very well in high altitude Im going to assume.I guess the baby mamma drama probably got to him,but they should give the Lakers a helluva run.Neither play spectacular defense,but the Lakers have a slight edge in that department.Should be a good series.

Yep your 6ers have the Pistons...Hmm,If Philly comes to play, they could cause some trouble for the Pistons..Think they can beat them in a series?Friend of mine (Pistons fan),thinks they only have to worry about Boston...Might get caught sleeping again...w'ell see.:lol:

Suns -vs- Spurs: Here we go again

Link

The Suns won their 30th home game of the season last night, becoming one of two NBA teams to win at least 30 in each of the last four years. Who is the other team? The Spurs.

It was an interesting win for the Suns. Former Spur, Sean Marks matched a career high with 16 points and set a career-best with 13 rebounds as the Suns handled the Blazers 100-91.

Steve Nash, Amare Staoudemire and Shaquille O'Neal didn't even play after intermission and Suns coach Mike D'Antoni emptied his bench with little to play for in the second half. The Spurs already had beaten Utah, leaving Phoenix as the sixth seed in the Western Conference playoffs.

"So here we go again," writes Jerry Brown of the East Valley Tribune in Arizona.

For the third time in the last four years, the Suns and Spurs will meet. Game 1 will tip off at noon Saturday in San Antonio’s AT&T Center, where the Suns won both meetings this season, including a 96-79 romp just eight days ago.

In 2004-05, it was in the Western Conference finals. Last year, it was the semifinals.

And this year, it will be the first round — with the Spurs owning the home-court edge for a change, but perhaps the Suns owning the nod on confidence after taking three of four meetings this season.

Back
Top Bottom