The Official Toronto Blue Jays thread | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Toronto Blue Jays thread

cant believe gibbons just took out halladay in the 7th after 95 pitches and a 3-1 lead - the guy just pitched a 10 inning, 107 pitch gem last outing - shawn marcum gives up a 2 run homer 3-3 - so long win #3

cant believe gibbons just took out halladay in the 7th after 95 pitches and a 3-1 lead - the guy just pitched 10 inning, 107 pitch gem last outing - shawn marcum gives up a 2 run homer 3-3 - so long win #3

Brutal, you guys are gonna miss Spier now that Ryan is out. About to see some Papelbon in the 9th most likely.

Brutal, you guys are gonna miss Spier now that Ryan is out. About to see some Papelbon in the 9th most likely.

and here he is - zaun starts off the bottom of the 9th with a walk - pull this game or not - horrible move yanking halladay in the 7th

and here he is - zaun starts off the bottom of the 9th with a walk - pull this game or not - horrible move yanking halladay in the 7th

Great AB by Rois at the end there. Not sure Gibbons move was that bad, you don't want to wear out Halladay early, even though he is a horse.

Great AB by Rois at the end there. Not sure Gibbons move was that bad, you don't want to wear out Halladay early, even though he is a horse.

disagree - our best set-up man is on the dl - our closer, one of the best in the leagues, just got put on the dl - the rest of the bullpen is shaky and you have our ace, a cy young winner, and again one of the best in the leagues, under 100 pitches nursing a 3-1 lead at the top of the 7th - a no brainer for me - we have to win these games especially against teams like boston and new york - no point in potentially saving this guys arm if we aren't any where near contention come august/september

add starting catcher greg zaun to the dl with an injured right hand - also, closer b.j. ryan goes from 15 day dl to 60 day dl

Unbelievable! - The Toronto Blue Jays placed starter Gustavo Chacin on the 15-day disabled list Monday night after the left-hander felt soreness in his shoulder during his bullpen side session. The Jays have come through the first month of the season with a winning record despite already putting eight players on the disabled list, the same number they did all of last season.

Roy Halladay (4-0) tossed his second complete game of the season and 26th of his career. Halladay dominated the Rangers, allowing one run on five hits over nine innings striking out eight and walking none. Halladay threw 110 pitches. Roy should be 5-0, see post 126

Toronto Blue Jays Threat

Any other long suffering Jays fans here? Will it FINALLY be our year to take over the Wanks and Sux in the AL East or another year of dissopointment.....ill be going for the latter :boohoo:

on a cool note...i know JP Riccardi...his uncle plays at the golf course where i used to work and i got to meet JP a couple times, great guy...and i dont hate the jays like the sox and yanks...so ill be pullin for them in the AL east

yeah if the results of the team so far in spring training are any indication, its going to be another long year of disappointment for the jays. chacin got blasted yesterda in the first inning of his comeback attempt, the offense is struggling.. which really isnt much of a surprise. I hate to say it, but i dont see any chance of this team competing with the sox and yanks for the AL East. I think gibbons needs to go. They'll have a respectable season this year... IF they can stay health. Eckstein and rolen were nice additions IMO... only time will tell i guess...

oh how i miss the days of 92 & 93...

Back
Top Bottom