The Official Toronto Blue Jays thread | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Toronto Blue Jays thread

If Burnett and Halladay stay healthy then this team will be close come July and they got the money now to go out and make a move for a pitcher.

The Jays lineup kills lefty pitching. They got the back-end closer. It all comes down to Burnett and Halladay

Ya which is why I want some extra depth so bad because both of them have been a little injury prone! They have both gone through ruff spots in there career so if one of them go down its not looking good!

they also have victor zambrano 2-3 months ahead of schedule who made a push for the 5th spot in the rotation - and brandon league who would have been the set-up man for bj ryan but is currently getting his 95-98 m.p.h. velocity back up in the minors - i'm sure towers big salary on the books this year had a little say in winning that 5th spot

they also have victor zambrano 2-3 months ahead of schedule who made a push for the 5th spot in the rotation - and brandon league who would have been the set-up man for bj ryan but is currently getting his 95-98 m.p.h. velocity back up in the minors - i'm sure towers big salary on the books this year had a little say in winning that 5th spot

Zambrano stinks. He walks everyone. His games last forever. I wouldn't dependon him too much

Nice win for the Jays yesterday in D-town. glad I got the chance to head across the river to detroit for the game. Great opening day party over there! They sure know how to have a good party downtown near comerica park and ford field. I thought the partying before the thanksgiving day game was fun downtown, but opening day yesterday was even better. probably because the weather was nicer, but it was a good time for sure!

I was a bit disappointed that the jays got off to a great start, hitting up bonderman for 3 runs in the first... but then the bats just died. sure monroe robbed reed johnson and aaron hill(i think) of homeruns.. but other than that had the tigers not gone to fernando rodney out of the pen... I could see the jays loosing that one. Although I was a bit surprised how our bullpen handled the tigers in the late innings. anyways, it was a good time. if you live in the area and get a chance to go to comerica park to check out a game, tigers fan or not.. its worth it. its a nice place to see a ball game.

Nice win for the Jays yesterday in D-town. glad I got the chance to head across the river to detroit for the game. Great opening day party over there! They sure know how to have a good party downtown near comerica park and ford field. I thought the partying before the thanksgiving day game was fun downtown, but opening day yesterday was even better. probably because the weather was nicer, but it was a good time for sure!

I was a bit disappointed that the jays got off to a great start, hitting up bonderman for 3 runs in the first... but then the bats just died. sure monroe robbed reed johnson and aaron hill(i think) of homeruns.. but other than that had the tigers not gone to fernando rodney out of the pen... I could see the jays loosing that one. Although I was a bit surprised how our bullpen handled the tigers in the late innings. anyways, it was a good time. if you live in the area and get a chance to go to comerica park to check out a game, tigers fan or not.. its worth it. its a nice place to see a ball game.

jays play 3 in tampa this fri-sun - just a 2 hour drive north for me - pencil me in for at least 2 - sunday will be tough due to being at my mothers that day for easter - why couldn't sunday be fathers day?! my dad loves baseball

talk about bad luck...

1st: Set up man, Brandon League, starts off the season in the minors and is out until May or June, rehabbing a sore shoulder

2nd: Closer B.J. Ryan out 4-6 weeks with an elbow sprain

3rd: Starting left fielder, Reed Johnson, out until July with a herniated disc in his back

4th: Starting 3rd baseman, Troy Glaus, put on DL for a sore left heel

1st: Set up man, Brandon League, starts off the season in the minors and is out until May or June, rehabbing a sore shoulder

2nd: Closer B.J. Ryan out 4-6 weeks with an elbow sprain

3rd: Starting left fielder, Reed Johnson, out until July with a herniated disc in his back

4th: Starting 3rd baseman, Troy Glaus, put on DL for a sore left heel

Bright side: It's all happening now rather than in August.

Torono has the worst baseball stadium evAr.

...and the best record in the a.l. east - great win by the jays - talk about character - 4 key players on the d.l. - 10 k's by dicek and only 3 hits by our entire team and the jays still win 2-1

...and the best record in the a.l. east - great win by the jays - talk about character - 4 key players on the d.l. - 10 k's by dicek and only 3 hits by our entire team and the jays still win 2-1

LOL. Something to be real proud of in April. I don't care how many injuries Toronto has. It's only April.

Oh and it's not called character, it's called fluke, just an FYI for you. Toronto got more lucky bounces and lucky calls go their way in one game than other teams get in an entire season. Oh well.

LOL. Something to be real proud of in April. I don't care how many injuries Toronto has. It's only April.

Oh and it's not called character, it's called fluke, just an FYI for you. Toronto got more lucky bounces and lucky calls go their way in one game than other teams get in an entire season. Oh well.

call it anything you want, i call it a win... slick

Ya its April and were having a great start with injuries and rather then just admitting it you have to sit there and hate on the team! This team is not no fluke either we finished second in the hardest division on baseball arguably!

Ya its April and were having a great start with injuries and rather then just admitting it you have to sit there and hate on the team! This team is not no fluke either we finished second in the hardest division on baseball arguably!

he needs to change his username to blah, blah, blah - talk about justifying a loss - how putting 3 key players on the dl in the same week and then going out and beating one of the biggest attractions in baseball right now isn't character, is laughable at best

call it anything you want, i call it a win... slick

A win is a win is a win is a win.. One thing that you are right about.

Cheering about having the best record in the AL East today, which will probably change about 10 times from now until May, is foolish.

Nah, I don't want to come across hating on the "team". They have been successful thus far at overcomming adversity in injuries, I will give them props for that without a problem. And I'm not saying the team is a fluke either. They are, with no question, a playoff team when healthy. All I am saying is that yesterday's win was a flukey win.

Back
Top Bottom