The Official Toronto Blue Jays thread | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Toronto Blue Jays thread

PHINATIC13 said:
Hey d-day........I'll trade you Adam(who I really like) for Jay:evil:(EDIT:Shea:happydrin:lol:).........what the hell happen between Hillenbrand and Gibbons?

didn't they already talk about that trade earlier this year...? does he play short? we need one real bad

jays literally 2 innings away from sweeping the yanks - here's hoping the hillenbrand trade for j accardo, helps bridge the gap from starter to b.j. ryan...

sidenote: rios back to taking swings and starts rehab assignment in syracuse today - plan is to bring him back up this thursday against oakland - rios was hitting .330 with 15 homers and 53 RBIs, before being sidelined june 27th

also, first baseman lyle overbay has had 17 multi-hit games over the past 26 games, including eight of the past nine contests

culpepper2chambers said:
already got one, tommarow should be a very good game. holladay vs meche the best 2 pitchers for each team this year

vernon wells was a last minute scratch tonight and rios isn't back until the oakland series thursday - casey jannsen wasn't exactly scaring anybody on the mound tonight either - utility man and lifetime .239 hitter, john mcdonald, still manning ss for a disappointing russ adams - jays still hurting - burnett is still working back into form and gustavo chacin doesn't come back until august - 2 rookie fill-ins still in the starting rotation... my only hope is the jays don't fall too far behind before they can put this all back together...

on a lighter note - looking forward to tomorrows game - always a pleasure watching a superstar pitch, especially one on your team... :wink:

btw- toronto plays 20 of the next 26 on the road :whew:

d-day said:
vernon wells was a last minute scratch tonight and rios isn't back until the oakland series thursday - casey jannsen wasn't exactly scaring anybody on the mound tonight either - utility man and lifetime .239 hitter, john mcdonald, still manning ss for a disappointing russ adams - jays still hurting - burnett is still working back into form and gustavo chacin doesn't come back until august - 2 rookie fill-ins still in the starting rotation... my only hope is the jays don't fall too far behind before they can put this all back together...

on a lighter note - looking forward to tomorrows game - always a pleasure watching a superstar pitch, especially one on your team... :wink:

btw- toronto plays 20 of the next 26 on the road :whew:
:eek: damn thats insane

:woot:Way to go Blue Jays,first time since April that my Halos have been in first place alone.Love to see Toronto take the next 2 as well from Oakland.

Halladay 1st to 15

Halladay became the first 15-game winner in the major leagues, leading the Toronto Blue Jays over Tampa Bay 4-3 Tuesday night and sending the Devil Rays to their seventh straight loss. "It gives you a psychological lift when he's out there," Toronto manager John Gibbons said. "You feel good going into the game."

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Baseball/MLB/Toronto/2006/08/15/1757695-ap.html

Also, Blue Jays LHP Gustavo Chacin, on the DL since June 10 with a sore left elbow, is set to rejoin the rotation Saturday.

(:pray:=PHINATIC13) How about a little help you guys.Goodluck in the 3 game series against Oakland.Here's hoping Lily(10-11 w/ 4.26 era) has a great outting to start the series against Haren(11-9 w/ 3.45 era).GO BLUE JAYS!!!:wink:

Halladay = a lock for the Cy Young.

He's a beast, he definately deserves it. Halladay to 20 wins is what the Jays need to shoot for this year as there playoff dreams get slimmer and slimmer.

KTownsDolphins said:
Halladay = a lock for the Cy Young.

He's a beast, he definately deserves it. Halladay to 20 wins is what the Jays need to shoot for this year as there playoff dreams get slimmer and slimmer.

I think Johan Santana will have something to say about that...

PHINATIC13 said:
(:pray:=PHINATIC13) How about a little help you guys.Goodluck in the 3 game series against Oakland.Here's hoping Lily(10-11 w/ 4.26 era) has a great outting to start the series against Haren(11-9 w/ 3.45 era).GO BLUE JAYS!!!:wink:

What a pitching duel that game was...............:rolleyes2

KTownsDolphins said:
Only 6.5 back of a wild card theres still a glimar of hope.

Common boyz lets run off 8 or so in a row.

Nice game against Oakland.Do it again tomorrow will ya.:D

Back
Top Bottom