The Official UFC 71 PPV thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official UFC 71 PPV thread

Silva has sucked and has looked horrible of late. Why does everyone want to see him fight so much??

True, he has had his share of struggles lately. I just want to see him fight Chuck for some reason.

There's no doubt that Silva's best days are behind him.

Some have argued that about Lidell, but I am not so sure that's the case.

No it was not a lucky punch that ended the fight, but no one can deny how incredibly dumb it was for Lidell to throw a body shot from 5 feet away exposing himself to get clocked.

Either, I think Rampage is too big for him and will make Chuck gunshy again if they have a rematch.

Great win for Rampage, but I think Lidell has a lot of fighting left in him.

There's no doubt that Silva's best days are behind him.

Some have argued that about Lidell, but I am not so sure that's the case.

No it was not a lucky punch that ended the fight, but no one can deny how incredibly dumb it was for Lidell to throw a body shot from 5 feet away exposing himself to get clocked.

Either, I think Rampage is too big for him and will make Chuck gunshy again if they have a rematch.

Great win for Rampage, but I think Lidell has a lot of fighting left in him.

I think he has some fight left in him for sure. He's got to much pride to just hang it up now. But I do think his "best" days are behind him.

to change the subject for a minute. Did everyone read what Dana White said about GSP the day before the PPV. That GSP doesn't have the mental toughness to make it as a top star in the UFC.

Dana burried GSP basically. Threw him under the bus big-time. I wonder what GSP's status with UFC is. And I wonder how long GSP has to wait to get another title shot. It might be a while

I didnt catch that but damn.

I guess he was really disappointed that he lost to Matt Sera. Why? Who knows? Thst division is stacked so it's not like he needs a savior for that division.

We could literally see the belt change hands for the next three fights depending on who fights whom and I'm ok with that.

to change the subject for a minute. Did everyone read what Dana White said about GSP the day before the PPV. That GSP doesn't have the mental toughness to make it as a top star in the UFC.

Dana burried GSP basically. Threw him under the bus big-time. I wonder what GSP's status with UFC is. And I wonder how long GSP has to wait to get another title shot. It might be a while

Ouch, thats a bummer. I really like GSP.

My guess is that Dana expected huge things from GSP. Aside from the French Canadian accent, GSP has a very marketable style and look. I think Dana was looking for him to be his next Lidell. A star who trancends the sport and draws more fans as the UFC pushes more into the mainstream media. I was shocked in the manner he lost to Sera and maybe GSP didnt take that fight as seriously as he should have. He probably lacked the proper training and that alludes to what Dana is talking about, methinks.

I was very surprised that GSP took that fight as lightly as he did. After the whole season of training Serra, you would think GSP might have seen something in him that led him to believe Serra was going to do whatever it took to beat him.

I was as shocked as anyone when GSP destroyed Hughes, but to come off a fight that good and look so bad as he did against Serra, I have a feeling we won't see GSP again for a while in the title mix. But overall, I think he is in the top 3 of that division talentwise, plus he is still very young.

I was very surprised that GSP took that fight as lightly as he did. After the whole season of training Serra, you would think GSP might have seen something in him that led him to believe Serra was going to do whatever it took to beat him.

I was as shocked as anyone when GSP destroyed Hughes, but to come off a fight that good and look so bad as he did against Serra, I have a feeling we won't see GSP again for a while in the title mix. But overall, I think he is in the top 3 of that division talentwise, plus he is still very young.

I agree, I wasn't surprised at all that he beat Hughes but I was very surprised he lost to Serra. He clearly took the fight too lightly. I was really looking forward to that fight too because Serra annoyed the crap outta me during TUF.

We all know Matt Hughes is Dana's golden boy, I cant help but think the comments about GSP might have a little to do with Matt chirping in Whites ear, or White just a little upset that GSP owned Hughes like he did....I just haven't really seen anything that would imply GSP has a weak mind, or that he doesn't train hard...

Back
Top Bottom