The Official WWE/TNA Pro Wrestling Thread | Page 40 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official WWE/TNA Pro Wrestling Thread

i know Enforcer already answered your question... but it made me wonder why no one has stolen Goldberg's finisher (the jackhammer, i think he called it).

that move always looked convincing to me, even when Dean Malenko used to do it before teaching it to Goldberg.

A couple of people have used it, but I can tell you exactly why. The same reason the Rock Bottom and the Stunner aren't really used as finisher anymore. The wrestlers who used them are still culturely relevant to the world of wrestling and paching their moves would pretty much be taboo.

If someone used the stunner tomorrow, everyone would call it as such. Same with the Rock Bottom and Jackhammer. It would remind people of the older, more popular wrestlers as opposed to establishing themselves with a signature move. And the fans would be all over them for it.

Eventually though, those finishers will go the way of the DDT, powerbomb, and sleeper. Meaning they will become transition moves that everyone is entitled to use.

Flair is not painful to watch. If they let the guy call his own matches, and be the great ring general he once was, and if they gave him more than a 4 minute match so he could really paint one of those beautiful wrestling pictures he used to in a 15-60 (which will never happen now) match i think Flair could still be regarded as one of the better in ring performers in the business. Not to mention he's facing Vince, hardly a polished in ring competitor.

I really have a good feeling this Flair-Michaels match is going to steal the show. It will be a lengthy match featuring two of the best ever.

Flair is not painful to watch. If they let the guy call his own matches, and be the great ring general he once was, and if they gave him more than a 4 minute match so he could really paint one of those beautiful wrestling pictures he used to in a 15-60 (which will never happen now) match i think Flair could still be regarded as one of the better in ring performers in the business. Not to mention he's facing Vince, hardly a polished in ring competitor.

I really have a good feeling this Flair-Michaels match is going to steal the show. It will be a lengthy match featuring two of the best ever.

I absolutley LOVED the mania match between him and Taker......I can watch that over and over.

A couple of people have used it, but I can tell you exactly why. The same reason the Rock Bottom and the Stunner aren't really used as finisher anymore. The wrestlers who used them are still culturely relevant to the world of wrestling and paching their moves would pretty much be taboo.

If someone used the stunner tomorrow, everyone would call it as such. Same with the Rock Bottom and Jackhammer. It would remind people of the older, more popular wrestlers as opposed to establishing themselves with a signature move. And the fans would be all over them for it.

Eventually though, those finishers will go the way of the DDT, powerbomb, and sleeper. Meaning they will become transition moves that everyone is entitled to use.

Sharkboy uses the stunner
Booker T uses the BookEnd
One more reason to hope TNA makes it. Kayfabe should be the only taboo never broken

Back in the old days, several wrestlers used the same finisher, and if they happened to be in the same area, they would have finisher vs. finisher feuds. I never understoof McMahons feeling that nobody could have the same finisher, or even a history before he got to the wwf/wwe.
I still remember how hyped Flair vs. Buddy Rogers, "Nature Boy" vs. "Nature Boy" Figure four vs figure four was in the Carolinas back in the day. It was the hot ticket for a whole summer.

If you HAVE to have a new 4 Horsemen ( which i am personally against), you have to use the same characters that made it interesting then, packaged today

J.J. Dillon - Ric Flair
Ric Flair - Triple HHH
Tully Blanchard - Randy Orton
Ole Anderson- Finlay
Arn Anderson - Burchill

You let them run wild, you band together guys to try and stop them (HHH = Dusty, Cena = Sting)but the Horsemen don't stop. You eventually kick guys out if they start to get stale and churn in some younger stars to elevate them......

The real problem is nobody cares about todays guys like they cared about the originals

I love Flair as much as the next fan but he's 59 years old and hasn't had a good match in years. Flair is no longer the worker he was in even the early 2000s so expecting a classic 4 or 5 star match with HBK isn't fair. I think it will be one of the better matches at WM but I don't think it will be great. I'm not even sure Flair can do 20 minutes when he was blown up after 2 with Vince on RAW.

Sharkboy uses the stunner
Booker T uses the BookEnd
One more reason to hope TNA makes it. Kayfabe should be the only taboo never broken

Back in the old days, several wrestlers used the same finisher, and if they happened to be in the same area, they would have finisher vs. finisher feuds. I never understoof McMahons feeling that nobody could have the same finisher, or even a history before he got to the wwf/wwe.
I still remember how hyped Flair vs. Buddy Rogers, "Nature Boy" vs. "Nature Boy" Figure four vs figure four was in the Carolinas back in the day. It was the hot ticket for a whole summer.

Sharkboy does use the stunner, but his whole gimmick right now is one of emulating Austin, so it makes sense. He is essentially, a parody of Stone Cold. And Booker T started using the "book end" after feuding with the Rock, so again, in essence, it came about from an angle and rub from Rock.

Besides, Booker's finisher is the double axe kick more than the Book End. He also uses the Harlem Hangover (the somersault top rope legdrop) and the missle dropkick as finishers in the past. One of the very reasons I like Booker is that he has multiple finisher's that are over with the crowd and are believable.

When is this?

Sharkboy does use the stunner, but his whole gimmick right now is one of emulating Austin, so it makes sense. He is essentially, a parody of Stone Cold. And Booker T started using the "book end" after feuding with the Rock, so again, in essence, it came about from an angle and rub from Rock.

Besides, Booker's finisher is the double axe kick more than the Book End. He also uses the Harlem Hangover (the somersault top rope legdrop) and the missle dropkick as finishers in the past. One of the very reasons I like Booker is that he has multiple finisher's that are over with the crowd and are believable.

Actually, Booker used the Bookend in WCW, and i havent seen a backlash against either. You werent wrong, i was just citing examples and bemoaning the fact that nothing stays as good as it used to be :err:

I also really liked the Carlito-Punk match. I would like to see more from those seven on the upcoming cards. Maybe have Benjamin vs. Morrison on ECW and Kennedy vs. MVP on Smackdown or whoever. All those guys can bring it in the ring and it would be nice to see them face each other in various matches leading up to WM.

Now, as for the Horsemen issue. I was digging into the pits in my brain to work up a promo for Flair and kickstart a new Horsemen angle. I alluded to it a week or so ago, but have since fleshed it out.

Flair loses to Michaels at WM, soaks up the adulation and walks off the stage as a wrestler for the last time. The very next night on Raw, Michaels is feeling good about himself and decides to challenge Randy Orton (assumes he retains) that night for the title. Orton declines but Regal steps in and forces him to.

So the main event happens, Michaels vs. Orton. A good 20 minute match or so. Orton gets nailed by the elbow drop and Michaels starts tuning up the band. Just when it looks like he is ready to kick Orton's head off and take the title, Lance Cade comes out of nowhere and ends up eating the superkick instead. Michaels, mildly perplexed turns, avoids and RKO and proceeds to kick Orton into next week. He goes for the pin, 1-2...the ref is pulled out by Flair!

As Michaels is now throughly confused, he is blindsided from behind by a reunited Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas who proceed to beat the holy hell out of Michaels along with Lance Cade and Randy Orton.

Nobody seems to know what is going on, Flair decks the ref and grabs the mic (the match is thrown out) and the championship belt and hands it back to Orton.

Flair: "Shawn Michaels! You're not the first, and you won't be the last! I didn't want to have to do it, but you left me no choice! While you, and everyone else counted me out, I still had an ace up my sleeve!

In fact, I guess you can say I had FOUR aces up my sleeve! (He flashes the now legendary horsemen symbol as people are starting to catch on) What you see here is the latest, and greatest version of a wrestling staple! WHOOOOOOO! The Four Horsemen ride again!"

Michaels starts to crawl at Flairs feet, bloodied, woozy and not knowing where he is. Flair lets him get to his knees before punching him down and the five of them proceed to kickpush him out of the ring where medical personell are waiting.

"And Michaels! When you get out of the hospital. IF you get out of the hospital, you may want to think long and hard before coming back. You might want to pick up the phone and call Sting. Call Luger, call Windham, Dusty, or hell call Hogan for all I care! Because at the end of the day, The Horsemen as seen them all, and beat them all. The one constant in this business is us!" (All are now wearing horsemen t-shirts and raising the four fingers in the air)

"So let this be a lesson for all. Everyone in the back, consider yourself officially on notice. The Four Horsemen are back, and we are coming for you! Whooooooooooo!"

Then cue the horsemen theme music (the old Arn Anderson tune) and end the show as is.

So you have Orton in the Flair mode, Cade as the secondary single/muscle and a tag team in Shelton/Haas that can scoop up tag team gold fairly easily. All of this with Flair still in charge of them and a built in feud with Michaels and to a lesser extent, people like Murdoch and others. You can also have the group terrorize any and all brands pledging no alliance to anything other than themselves.

What do you guys think?

That gave me goosebumps lol.....

Love the Horseman idea especially since Cade, SB and Haas can actually wrestle but it has no chance of happening since the writers are clueless. But seriously its a good idea and could draw some good money if it was booked right.

Hey Samphin, why dont you send that to the WWE committee or whoever works with that and see what they'r response is.

They wont take it Alen...even if its the best idea in the world, they prob. wont even look at the email, legal issues and all that crap.

Back
Top Bottom