The Official WWE/TNA Pro Wrestling Thread | Page 41 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official WWE/TNA Pro Wrestling Thread

Hey Samphin, why dont you send that to the WWE committee or whoever works with that and see what they'r response is.

The WWE doesn't hire actual wrestling fans to be part of their writing team even if you have a solid background in writing etc. They hire former soap opera/sit-com writers instead. And people wonder why the writing sucks, the people that they hire have no grasp of wrestling.

this thread has been full of some really good stuff lately. Sam, i am particularly enjoying your insider perspective.

btw, i am all for a Horsemen remake...

and i like including the Worlds Greatest Tag Team.

i could also see Finley in the role of the Enforcer... and i could also see Kennedy as this generation's Tully Blanchard.

They wont take it Alen...even if its the best idea in the world, they prob. wont even look at the email, legal issues and all that crap.

Good god you guys have so many laws and restrictions here in America lol. Thats dumb though, if it will help their ratings than why not? Some restrictions and laws are really dumb and just should not be presented.

The WWE doesn't hire actual wrestling fans to be part of their writing team even if you have a solid background in writing etc. They hire former soap opera/sit-com writers instead. And people wonder why the writing sucks, the people that they hire have no grasp of wrestling.

They should really reconsider their writers. No wonder their program has been going downhill for years now, I miss the old WWE:boohoo:. I miss Austin, Rock, Masked Kane, hell I even miss the Blue Meanie.

They should really reconsider their writers. No wonder their program has been going downhill for years now, I miss the old WWE:boohoo:. I miss Austin, Rock, Masked Kane, hell I even miss the Blue Meanie.

The WWE had some great writers back in the 1997 to 2002ish era. The writers actually had story boards of every single wrestler and documented everytime they fought or had a backstage interview with someone. Of course guys like Rock, Austin, Mankind, and even Triple H had a lot of freedom creative wise and McMahon trusted them and let them go out there and do their thing. Those 4 guys could do no wrong. Don't get me wrong there was still a ton of crap the writers were coming up with like the Mae Young hand thing, 'The Greater Power' etc but the good totally outweight the bad because The Rock and Austin turned the business around big time.

Of course the problem back then was when guys like Benoit, Angle, Jericho, Eddie came in Triple H, Austin, Undertaker, Kane, Mankind and even to a lesser extent The Rock couldn't keep up with those guys so it led to more storylines and less with in ring talent (that's why every single main event was no DQ and the first half of the match was a giant brawl on the outside of the ring and in the crowd and the 2nd half was at least 3 kick outs of finishers).

But I think the WWE should at least have a few wrestling fans as writers to go along with the sitcom and soap opera guys. But the bottom line is the WWE really doesn't care what the fans want (unless it's something extremely overwhelming like Stone Cold- which is extremely rare because RVD was getting huge pops but they never pushed him because he was sloppy and couldn't talk on the mike) and they'll do whatever they want because they know people will keep watching.

this thread has been full of some really good stuff lately. Sam, i am particularly enjoying your insider perspective.

btw, i am all for a Horsemen remake...

and i like including the Worlds Greatest Tag Team.

i could also see Finley in the role of the Enforcer... and i could also see Kennedy as this generation's Tully Blanchard.

Kennedy would fit better than Finlay. Simply because Finlay is only slightly younger than Flair really and it wouldn't make much sense to give him such a rub.

The idea I have always seen for Finlay is something the WWE and WCW have tip-toed around but never fully embraced. I would really like to see Finlay, Regal and Burchill form a pseudo faction, where tension runs deep throughout, but ultimately, the european connection keeps them together (loosely). All three are tough S.O.B.'s and it would be cool to see them up their levels of intesity trying to one-up each other while the others watch on, etc.

Plus, if one of the main eventers needs protection (ala A.P.A.), they can hire them for a night to be his hooligans. I could see Edge hiring them out to help soften up a future opponent. Handicap matches, gauntlet matches, hardcore matches where the opponent had to run through each of the European Hooligans could make for some great episodic TV in which the heels are believable bad guys who can help elevate an up and coming face. I don't know, just a small idea for those guys to help give them some air time and a direction for awhile. you could also do the freebirds gimmick with them where if they win the tag team title, you don't know which duo of the three you would face until the match.

As for Kennedy, he is young enough to be in a horsemen group, but his character is one who seemingly doesn't have many friends and would probably not fit properly within a group structure.

To me, Orton works best simply because, despite his Legend Killer gimmick, he is engrossed in history with his family being within the business. You could have him explain how he has outgrown the Legend Killer gimmick, ending careers of many. But their is one legend he doesn't want to end, in fact, it is one he dreamed of being in from the time he was a little boy. When his dad would come home and regail him with tails of the great Four Horsemen.

And now, a generation later, he not only has the chance to be in the group, but to lead it into the next great chapter. With Ric Flair by his side, mentoring him, bestowing his wisdom upon Orton, while still having the new Horsemen by his side, nothing is impossible and no one can stop him.

Something like that.

I think there needs to be a balance on creative teams. Hollywood writers are seemingly out of place on a wrestling writing team because the two genres are so different, even if McMahon swears up and down that they aren't.

However, having a table filled with nothing but wrestlers, ex and otherwise can cause narrowmindedness and favortism which I think happens moreso with wrestler bookers than with hollywood writers.

The key is to have a great governer of ideas who can sift through the bad parts and highlight what actually works with crowds mixed with hardcore wrestling fans and the fringe casual viewer. I think that is what the WWE is missing right now more than anything else.

My ideas that some of you like on here, might look horrible to other people who watch, and that is hard to gauge unless you have a track record of pleasing people. I will say though, I would LOVE to be put in charge of the roster for a day. There owuld be some sweeping changes in who has a job and where some people fit on said roster. :lol:

tonight, Legendary Promotor Eddie Graham will be announced as an inductee to the Hall of Fame. Graham made wrestling in Florida.

an interesting, an intriguing, rumor. Both WWE and TNA are once again trying to convince Bryan Danielson to join their respective organizations. The American Dragon is unquestionably the best wrestler Shawn Michaels ever trained, and is arguably the best wrestler in the world right now. TNA is also trying to get Mike Quackenbush (very good wrestler) but he wants to focus on helping CHIKARA grow.

As for WWE writers, it's confusing. I find a lot of things on Raw to be lackluster or stupid (Brian Gerwitz). Dusty Rhodes was the head booker of ECW, and as he proved in NWA,WCW, and TNA, he is not a very good long term booker. Michael Hayes is all right on Smackdown, but I just can't get into SD. Vince wants the storylines to be entertaining so he hires all these Hollywood writers. Thing is, the ideas they come up with might sound good in theory, but they come off really stupid in wrestling.

A recent example. Paul Burchill and Katie Lea were called up with the intent being they would play a step-sibling pair that would mirror the main characters from Cruel Intentions. Besides the fact that the movie is nearly a decade old, I garuntee you most of the current audience hasn't seen the movie and the two come off as doing a quasi incest angle.

And don't get me started on the Hornswoggle storyline, I HATE IT.

As much crap as Russo gets (and deserves) for the WCW debacle, he's done a very nice job in recent months with TNA.

tonight, Legendary Promotor Eddie Graham will be announced as an inductee to the Hall of Fame. Graham made wrestling in Florida.

an interesting, an intriguing, rumor. Both WWE and TNA are once again trying to convince Bryan Danielson to join their respective organizations. The American Dragon is unquestionably the best wrestler Shawn Michaels ever trained, and is arguably the best wrestler in the world right now. TNA is also trying to get Mike Quackenbush (very good wrestler) but he wants to focus on helping CHIKARA grow.

As for WWE writers, it's confusing. I find a lot of things on Raw to be lackluster or stupid (Brian Gerwitz). Dusty Rhodes was the head booker of ECW, and as he proved in NWA,WCW, and TNA, he is not a very good long term booker. Michael Hayes is all right on Smackdown, but I just can't get into SD. Vince wants the storylines to be entertaining so he hires all these Hollywood writers. Thing is, the ideas they come up with might sound good in theory, but they come off really stupid in wrestling.

A recent example. Paul Burchill and Katie Lea were called up with the intent being they would play a step-sibling pair that would mirror the main characters from Cruel Intentions. Besides the fact that the movie is nearly a decade old, I garuntee you most of the current audience hasn't seen the movie and the two come off as doing a quasi incest angle.

And don't get me started on the Hornswoggle storyline, I HATE IT.

As much crap as Russo gets (and deserves) for the WCW debacle, he's done a very nice job in recent months with TNA.

Bryan Danielson also had a hand in training yours truly out here in California. But only for a brief amount of time as I was on my way out of the business when he took over as head trainer at my old stomping grounds.

As for the writers on Vince's staff, I have no facts to base this on, but it seems to me that the writers pitch and write ideas that please Vince McMahon instead of the audience. Essentially, they are yes-men. The problem is, is that that method is so backwards that I am surprised that Vince seems to let it happen.

Vince, if nothing else, is a pretty shrewd business man. He has forgiven some of the most unforgiveable sins and hired people back who have no real reason to be given a job again for the simple fact that, deep down, he feels he can make a return on his investment. The fact that the people he pays to craft his show to sell to millions upon millions of customers, seemingly ignore those customers should be downright outrageous to him.

Yet, he also has a massive ego and probably thinks that if HE likes the idea, then surely the audience will too. In Vince's mind, he is the everyday man, woman and child. Even if he is the boss. Essentially, he is too close to the project fincancially to adequately and objectively view the content for what it is.

Perhaps if he took himself OFF tv for awhile and focused strictly on production, booking and promoting for awhile, things would run smoother. I also wouldn't mind seeing Shane McMahon evolve into something more of a force within the WWE. Quite frankly, I think he seems to be pretty brilliant and has a keen eye for what this business is, and where its future holds. Maybe having Shane take over an on air personality for a time while Vince stays backstage would be enough of a jolt to fix some problems? Who knows?

The american dragon huh? Funny I never would picture you as a technical worker Sam....more of a brawler.

The american dragon huh? Funny I never would picture you as a technical worker Sam....more of a brawler.

Quite the contrary, in fact. I was one of the best technical students in my training class and worked very hard to make sure everything was crisp, believable and good. My background in the industry growing up and wrestling amateur for many years gave me a good base for a technical style. That doesn't mean I can't take, or throw a punch. I have 3 MMA bouts under my belt (one tournament) and my record stands at 2-1. Of course, I barely threw any punches and instead simply relied on my wrestling skills heavily to win both bouts by decision before getting my face caved in in the semis by flying fists of death...but I digress.

In fact, I was sometimes criticized for paying TOO much attention to detail and quesitoning why the selling of a certain body part wasn't consistant throughout, etc.

Furthermore, given my size at the time while I was active (170 lbs. or roughly 60 pounds ago) I was asked to try and either bulk up quickly (hint hint) or become more of a high flyer.

Well, I wasn't born with lead feet, but I am also not the greatest at the high flying stuff and refused to chemically enhance myself, so I was kind of stuck in a wrestling purgatory. No one would really believe my technical prowess at my size and unless I just became and avid brawler, I was bound to be the whipping boy for the bigger guys.

You can still see the lashes sometimes...

TNA's Next X-Division Champion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGRJu-QCss4&feature=user

Austin Rasheed Lucius "Consequences" Creed or just Consequences Creed.

Very good wrestler from NWA Anarchy; the spinoff of Wildside which trained AJ Styles, Ron Killings, and Abyss. Replaced Pac-Man Jones at Bound For Glory and was gonna form a permanent team with Ron Killings (Truth or Consequences) but Killings left the company. He'll officially join the roster at Lockdown. TNA found a great talent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf407uRCCV8

fan camera of part of his tag match with Sonjay from the preshow of Final Resolution

I thought you guys might get a kick out of this. I was going through some old pictures and found a rare picture from my wrestling days (cameras were not allowed in training typically).

I am 17 in this picture and probably had only started training a few months prior. I believe I am in the middle of a snap bump (the type of bump you take off of a clothesline or leg lariat).

Believe it or not, I still have those wrestling shoes and workout pants. :lol: I will see if I dig up anymore from that era. I know there is one somewhere of me getting laid out while working "security" at a show and another after Dalip (Great Khali) opened up my chest with some massive chops and forearms. But I haven't come across them yet.

img007tx0-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom