The Olympics Soccer Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Olympics Soccer Thread

Prime Time

Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!
Reaction score
Alotta games today, but I don't know all the scores so I'll let Ice post that If he knows. Argentina is winning 6-0 right now. :woot: and are favs. to win the whole thing. I think they will, they brought a rather strong side. Mexico today tied to Mila 0-0! :roflmao:

Tevez is only 20?

I thought he was hitting his 30's.The guy looks old as hell with all his scars.He grew up in a rough neighborhood?

minus said:
Tevez is only 20?

I thought he was hitting his 30's.The guy looks old as hell with all his scars.He grew up in a rough neighborhood?

Yeah Tevez is 20...might be 19 but yeah he is around there. He is so good, and alot of people say he will be Argentina's next all star. They are saying....Maradona...Batistuta...Tevez. His goals yesterday were awesome.

The reason he has those scars...he lived in a poor neighborhood and one day he grabbed a pot full of boiling water and it got on his face. His mom tried to help him by putting a towel on him. When he got to the hospital, the doctors tried to take the towel off...but when they took it off..they realized it had been stuck to the skin and it tore off skin too. Ouch. I feel bad for him but he is having a ton of success in football. I see him playing for a European team in no more than 2 years.

Prime Time said:
Yeah Tevez is 20...might be 19 but yeah he is around there. He is so good, and alot of people say he will be Argentina's next all star. They are saying....Maradona...Batistuta...Tevez. His goals yesterday were awesome.

The reason he has those scars...he lived in a poor neighborhood and one day he grabbed a pot full of boiling water and it got on his face. His mom tried to help him by putting a towel on him. When he got to the hospital, the doctors tried to take the towel off...but when they took it off..they realized it had been stuck to the skin and it tore off skin too. Ouch. I feel bad for him but he is having a ton of success in football. I see him playing for a European team in no more than 2 years.

Maradona? :shakeno: (Not that good)

I do agree he is a good player.He just lower his shoulders goes through defenders.He won't last too long in Boca.

Ha! Maradona is EASILY the best player I have ever seen, there is no comparison. Too young for Pelé so I have to give it to Maradona.

What are you smoking saying he isn't that good? Probobly the same stuff he is! HA

Bodzilla29 said:
Ha! Maradona is EASILY the best player I have ever seen, there is no comparison. Too young for Pelé so I have to give it to Maradona.

What are you smoking saying he isn't that good? Probobly the same stuff he is! HA

You have to be smoking some good **** if you think he is as good as Maradona.

Bodzilla: think he was saying that Tevez is 'not that good' to be compared to Maradona.

Maradona is EASILY the best player I have ever seen, there is no comparison.

While you said you haven't seen Pele, did you see Zidane, Cruyff, Puskas or Georgie Best? Those 4 were all quite easily better than Maradona (though no-one was more talented), who never really managed to sustain what he did: while he played 90 odd times for Argentina, he only truely played brilliantly for a lot smaller number.

Mebeverine....Maradona is the best player soccer has ever seen. Period. Pele is #2. Maradona carried all the teams he was on to championships. He made teams known and he made sorry players known. He was truly #1.

Mebeverine....Maradona is the best player soccer has ever seen. Period. Pele is #2. Maradona carried all the teams he was on to championships. He made teams known and he made sorry players known. He was truly #1.

Pass me whatever the hell you are smoking...

You're 16 years old and yet you can tell me as a fact that Maradona is better than Pele? Give me a break.

*Argentina won the World Cup without Maradona in 1978.
*He won the Argentine Championship with Boca.
*He broke his ankle at Barcelona and joined Napoli without really living up to the hype.
* There he was a hero and had his great moment in the 1986 World Cup, which he dominated.
* In 1990 he didn't win the World Cup.
* 1991 he gets banned from football, after serving his ban he demands to move to Spain
* He was a disaster at Sevilla.
* In 1993 he quits Newells Old Boys
* In 1994 he is banned again.

He doesn't even compare to Pele. He did it at Napoli, I'll give you that. But he played in an Argentina side that still won without him, and featured such "sorry players" as Jorge Valdano, Mario Kempes and Daniel Passarella.

Maradona showed flashes and had he sustained his ability throughout his career, would have probably been right up there with Pele. However, he didn't, Pele did.

Argentina is winning 6-0 right now and are favs. to win the whole thing

I fancy the Italians to win it. Looking at their squad: Bonera, Pirlo, Sculli, Gilardino, Gasbaroni, Ferrari, Del Nero...that is some young squad and Italians generally play more as a unit than the Argentines.

BTW: You seem quite knowledgable about Argentina. Is Cavenaghi, the young River striker, as good as they say?

Mebeverine said:
I fancy the Italians to win it. Looking at their squad: Bonera, Pirlo, Sculli, Gilardino, Gasbaroni, Ferrari, Del Nero...that is some young squad and Italians generally play more as a unit than the Argentines.

BTW: You seem quite knowledgable about Argentina. Is Cavenaghi, the young River striker, as good as they say?

Keep an eye on this guy:

Radamel Falcao 18 years old (Colombian)
He is playing in the reserves of River Plate in Argentina ... and is mentioned as a true star who will soon play in the first team. He is a #9 ... of 'complete" scale.

He is taking the same path as Juan Pablo Angel. :cooldude:

Mebeverine...let merephrase:

Maradonna(at his best) is better than any other player I have ever seen at their best. Of course he did not sustain it like you said, but his peak was higher than any other, bar Pelé because I never saw him.

Also, I was responding to "Maradonna? Not very good" more than I was comenting on Tevez. BUt right now, no I do not think you can fairly compare the two. Tevez looks an excellant player though.

Bodzilla29 said:
Mebeverine...let merephrase:

Maradonna(at his best) is better than any other player I have ever seen at their best. Of course he did not sustain it like you said, but his peak was higher than any other, bar Pelé because I never saw him.

Also, I was responding to "Maradonna? Not very good" more than I was comenting on Tevez. BUt right now, no I do not think you can fairly compare the two. Tevez looks an excellant player though.

Did you see Copa Libertadores?

Tevez is a very good player but I wouldn't call him great.He is still young so he hasn't reach his full potential yet.

In other soccer news

Sub-16 Team
Colombia 2 - 0 U.S
Peru 2 - 0 Ecuador

Saturday 14

Colombia VS Peru
U.S VS Ecuador

Colombia is 2-0
U.S 1-1
Peru 1-1
Ecuador 0-2

Back