The Olympics Soccer Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Olympics Soccer Thread

The announcers were talking about how Tevez has taken the title "Young Stud at Midfield" from El Romy now. Aimar is still #1 MF in Argentina though.

Wasn't Saviola supposed to be the next big thing a few years ago?

I think I will wait to see Tevez in a less dominant team before I judge him...

Mebeverine said:
Wasn't Saviola supposed to be the next big thing a few years ago?

I think I will wait to see Tevez in a less dominant team before I judge him...

Savy is a striker. He is going to be Argentina's main Forward in a few years. I am talking about midfield.

Prime Time said:
Savy is a striker. He is going to be Argentina's main Forward in a few years. I am talking about midfield.

Isn't Tevez a striker?

I want to see Tevez do better in Argentinian league before I think he is the next great thing.

Olympics competition is not exactly great.

He did ok en La Copa Libertadores and he did good in Argentinian league.

Luis Amaranto Perea is playing for Real Madrid.This guy is a hell of a defender and I didn't know Boca sold him to Real.

Doesn't matter.

First up Tevez is a link man. Not a midfielder...doesn't do enough defensively to be seen as a true midfielder.

I was simply talking about the fact that Saviola was supposed to be the new sensation and hasn't lived up to that so far. Better hope Tevez does better in Europe...and if he goes to Tottenham as rumoured he doesn't stand a chance of becoming the player he should.

Mebeverine said:
Doesn't matter.

First up Tevez is a link man. Not a midfielder...doesn't do enough defensively to be seen as a true midfielder.

I was simply talking about the fact that Saviola was supposed to be the new sensation and hasn't lived up to that so far. Better hope Tevez does better in Europe...and if he goes to Tottenham as rumoured he doesn't stand a chance of becoming the player he should.

Everyone is rumored to go to Tottenham though.....

I'll steer clear of the Maradona-Pelé discussion as I've never seen them play live...
As for the Olympics, all the talk is about Tevez and he's been excellent but he's got a very good supporting cast. After the last 2 world cup disappointments (Argentina was a favourite in both) they defiantely brought some big guns to win this tourny.Heinze, Ayala, Coloccini are quality defenders in Europe (and would porbably be their back 3 on the senior side). They brought Kily and Saviola as well. D'Allessandro is my personal favourite, he's not as flashy as Tevez but he's got good ball skills and pace.

Also Minus has a good point, Adriano is a superstar in Serie A (I was in Italy earlier this summer and him and Gilardino are regarded as the 2 best young strikers in the press)

Pink Dove, Argentina's starting 3 in the back pn the Senior Side would not contain the 3 guys you listed. It would contain Ayala, Samuel and a ? mark at RB. Argentina hasn't found someone who can be solid there too. THere are so many average or better then average guys who could play on the right but noone who is star quality.

Also...Tevez is a midfielder. He is an attacking midfielder though. He has pretty much taken Riquelme's job at that position. Saviola is playing good...not the super star level that was expected from him but he can get the job done.

Adriano is a superstar in Serie A (I was in Italy earlier this summer and him and Gilardino are regarded as the 2 best young strikers in the press)

They love Miccolli as well

Also....SPOILERS.....

BTW...Argentina won the gold today...:woot:! Yeah baby! :rocker:

Back
Top Bottom