The player with the most upside for us with the 9th pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The player with the most upside for us with the 9th pick

fullerboy1

Starter
Reaction score
I think these guys would be nice to have,

1 Ginn if he is healthy.
2 Okoye
3 Landry
4 Revis
5 Willis

if you want ginn first, then we should trade down with GB cuz he WILL be there at GB pick aand we could get an extra 2 or 3 especially if browns pass on AP. then the bills wont be able tp get AP cuz GB will, they need a RB.

If we stay at #9 there is no way that we draft Ginn. It seems to be clear he is dropping bc he still hasnt healed from his injury.

Landry will be gone too, now that Atlanta is in front of us.

Yeah but like i said when he is healthy he would be more than worth the 9th pick i think.
And with Landry its not a done deal that Atlanta will pick him.

Atlanta needs a DE more than a DB... kerney is gone and abraham is injury prone.

I picked Ginn first because he would have a bigger impact on our team overall

Atlanta needs a DE more than a DB... kerney is gone and abraham is injury prone.
there is gonna be good DE in the 2nd too. so why not take landry and the get a DE nearly as good as one in the first. it just makes sense.

I think Ginns explosiveness would take our offense to another level.
Okoye quickness would make others on our Defense even more effective.
Landry aggressiveness would do wonders for our secondary.
Revis would take a few years to show his true worth.
Willis would make a great replacement for Zack in two years.

there is gonna be good DE in the 2nd too. so why not take landry and the get a DE nearly as good as one in the first. it just makes sense.

Exactly. People dont take this into consideration when making assertions on who a team will pick.

This is why I dont see too many DE's being picked in the top ten other than say Gaines Adams.

Also why I dont see DET picking Joe Thomas as some mocks have. DET already has their franchise LT in Jeff Backus. They just traded for a RT and RB. If anything, they draft the best G/C at #34 overall. So I definitely see DET picking Quinn at #2 overall. And they still can draft a backup OT in the 3rd or 4th round.

If they do trade down, then they probably select Gaines Adams. But I just dont see them passing on Quinn.

I think Ginns explosiveness would take our offense to another level.
Okoye quickness would make others on our Defense even more effective.
Landry aggressiveness would do wonders for our secondary.
Revis would take a few years to show his true worth.
Willis would make a great replacement for Zack in two years.

I agree with the Ginn Jr pick. Also, Adam Shefter mentioned that MIA is actually reportedly interested in Levi Brown and Laron Landry.

Contrary to reports that MIA liked Staley more. This must have been a smokescreen into taking teams radars off of Levi Brown.

Maybe MIA thought that HOU was going to take Brown at #8. So they were eyeing Landry and calling attention to Staley when all along they really wanted Levi Brown? Hmm.

Now with the HOU/ATL trade. I think Tedd Ginn Jr, Laron Landry, and Levi Brown are the only likely picks. In that particular order.

Tedd Ginn Jr
Laron Landry
Levi Brown(if Ginn and Landry are gone)

Exactly. People dont take this into consideration when making assertions on who a team will pick.

This is why I dont see too many DE's being picked in the top ten other than say Gaines Adams.

Also why I dont see DET picking Joe Thomas as some mocks have. DET already has their franchise LT in Jeff Backus. They just traded for a RT and RB. If anything, they draft the best G/C at #34 overall. So I definitely see DET picking Quinn at #2 overall. And they still can draft a backup OT in the 3rd or 4th round.

If they do trade down, then they probably select Gaines Adams. But I just dont see them passing on Quinn.

Great point, we should all take it like it is, no one knows exactly
what a team is going to do but it is still fun to pretend to be experts, right
fellas.

The player with the most upside that will probably be available when we pick has to be Amobi Okoye. I don't want us to pick him since he isn't an ideal fit in the 3-4, but he undoubtedly has more potential than any prospect in this draft.

Miami should pick Levi brown and Miami will finally have their franchise left tackle but if Alan Branch falls to Miami I don't see how they will pass on him.

Regardless of who picks before us we should still get an impact player I think.

Back
Top Bottom