The player with the most upside for us with the 9th pick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The player with the most upside for us with the 9th pick

i agree but all first rounders should really be impact players. i think the only way we will get an impact play would be a QB WR not o-line

If we have the possibility to get Ginn jr. while trading down,
I´m all for it. Ginn is the next best thing offensively after CJ.

i agree but all first rounders should really be impact players. i think the only way we will get an impact play would be a QB WR not o-line
Why cant an offensive lineman be an "impact player"? Better blocking improves the running game...also gives the QB more time to find open receivers.

I picked Ginn first because he would have a bigger impact on our team overall

I agree with this. Ginn's impact would be huge on our Offense. His impact would be from the start of the game with his kick returns. He would be a homerun threat from the start and would open and continuously put us in great field position all game long.

He would not need to start. We can still start Chambers and either Booker or Hagan. Ginn would still get as many snaps as Booker or Hagan, but as our #3 WR.

Then he would stretch our vertical offense, stretch the defense, and open up the middle for Chambers in the slot. Our running game would have less crowdiness and Chambers would make the Pro Bowl again.

Ginn is a no brainer as far as improving our offense is concerned "if" Cameron feels that Shelton, Carey, Alabi, or Toledo can be our LT.

Even still, MIA can still put either Shelton or Carey at LT and draft another LT prospect in the 2nd round at either #60 or even #40 if Staley was still around.

If the choice was Levi Brown, then whichever WR we targeted in the 2nd round would not have the impact that Ginn would have as far as starting caliber, stretching the field, or on field position.

There will still be some speedsters like Jason Hill...but they are not starting caliber WR's. Hill is no more a prospect than Marcus Vick or Kelly Campbell.

Ginn Jr would instantly upgrade our offense. Would Brown? No. Because he wouldn't improve us much more than Shelton or Carey would at LT IMO.

So Ginn would have the biggest impact on offense of any other player we can draft at #9.

Why cant an offensive lineman be an "impact player"? Better blocking improves the running game...also gives the QB more time to find open receivers.

Yeah but think about it, if you had someone on your team that scare the heck out of the other team defense like a wr,rb or qb that in my opinion
would have a greater impact as a ol.

I agree with this. Ginn's impact would be huge on our Offense. His impact would be from the start of the game with his kick returns. He would be a homerun threat from the start and would open and continuously put us in great field position all game long.

He would not need to start. We can still start Chambers and either Booker or Hagan. Ginn would still get as many snaps as Booker or Hagan, but as our #3 WR.

Then he would stretch our vertical offense, stretch the defense, and open up the middle for Chambers in the slot. Our running game would have less crowdiness and Chambers would make the Pro Bowl again.

Ginn is a no brainer as far as improving our offense is concerned "if" Cameron feels that Shelton, Carey, Alabi, or Toledo can be our LT.

Even still, MIA can still put either Shelton or Carey at LT and draft another LT prospect in the 2nd round at either #60 or even #40 if Staley was still around.

If the choice was Levi Brown, then whichever WR we targeted in the 2nd round would not have the impact that Ginn would have as far as starting caliber, stretching the field, or on field position.

There will still be some speedsters like Jason Hill...but they are not starting caliber WR's. Hill is no more a prospect than Marcus Vick or Kelly Campbell.

Ginn Jr would instantly upgrade our offense. Would Brown? No. Because he wouldn't improve us much more than Shelton or Carey would at LT IMO.

So Ginn would have the biggest impact on offense of any other player we can draft at #9.

You took the words right out of my mouth.:D

Because Levi Brown would not have any more of an improvement over Carey or Shelton at LT. In fact, he may be a downgrade because of his inexperience.

Remember, the LT wasn't the problem of the OL this year. It was mostly RG. When Culpepper and Brown were getting sacked and tackled behind the line of scrimmage, rushers were coming in from either the right side of the OL or from Randy Mcmichael's missed blocks. Trust me, I have the games recorded and have seen them time and again.

As a matter of fact, after Shelton moved to RG, the right side improved and DMac didn't struggle so much at LT.

When (interception)Harrington came in, LT was not the problem either. As a matter of fact, what was mainly the problem (especially early on) was the "run blocking", Randy's missed blocks, believe it or not, Welker's missed blocks, and Ronnie's missing open holes.

So truthfully, with the new FB, dropping Mcmichael, and a speedy WR...we should be fine on offense with either Shelton back at LT or Carey at LT with either Alabi or Toledo at RT.

So however you look at it, Lehr is a key in this scenario. Why?

Because if we were to sign him to say, play LG. We can either move Carey to LT, and allow Toledo and Alabi to battle it out for RT. Or we can move Shelton back to LT, keep Carey at RT, and have Toledo battle it out with a rookie like Blalock, Grubbs, or Sears for the RG spot.

So we dont really have to go Levi Brown.

In fact, I now think we should'nt.

Miami should pick Levi brown and Miami will finally have their franchise left tackle but if Alan Branch falls to Miami I don't see how they will pass on him.

No way on Branch. We have his twin in Manny Wright. As well as Fred Evans, who Capers loves, as our 3rd NT.

Of course, Traylor is still the starter at NT until one of them unseats him. Plus, we may just be getting Big Daddy back after all.

I'd wait until 2008 to draft another NT. We have to wait and see what Wright and Evans has to offer....with Traylor as our security blanket for 2007.

Wait until 2008 draft to draft another NT.

Because Levi Brown would not have any more of an improvement over Carey or Shelton at LT. In fact, he may be a downgrade because of his inexperience.
I never said Levi Brown...I just asked why an offensive lineman couldnt be an impact player...btw...How do you know that Brown would be a downgrade? Are you packing a magic crystal ball somewhere? If so...I'd love to have this weeks powerball numbers! :tongue:

levi brown is no furgasun i dont think he is worth the 9 th pick but know that landry is perrty much gone to atlanta maybe we can get alan branch

Think about it, with Ginn Miami gets what great teams seem to have and thats an X factor. He would be deadly every time he touch the ball. No team
would be able not to devise a good game plan just to stop him, that alone should be more than enough to justify him with the 9th pick.

n the second.
im not saying a lineman cant be an impact player but i think a WR or QB would have a bigger impact when you could get a lineman, almost as good as the first round ones, in the second round

if you want ginn first, then we should trade down with GB cuz he WILL be there at GB pick aand we could get an extra 2 or 3 especially if browns pass on AP. then the bills wont be able tp get AP cuz GB will, they need a RB.

With Schaub going to Houston and Atlanta likely going for Landry, it would take AP falling to #9 for us to have a chance to trade down, if that's what we're looking at.

My board would look something like this, considering these players have the best chance of being there at #9.

1. Brady Quinn
2. Levi Brown
3. LaRon Landry
4. trade down
5. Leon Hall

Back
Top Bottom