The player with the most upside for us with the 9th pick | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The player with the most upside for us with the 9th pick

My board would look something like this, considering these players have the best chance of being there at #9.

1. Brady Quinn
2. Levi Brown
3. LaRon Landry
4. trade down
5. Leon Hall

Brady wouldnt make much of an impact his first season I dont think,
Levi would only be solid at the most.
Landry would be what I think also the third impact player.
Trading down would be a good option but will it bring us the talent that we need, I dont know.
Leon could solidify one of the cb position but the jury is still out on whether he is the best cb in the draft.

I would like for us to grab 2 impact players in the first two rounds, and solid
players in the 3rd to 4th, 6 to 7th rounds players with upside.

I would like for us to grab 2 impact players in the first two rounds, and solid
players in the 3rd to 4th, 6 to 7th rounds players with upside.
wouldnt every team? but i am 90% sure miami will get either russel or quinn with miami getting green and then them dropping pepper and oak is interested in pepper. then in second we could get a good WR in Ginn if he fall cuz his still isnt over his injury and might fall to early second, or smith or meachem. they would be impact players. the with other second we could get o-line then CB in third or TE and then go for depth and youth at line and D

Because if we were to sign him to say, play LG. We can either move Carey to LT, and allow Toledo and Alabi to battle it out for RT. Or we can move Shelton back to LT, keep Carey at RT, and have Toledo battle it out with a rookie like Blalock, Grubbs, or Sears for the RG spot.

So we dont really have to go Levi Brown.

In fact, I now think we should'nt.

Personally, I would prefer to go Brown because I'm not a fan of throwing OL around every year like tonight's toss salad. A solid LT offers stability to the OL. The fins had not had that since Richmond Webb left and since then the fins have tried applying temporary band aids to protect the QBs blind side. It has never worked and our offense has been anemic. I think the fins need to get a good LT and LG combination like the old Webb/Sims era through the draft. I believe Brown to be bpa at #9 and he so happens to meet the fins most glaring need in their entire roster.

wouldnt every team? but i am 90% sure miami will get either russel or quinn with miami getting green and then them dropping pepper and oak is interested in pepper. then in second we could get a good WR in Ginn if he fall cuz his still isnt over his injury and might fall to early second, or smith or meachem. they would be impact players. the with other second we could get o-line then CB in third or TE and then go for depth and youth at line and D

That would be great if it played out that way but I dont think it will happen.
I think we will with a 75% chance trade up and get C. Johnson or trade down
for Ginn jr., we are in need of a wr. playmaker. Johnson is the only player worth such a gamble to move up for. But please dont quote me on this, its just a feeling.

What Ginn did at the National Championship game should warn all teams of the "ME" attitude he is...... That's why he's not pick in most Mock Draft till late 20's... The Dolphins would be ok if they traded with NE and got their two first round picks and a fourth and then picked Ginn.... But don't we have two number one receivers in Chambers and Booker? I rather see them get Olsen... we need a good TE or Brown for LT... They say his upside better than Joe Thomas...

What Ginn did at the National Championship game should warn all teams of the "ME" attitude he is...... That's why he's not pick in most Mock Draft till late 20's... The Dolphins would be ok if they traded with NE and got their two first round picks and a fourth and then picked Ginn.... But don't we have two number one receivers in Chambers and Booker? I rather see them get Olsen... we need a good TE or Brown for LT... They say his upside better than Joe Thomas...

Thanks Pompy but I really dont think if we traded down that far, we would have the chance to draft him. We should not let all of the smoke screens
rob us of a difference maker like Ginn. I´m quite sure the GM´s are doing there part to confuse us, everyone saw what he can do in one play in the bowl game against the Gators. He will be a deadly X factor.

Thanks Pompy but I really dont think if we traded down that far, we would have the chance to draft him. We should not let all of the smoke screens
rob us of a difference maker like Ginn. I´m quite sure the GM´s are doing there part to confuse us, everyone saw what he can do in one play in the bowl game against the Gators. He will be a deadly X factor.

I just don't buy into Ginn's hype. Drafting a WR in the 1st with the hopes of him returning kicks for TD's is stupid. I rather take Jason Hill in the 2-3 round.

I never said Levi Brown...I just asked why an offensive lineman couldnt be an impact player...btw...How do you know that Brown would be a downgrade? Are you packing a magic crystal ball somewhere? If so...I'd love to have this weeks powerball numbers! :tongue:

I LOVE IT WHEN PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD KNOW WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS!:lol:

The so called"experts" on this thread or the VIP god's that come down from there golden palace know nothing more than you or me!!

When I read a post that someone "knows" exactly what is going to happen
or who will be successfull and who will be a bust...I just have to laugh because IT'S JUST AN OPINION...and who on this earth other than "MS.CLEO":sidelol:
can tell what will happen in the future.

We dont know if Ginn will be that playmaker or if Levi will be our savior.We just dont know...SO WE THROW THE DICE AND HOPE!!!!!

I just don't buy into Ginn's hype. Drafting a WR in the 1st with the hopes of him returning kicks for TD's is stupid. I rather take Jason Hill in the 2-3 round.

My question would be, do Hill have the upside and the skills to really be as good as Ginn I´m not to sure, Ginn is still pretty raw but what he can do for this team if used right is mind blowing.

The so called"experts" on this thread or the VIP god's that come down from there golden palace know nothing more than you or me!!

or who will be successfull and who will be a bust...I just have to laugh because IT'S JUST AN OPINION...and who on this earth other than "MS.CLEO":sidelol:

We dont know if Ginn will be that playmaker or if Levi will be our savior.We just dont know...SO WE THROW THE DICE AND HOPE!!!!!

I´m sorry if you dont get in that much of the draft spirit like the rest of us
but it is all in good fun.
Most of us find more enjoyment in the draft than the game it self. My take is to just let everyone have some fun with this no matter if they are wrong or right.:dolphins:

I still like Ginn at 9 tho we could move down and still get him or Brwon for that matter....I don't wanna lose out on a playmaker like Ginn tho.

Ozzy rules!!

Amen brother. :)

The Yamon Figurs kid from K-State runs faster than Ginn and is a Kick Returner also and he won't go till the 5-7 round so why pick him..... there's 5-6 guys that can run as fast as Ginn and don't get injured jumping up (Grammaticism) on the most important game of his life...

That would be great if it played out that way but I dont think it will happen.
I think we will with a 75% chance trade up and get C. Johnson or trade down
for Ginn jr., we are in need of a wr. playmaker. Johnson is the only player worth such a gamble to move up for. But please dont quote me on this, its just a feeling.
I would love to see miami trade up for Calvin johnson because he is amazing but we would have to give up most of our picks. if we do trade up i might like to see us pick up BYU QB in late rounds, they say he would be a good pick up in the late rounds. then we would have to get o line and CB.

Back
Top Bottom