The reason why the Dolphins won't win the SB this year... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The reason why the Dolphins won't win the SB this year...

Dolphinizzle said:
The Dolphins will "Not" make it to the superbowl...

and, You are "Not" well-liked on the board after this ignorant post...

This is a dolphins board. Most of us have faith in our phins. So keep opinions such as this one to yourself.
Do you think that fins will even make it to the sb?

BlueFin said:
certainly a major factor but hardly the most important.

Huh?

The offensive line is the most important. A mediocre QB can look decent behind a line that protects him and give him more time to throw the ball.
Ricky will be better off with a good run blocking line.

Our line has had a major overhaul of talent. It probably graded out as an F last year. If we can't improve it to at least a C or better, the QB and Ricky will struggle.

Superself said:
Huh?

The offensive line is the most important. A mediocre QB can look decent behind a line that protects him and give him more time to throw the ball.
Ricky will be better off with a good run blocking line.

Our line has had a major overhaul of talent. It probably graded out as an F last year. If we can't improve it to at least a C or better, the QB and Ricky will struggle.
Obviously thats opinion, I did say its a major factor, what I disagreed with is it being the most important factor, I think at a minimum we can expect an average line this year, I think thats about all we can expectwith four new starters who haven't played together, despite the talent upgrade.

The most important position on the field is quarterback, if he doesn't execute you can have a great line and still fall short, you can have an average line with a hot quarterback and go far. There was nothing special about New Englands line last year. They had a quarterback that executes when needed and they played good defense.

P4E said:
Your view will not be squashed on my watch, Clumpy. Two reasons: 1. Principle 2. I know what you've done for this site out of pocket and out of brain. :)
I tought I smelled smoke... :confused:

:jk: GOOD JOB Clumpie... :)

ryyyan24 said:
the Dolphins are NOT gonna win the SB THIS season.
I have to ask because of your other post. Are you talking this season as in 2004 or this season as in 2005?:tongue:

Seriously though, they have the talent to win it, but based on the past few seasons.....I have my worries.

Obviously the odds are against the Dolphins to win the Super Bowl, but frankly, anyone who doesn't pick the Patriots/Colts/Eagles to win the Super bowl is usually laughed at this time of year. Do you know anyone who picked a Pats/Panthers SB this past year? I didn't. What about a Bucs/Raiders the year before? Not me. It's an unpredictable league.

Nublar7 said:
-Dolphins are capable of going 13-3 with this talent.

-If the team gives up on the coaches(has happend for us) we will at worst go 9-7.

-I am predicting a 12-4 season. I like to break the season into 4 sections. If you go 3-1 in each section, you are doing good. Hopefully we go undefeated in one of those sections, hasn't happend in years though.

What Talent? People keep throwing that word around when it comes to the Dolphins. Let's look at what I guess you guys are talking about.

Defense first, since that's where all the money is.

DE's
JT, Ogun, J Will, D. Bowens: Starters: JT and Ogun. our style of D allow these 2 to be monsters. But let's look at critical times. Number 1, 2 years ago against the Minn Vikes and NE Pats. Crucial moments in the games, no pressure and no sacks. I point to that because those games kept us out of the playoffs. Number 2, Last year against Houston, Tenn, Indy, and Washington, where were those guys? D. Bowens was out last year, and Jay William is decent.

DT's: T Bo, L. Chester, Romeo, Zgonia. Starters: T Bo and Chester. Our style of D calls for them to clot running lanes. No pass rush, never ever does a QB have to worry about pressure up the middle when passing on us. That's bad because if our DE's do get pressure the QB just steps up and fire the pass. DT's good against the run..suck in passing, more of a liability in the passing D. Zgonia is a decent pass rusher but he's on the sideline. Romeo, oh Romeo?????

LB's: Zach, MG, Seau, Moore, Jenkins, Abgun, (possibles, Bua and Pope) Starters: Zach, MG, Seau.
Playmakers they're not. Hardly never is a int done here. DT's tie up blockers and let Zach get to the runner. Please don't miss Zach or it's another 10-15 yards before a stop. How many times have we seen that. Blitzing, until Seau last year, our LB's didn't even know how. And we're still not that good at it. Our talent doesn't allow us to do it consistently, so we stay vanilla, because we get burned just about every time we do blitz. No pressure on the QB what so ever out of our LB's. Don't know what Moore or Corey or Abgun can do in these situations, our backups are a unknown for us. Let's hope they can step up. One injury to our Starters, and where is our talented depth.

CB's: Pat, Sam, Howard, Poole, Banks, Roundtree, Louisdor. Starters: Pat and Sam. Penalties, Penalties, Penalties, at the most crucial times, over and over again. Sam is definitely a step or two slower. Great man cover guys, decent in Zone-doesn't allow us to change up too much. and last year's missed tackles make my Grandma look showing how it should have been done. That was across the board actually..we're so talented.

Safties: Auturo, Sammy, Antaine, Bell, Wooden, Akins. Starters: Sam, ??
Last year's combo of Sam and Brock proved fatal on the deep ball, being address this year, but at the expense of experience. So let's hope for the best. Sam is definetly slower, but new and didn't get all the big hits in the middle I read on this board last year. So we're see what year 2 brings, since he's calling the plays, which I guess mean he's very comfortable with the D now. Auturo, so talented that we went and got Edwards, who scares us so much that we're allowing Bell to complete..can any one say we're not sure on that position yet.

the vaulted D, allowed Houston, Washington, Philly, Tenn and Indy to stread them last year. Play the Pats close even though we lost both games. Oh yea, out of the teams that killed them, we went 1-4. Our unhealded O saved us in the Washington game. and 3 loses were at home starting openining day. They still in my opinion have a lot to prove. If you can beat or shut down a good team, then you're an avg d. notice the small d.

our O.

QB: JF, AF, Sage, Stinoer. Starter: ???
Jay is a good QB who doesn't have the arm to put the ball where his mind tells him. I disagree with a lot of you who say he can't read coverages good, I think he read it very well, just can't throw the accurate pass to make the opposing D pay for what he DOES see. He either underthrow the bomb..which he's read correctly, or overthrow. Again he reads the mid range outs correctly, but again, too much air in the throw and thrown short and behind the receiver all leading to ints or knockdowns. But he does throw to the correct receiver. His ability to scramble and feel the pressure around him is unquestioned. His knowledge of the game unquestioned. He just doesn't have the arm 15 and beyond to complete his game.
AF has a better arm, seems comfortable in his WC O..learning a new one. Only time will tell, but he can be an effective QB, even a Tom Brady type--and I will add, T. Brady doesn't impress me that much, he's a Fielder with a better arm. Reads pretty much like Jay but can get the ball there better. Can't scramble as well as Jay or feel the pressure as well as Jay. Sage is Dime in waiting imho, just won't get a chance, the best arm on this team, just needs game reps. Can't really ID the most Talented one without showing a lot of flaws.

RB's: Ricky, Minor, Henry, (possible Russell). Starter: Ricky.
Good RB, very TALENTED, not very quick though. Can he really make people miss. Minor quick, can make people miss, but can he take the pounding of a everydown back??, Henry, kind of a combo of quick and powerful, can run inside and out. not as good catching the ball. But this kid can ball. Russell, interesting. We'll see this PS. over all, a pretty good group....with Henry being the dark horse.

FB's: Konrod, Morris, Easlick, Works. Starter: Konrad.
A very good player. Not a pounder is the traditional sense of fullback blockers, but will make a hole. Very good pass receiver and decent runner. Morris, we got him from Buffalo, enough said. Easlick and Works rookies. Decent players, not one very talented.

TE's: McMicheal, Donaldson, Perry, J. Jones, Turner, Delahoussaye. Starter: McMicheals..Great catching TE, decent Run blocker, Donaldson, Good run blocker, decent catching TE. Perry--long snapper. Jones is new, don't know much, but coaches felt they needed another TE and he's it. We are young in this position and have potential with 2 TE's showing some signs of Talent with McMicheals ahead of Donaldson.

WR's: Chambers, Boston, DT, Simmons, Toliver, Minnis, Wilkens, Nicks, Morris, Newson, Bellamy: Projected Starters: Chambers and Boston.
and we're still looking for a reciever. Only one 1000 yard receiver and that was 3 years ago. So how talented can you rate this group. Some have potential, that's the ticket, potential to be talented receivers. Don't overstate the case for a player because he's your favorite. What has he done thus far to be called Talented?

OL: Mckinney, Wade, James, Yates, Whitney, Jerman, St. Clair, McIntosh, Hadnot, Pape, Wagstrom, Goodspeed, Bedell, Wilson, Lynch and Carey.
Projected Starters: Wade, James, Mckinney, ?, Carey or St. Clair
Boy how talented is that? This is where I'm hoping. I wouldn't mind if Nails comes back as the RG, that would put me at peace a little more. Whitney at RG would scare the living hell out of me. I'd prefer Yates if we kept the cast we have now. German is the front runner, does that make you feel real comfortable? this is the unit who has the most gelling to do and to do it fast.

Punter: Turk...avg..to good.

Kicker: Mare...Needs to show me. the reason we lost to the Pats in game 1. Had 2 chances to win that game. He's a little above avg.

So when you guys say we have a talented team. Just how talented and just how much talented Depth do we have to make up for injuries? Watch the good you use to describe this team, it's a team on the rise, but haven't proven anything. Yet..i hope.

LBs are not playmakers? Is great run defense not because of Linebackers making plays?

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
LBs are not playmakers? Is great run defense not because of Linebackers making plays?

Take a look at Balt, NE, Steelers, Chicago, our old Phins teams, LB's are indeed playmakers..You're just not use to ours doing so..actually look at the modern Buf team also..

MDFINFAN said:
Take a look at Balt, NE, Steelers, Chicago, our old Phins teams, LB's are indeed playmakers..You're just not use to ours doing so..actually look at the modern Buf team also..
Hey did we get rid of Donald Lee? I didn't see him in the list. I like that guy.

darkoak said:
Hey did we get rid of Donald Lee? I didn't see him in the list. I like that guy.

You're right that should have been Donald instead of Donaldson. Thanks for the correction.

Sb

My take is that if New England with the talent they had last year, no high dollar players yes Miami can win and get to the SB. We all know sometime the breaks go your way and other times not. But with every thing that has happen in Miami this off season I know if this team can become one unit with one goal in mind there's nothing that they can't do. So with all that said if all comes down to THAT'S WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME. We can all give our prediction but like one person said who would have predicted last years teams.

LETS GO ALL THE WAY DOLPHINS !!! WISH #13 WAS STILL PLAYING:cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom