The reason why the Dolphins won't win the SB this year... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The reason why the Dolphins won't win the SB this year...

Don't you need to know whether the Marlins make the playoffs before making fin predictions? I don't follow the National league, but after last year's fin/NE game I became a Marlins fan. :lol:

ryyyan24 said:
Just so everyone knows I am one of the biggest Dolphin fans around. Beilieve me, I would love to be wrong here but the Dolphins are NOT gonna win the SB THIS season.

1ST REASON: Quarterback. I believe that if Jay Fiedler is the starting QB then we are doomed, and have no shot of making the playoffs. There is no way anyone can say really anything positive about Jay over the last 4 seasons. Even if A.J. Feeley does start (and I pray to god he does) he will not bring us to the SB in the first year. I do believe, if AJ is QB, that the Dolphins will have a great year and make it to deep in the playoffs, possibly the AFC cahmpionship game.

2ND REASON: Coaching. I think Dave will do a decent job this season. I feel that another horrible, stupid decision will cost us something big. (N.E. game 2 years ago, to make the playoffs, 2 min. left instead of handing it off to Ricky we throw 3 times and 2 are inc. and one is caught for 3 yards.)

3RD REASON: Luck. The Dolphins dont have that nice tipped ball that goes into our hands or that one big call that changes the game. We are not the NE Patriots, like in last years AFC championship game against the Colts ( the way there DB's were raping Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne)

As I said if AJ is the starter the Dolphins will go deep into the playoffs and have a great and fun year, but I do not see them winning the SB THIS year. If AJ plays the way I think he can I feel next season is the big one.

You missed the most important reason: OFFENSIVE LINE

CirclingWagons said:
I agree for the most part. The coaching situation in Miami looks like a cluster**** right now, with the OC situation, and Trestman upset. I think Wanny is a very good coordinator, but not good as the lead guy.
I think your qb situation is abominable. Both of those guys on their best days, are only serviceable IMO.
The biggest part everybody is overlooking is the LB corps. Unless they pick up a couple free agents before the start of the season I see this being a big weakness for the fins.
Also you have the small problem of your O-lineman never playing together before.
All in all, Fins will still be competitive, but nothing to rave about...9-7 is my prediction

If you think we are going to go 9-7, I would love to hear your prediction for your beloved Bills. :rolleyes:

-Dolphins are capable of going 13-3 with this talent.

-If the team gives up on the coaches(has happend for us) we will at worst go 9-7.

-I am predicting a 12-4 season. I like to break the season into 4 sections. If you go 3-1 in each section, you are doing good. Hopefully we go undefeated in one of those sections, hasn't happend in years though.

Nublar7 said:
-I am predicting a 12-4 season. I like to break the season into 4 sections. If you go 3-1 in each section, you are doing good. Hopefully we go undefeated in one of those sections, hasn't happend in years though.

I do the same thing. I splut the season into 4 quarters and I see how we do. That is how I usually base my predictions but I also look at our opponents etc.

The Dolphins will "Not" make it to the superbowl...

and, You are "Not" well-liked on the board after this ignorant post...

This is a dolphins board. Most of us have faith in our phins. So keep opinions such as this one to yourself.

Dolphinizzle said:
The Dolphins will "Not" make it to the superbowl...

and, You are "Not" well-liked on the board after this ignorant post...

This is a dolphins board. Most of us have faith in our phins. So keep opinions such as this one to yourself.

Why do you want opposing views squashed? :down:

There is one thing that noone including writers never mention, And that is teams like Tennesee, Indy, Pats, DEnver ect. don't like to play miami especially in miami. Once again, it all comes down to getting a 12-4 record and home field advantage (to rest and prepare unlike getting slaughtered for going into OT and then your wooped)for us moreso than anyone else. These teams know that when you play miami, it comes down to the wire 9/10. The Pats are the best obviously at dealing with that issue, but you cant say it still doesnt give them a heartattack. I know that Indy lost to denver in the last week on purpose so they didnt have to play miami. they gave denver a false sense of their abilities and crushed them. Peyton knew that i would never be that way with miami. peyton has alot of respect for the Dolphins and there is proof why.

ryyyan24 said:
Just so everyone knows I am one of the biggest Dolphin fans around. Beilieve me, I would love to be wrong here but the Dolphins are NOT gonna win the SB THIS season.

1ST REASON: Quarterback. I believe that if Jay Fiedler is the starting QB then we are doomed, and have no shot of making the playoffs. There is no way anyone can say really anything positive about Jay over the last 4 seasons. Even if A.J. Feeley does start (and I pray to god he does) he will not bring us to the SB in the first year. I do believe, if AJ is QB, that the Dolphins will have a great year and make it to deep in the playoffs, possibly the AFC cahmpionship game.

2ND REASON: Coaching. I think Dave will do a decent job this season. I feel that another horrible, stupid decision will cost us something big. (N.E. game 2 years ago, to make the playoffs, 2 min. left instead of handing it off to Ricky we throw 3 times and 2 are inc. and one is caught for 3 yards.)

3RD REASON: Luck. The Dolphins dont have that nice tipped ball that goes into our hands or that one big call that changes the game. We are not the NE Patriots, like in last years AFC championship game against the Colts ( the way there DB's were raping Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne)

As I said if AJ is the starter the Dolphins will go deep into the playoffs and have a great and fun year, but I do not see them winning the SB THIS year. If AJ plays the way I think he can I feel next season is the big one.
I agree with reason one, and I also agree with reason two, however I think Wannstedt will always find a way to underachieve no matter how much talent you give him.

Reason three is where you go off the deep end, luck can change at anytime and is not the sole possession of any particular franchise, you might consider that some teams make their own luck with good coaching and hard play.

In conclusion, I'm not predicting any Super trip while we have a coach with the last name Wannstedt.:shakeno:

Juice_56 said:
... i do not mind fiedler, if he left i wouldnt cry, if he stayed i wouldnt cry,
If he left I would dance an Irish jig.........................:mdfin::dance::clap::happydrin

Levi said:
Fiedler doesnt suck, he does a good job. He had to fill some big shoes, Dan Marino's, u cant expect him to be as good as Dan the Man. He gets the job done. The thing about him that i dont like, is that he doesnt make his reads well, and he gets injured a lot.
Feely isnt bad either.
Just have some faith and pray, and the fins will go far!!!
Huh?..........He does a mediocre job and his stats bear that out.

No he doesn't make good reads, throws into coverage too often with a pea shooter attached to his shoulder, is very innaccurate and the further he throws downfiled the worse it gets, yes he is injury prone, throws as many ints as touchdowns(last year more), is so bad teams stack the line because they don't fear him being able to make them pay.............other than that he's great:shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom