The return of Samson Satele? He is coming in for a workout Monday | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The return of Samson Satele? He is coming in for a workout Monday

Satele, 29, then started three seasons for the Raiders, before moving on to Indianapolis, where he started 11 games in 2012 and 13 in 2013.

Pro Football Focus rated Satele 31st among 35 qualifying centers last season ---- 18th as a pass blocker but last as a run blocker. He allowed one sack.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...-samson-satele-for-workout.html#storylink=cpy

Not much help for the running game but at least with Samson our QB might stay upright.
If luck was not his qb im sure the number would be higher

I think we need to bring in a veteran center, even if it is Satele, for insurance. There are several contingencies we must be prepared for. I would like to think we give Larsen and Brenner all the chances to win the job. If they can't, or if they get nicked up during preseason or early part of the season we have Satele. Or if Pouncy's recovery takes longer than expected, then we have a guy who can at least understand the playbook. This is an insurance move.

Why is Satele an option when he doesn't block people?

A lineman the doesn't block, that makes sense.

Let's bring Wilford back to catch the ball for us while we are at it.

As a backup he is an ok option. probably is no worse overall than Shelly Smith who many like on this board.

I honestly rather watch Larsen and Brenner take turns getting beat than see him come back. I would let the 35 year old ex cowboy try out before him.. :(

IMO wheather its Satele or another OL we have enough time , Training camp and preseason to get this fixed , we will have more options when the cut down to the 53 men , Miami Knows that IF they go into the season like last year , with cap space , and do nothing to fix the OL injurys , Ross WILL have a **** fit , and WILL FIRE ALL !! Miami is a pro Football Team with Pro Coaches , and they had Better step up to the plate , IMO Miami is taking all levels to get this OL fixed , and i really think we will be pretty good at the OL poss by the time traing camp /preseason rolls around , I cant see Philbin and com. being dumb enough to let it go like last year ? WE ARE EXPLORING ALL OPTIONS......

IMO wheather its Satele or another OL we have enough time , Training camp and preseason to get this fixed , we will have more options when the cut down to the 53 men , Miami Knows that IF they go into the season like last year , with cap space , and do nothing to fix the OL injurys , Ross WILL have a **** fit , and WILL FIRE ALL !! Miami is a pro Football Team with Pro Coaches , and they had Better step up to the plate , IMO Miami is taking all levels to get this OL fixed , and i really think we will be pretty good at the OL poss by the time traing camp /preseason rolls around , I cant see Philbin and com. being dumb enough to let it go like last year ? WE ARE EXPLORING ALL OPTIONS......
Mia is a pro football team with pro football coaches that has sucked for a long time now.
Name me the last head coach that left us and got another hc job in the nfl

Mia is a pro football team with pro football coaches that has sucked for a long time now.

True , there isnt one , the Don retired with us , there are a couple that got cordinator jobs but no HC jobs ..

IMO the only good thing out of all this is ,atleast it isnt the same HC , Hopefully what we have Now dont make the same stupid decisions as the past has done , i just hope that this coaching staff exc . step up to the plate ..

I know they signed a guard and a tackle. A guard that barely cracked a bad situation at guard when the starter got injured and a tackle that has more dnp in 4 years than he does have plays.
I don't even count Fox as a signing. He gets injured lacing up his sneakers
I wasn't counting Fox, either. that makes 2 tackles and a guard signed in free agency

True , there isnt one , the Don retired with us , there are a couple that got cordinator jobs but no HC jobs ..

Nick Saban could easily get a head coach job in NFL if he wanted . A couple of our OC's have gotten head coaching jobs. None of our DC's have.This will probably be Philbin's only head coaching stop. Sparano will never get another HC gig in NFL, Cameron may in college.
Kind of funny and amazing that Cameron is the OC at LSU now. One day Todd Bowles may be a head NFL coach besides intrim and Im sure Mike Nolan gets another chance.

I wasn't counting Fox, either. that makes 2 tackles and a guard signed in free agency

You were not counting Fox for good reason. He only can play like 4 games a year anyway. Look up injury prone in the dictionary and u see his picture

Steele would be a decent pick up. Granted, he is not a superstar. However, he is a good fit in the zone blocking scheme. Where he struggles is in a power scheme. He has plenty of experience which is what we seriously lack right now.

Simply put, he struggles with AFC East DTs.

If you can not remember his sub par play, that's on you.

Sateles arm length is like 12 inches. Seriously though, his arms are very short and that was a big knock on him when he was drafted. He has the proverbial alligator or T-Rex arms.

The Satele hate in this thread is humorous. I mean we literally had a move guy playing in a power scheme when he was here, so naturally he got exposed against a beast like Wilfork, most centers do. However we also ran the wildcat at it's best when he was playing OC for us. With the team running more of a zone scheme, this fits Satele strengths much more.

You aren't finding a suitable replacement for Pounce in late June, but it's great to see that we are not standing pat and at least attempting to have bodies in camp ready to start the season.

i mean people in this thread act like they weren't around last season when we witnessed the GM do jack **** about the revolving doors on the oline when he could of gotten Mckinnie here day one. Many of you said the same things about Mckinnie but I have a newsflash when he got here the oline played better. This is very low risk and you may find a decent temporary solution in the process

The Satele hate in this thread is humorous. I mean we literally had a move guy playing in a power scheme when he was here, so naturally he got exposed against a beast like Wilfork, most centers do. However we also ran the wildcat at it's best when he was playing OC for us. With the team running more of a zone scheme, this fits Satele strengths much more.

You aren't finding a suitable replacement for Pounce in late June, but it's great to see that we are not standing pat and at least attempting to have bodies in camp ready to start the season.

i mean people in this thread act like they weren't around last season when we witnessed the GM do jack **** about the revolving doors on the oline when he could of gotten Mckinnie here day one. Many of you said the same things about Mckinnie but I have a newsflash when he got here the oline played better. This is very low risk and you may find a decent temporary solution in the process

Mckinnie here day one would have been the equivilant of jack crap. Without Mckinnie we couldn't run the ball, and were on pace to set dolphin record for sacks. With Mckinnie we couldn't run the ball , and set a dolphin record fo sacks.
Satale was an ok player during the wildcat but he wasn't the reason for its success. In fact the wildcat was created because our oline was having issues in the running game.

Back
Top Bottom