The Running Back Debate | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Running Back Debate

Gotta say, Howard has leaped almost everyone in my RB rankings.

Extremely decisive runner between the Tackles, and finishes his runs violently, consistently gets an extra few yards just driving defenders backwards. Will be a monster in the red zone too. I think him and Ajayi would be a great duo.

Howard is the exact kind of back I'm looking for if I'm the dolphins staff.

Howard and Collins are my favorites for us, I don't think Henry lasts to 42, and 42 is a little too rich for the other backs, if we're sitting in the 3rd round and both Howard and Collins are available I personally would welcome either one.

For a running back the size of Henry, it sure is hard to find tape of him powering through a defenders.

I tried to convince myself to like him, I just don't see it. Wouldn't touch him in the 1st or 2nd rnd. If he has some space to get going he's dangerous with his speed and that stiff arm. Very hard to get to if you don't have a clean shot.

In the NFL it could be really hard to find those opportunities consistently though. I want a guy who can constantly power through for for 4-5 hard gains.

Matt Claassen (@PFF_Matt) tweeted at 11:20 AM on Fri, Apr 22, 2016:
Avg. yards AFTER contact on power scheme runs in '15:
Zeke 5.2
Perkins 4.2
Dixon 3.9
Booker 3.7
Howard 3.6
Henry 3.2
Collins 2.7
Prosise 2.6

Matt Claassen (@PFF_Matt) tweeted at 0:07 PM on Fri, Apr 22, 2016:
Avg yards after contact on inside zone runs in '15
Henry 3.8
Perkins 3.7
Howard 3.5
Collins 3.0
Elliott 2.9
Prosise 2.5
Booker 2.4
Dixon 1.9

Nice stats. I guess it confirms what i saw about Perkins on tape and why i rate him so high. He has great vision to slide through the holes and incredible feet. The only knock on him is short yardage power runs and top end speed. I can deal with that.

Draft paul perkins...would be a great complement to jay ajayi

and sounds like you can get that on day 3

Nice stats. I guess it confirms what i saw about Perkins on tape and why i rate him so high. He has great vision to slide through the holes and incredible feet. The only knock on him is short yardage power runs and top end speed. I can deal with that.

My worry with Perkins is he played out of the spread and we have seen how running backs in the past can have inflated production coming out of that system.

But I do like Perkins, system just worries me a bit. And yeah his footwork is insane, not as quick as Collins, but his change of direction ability is dramatically better.

I don't think he gets past the pats 3rd rnd picks.

Also think this stat may take Elliot off our board in round 1, gase runs a lot of inside zone.

Could you guys see Henry as a Sean Alexander type? I think thats possibly 13 worthy. I honestly think Trent Richardson is hurting Henry's stalk a bit right now

Could you guys see Henry as a Sean Alexander type? I think thats possibly 13 worthy. I honestly think Trent Richardson is hurting Henry's stalk a bit right now

Based on what I've read Miami has shown ZERO interest in Henry.

But I've posted before that trading down twice, getting Henry around 26 and ending up with 2 second round picks and 2 third round picks would be my dream scenario. YES I AM FULLY AWARE IT WILL NOT HAPPEN.

Back
Top Bottom