The Start Of Free Agency Could Be Delayed Until The Start Of April! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Start Of Free Agency Could Be Delayed Until The Start Of April!

steveincolorado said:
IF that is the case, then the month of March will be a very boring month. Thank god for NASCAR and golf, because I hate basketball. Guess I'll just have to spend more time up in the mountains.
I doubt that happens, but if means a new deal, then I'am for it.

i would rather watch the grass grow.

Ryan1973 said:
Ya, it would. Teams would only have a couple of weeks to sign players before the draft. Normally, who you pick up in free agency changes the way you will draft as far as positions of need. So there would be a mad scramble in early April to sign free agents.
Yeah it would it will be interesting to c who Miami could pick up if that happens. Though I dont think it will change what we draft as much considering Saban goes for the best player available.

that sucks for two reasons, 1 we gotta wait over a month, 2 the article stated that it will make it harder for teams to pick up free agents, and make it less lucrative for the players to go into the FA and try to get on other teams....

How exactly would CBA negotiations effect free agency? I don't see why they would. It would seem to me that these are two seperate activities

adamprez2003 said:
How exactly would CBA negotiations effect free agency? I don't see why they would. It would seem to me that these are two seperate activities

Because one of the biggest issues in the CBA is the salary cap.

What really needs to happen is the union needs to stop being greedy and get the CBA signed.

the issue is profit sharing between owners, the union has nothing to do with it

That Sucks!

we can't take a simplistic view of this

a new CBA might help us get a certain player under the cap

I'm not saying it is good or bad

steveincolorado said:
Yea,
I can watch those, plus go and play golf. I just pretent that the ball is the head of a Jets player. I can't watch that basketball crap.:sidelol:

I use Tom Brady

super_slash said:
we can't take a simplistic view of this

a new CBA might help us get a certain player under the cap

I'm not saying it is good or bad

Your right. It would be worth waiting a month for a new agreement. If they don't get one done now the players aren't going to allow a hard salary cap again. At least that's what their saying and that could lead to a work stoppage in the future.

Back
Top Bottom