The TExas HOLDem Poker Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The TExas HOLDem Poker Thread

dominizzo

CAMERON EARTH WAKE
Reaction score
Anyone like Poker Hold em!!! My FAv player is GUS hansen!! I like his style of play!! I like to play like him

I think the best player is Sammy FArha

The best NL Holdem player in the world is Phil Ivey.

The best poker player period in any game is Phil Ivey.

I like that crazy guy that never shuts up and wears his shades upside down. I forget his name.

ha gus is a crazy player, i like watching huck seed, most aggressive style ever

Section126 said:
The best NL Holdem player in the world is Phil Ivey.

The best poker player period in any game is Phil Ivey.
Wrong Phil, it's Helmuth.

And why is this in the sports section?

Hostile7 said:
Wrong Phil, it's Helmuth.

And why is this in the sports section?

Are you kidding me.. If both Phils sat down and played whatever game Hellmuth wanted Ivey would still crack him.. Hellmuth routinely gets owned in the "big game".. Espn and anyone that told you Hellmuth was the best is dead wrong..

Did Hellmuth personally tell you he was the best..

actually, right now, that would be Jonathan Paplebon... but i digress...

anyhoo...

i'm glad someone started this thread... i was meaning to a while back, but thought against it at the time... i would like to ask our poker playing population a different question... do you trust online sites? if so, which do you prefer?....

i had been playing poker room and pacific for a long time, and finally got around to trying party poker, the biggest of them all... i have to say i was profoundly disappointed in party poker... but anyway, back to my original question... i see a lot of people, even convincing people who say they're in the business, who emphatically INSIST that online poker is rigged, or flawed... everything from doing nothing about collusion to juiced decks ... pretty much anything we can't prove... regardless, i'm not a conspiracy theorist (accept for the 2000 election) so i try to avoid buying into this stuff, as it usually comes from people who are losing at an online table and are bitter... my response to them is usually, "these sites make a ton of money without needing to skew the game or cheat... it would be too big a risk to get caught cheating, why would they bother?"

so, what has been your experience with online poker? do you find the swings are different than live? do you find the river to consistently be wild? do you feel bots are extremely prevalent? collusion (cheaters via chat or phone)? what sites do you recommend?

Back
Top Bottom