The TExas HOLDem Poker Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The TExas HOLDem Poker Thread

PressCoverage said:
actually, right now, that would be Jonathan Paplebon... but i digress...

anyhoo...

i'm glad someone started this thread... i was meaning to a while back, but thought against it at the time... i would like to ask our poker playing population a different question... do you trust online sites? if so, which do you prefer?....

i had been playing poker room and pacific for a long time, and finally got around to trying party poker, the biggest of them all... i have to say i was profoundly disappointed in party poker... but anyway, back to my original question... i see a lot of people, even convincing people who say they're in the business, who emphatically INSIST that online poker is rigged, or flawed... everything from doing nothing about collusion to juiced decks ... pretty much anything we can't prove... regardless, i'm not a conspiracy theorist (accept for the 2000 election) so i try to avoid buying into this stuff, as it usually comes from people who are losing at an online table and are bitter... my response to them is usually, "these sites make a ton of money without needing to skew the game or cheat... it would be too big a risk to get caught cheating, why would they bother?"

so, what has been your experience with online poker? do you find the swings are different than live? do you find the river to consistently be wild? do you feel bots are extremely prevalent? collusion (cheaters via chat or phone)? what sites do you recommend?

I think between Section and I who both have played for a living on the internet, I can assure you PartyPoker isn't rigged.. People have gone over millions and millions of hands.. Party would lose more money if people like Section and I didn't play there, because we generate so much in rake.. I certainly am willing to answer any poker questions..

GreenMonster said:
I think between Section and I who both have played for a living on the internet, I can assure you PartyPoker isn't rigged.. People have gone over millions and millions of hands.. Party would lose more money if people like Section and I didn't play there, because we generate so much in rake.. I certainly am willing to answer any poker questions..

broo We should start a FH tourney?? Cmon dude!! FH can make cash and the winner can win nice money also

GreenMonster said:

There is no need to rig a site.

The rake for a day of heavy traffic at Pokerstars or PartyPoker is ASTRONOMICAL.

It dwarfs what they could steal from cold decking some guy for 1k...

Risk versus reward.

Why risk getting caught over stealing a few thousand when you are making MILLIONS in rake..A MONTH.

It is entirely possible though that rinky dink sites MAY try to do some "rigging"..but forget about these sites (below) EVER doing some funny stuff..they have too much to lose.

PartyPoker
Pokerstars
FullTiltPoker
PokerRoom (and Skins)
DoylesRoom
ParadisePoker
UltimateBet
BODOG

As for Bots..there hasn't been a bot made good enough to beat good players.

You can however (I am willing to bet) make a bot that is good enough to beat 1/2 NL and other smaller stakes games online, playing a style similar to Prahlad Friedman's style (SpiritRock)

GreenMonster said:

well, section can't hear me, because he blocked his ears and yells "LALALALA" ... he has me on ignore because he can't handle our political exchanges in the PoFo... :D

anyhow... does anyone play on PokerRoom? great software... but you can't get reports on hands... nor cut and paste them...

yes, i didn't think they rigged it either... certainly not for profit... but what about juicing decks to keep people in hands more often?

further, what about collusion between players and bots? i know they SAY they take that very seriously, and you're supposed to report it, but it seems like they do little about it overall... i see it often... collusion, anyhow... so their measures aren't scaring people...

dominizzo said:
Wats the best site Section

I like party and stars the best..

I would be all about getting FinHeaven game together one evening..

PressCoverage said:
well, section can't hear me, because he blocked his ears and yells "LALALALA" ... he has me on ignore because he can't handle our political exchanges in the PoFo... :D

I took you off of ignore for this..

First of all, I put you on ignore for a very good reason, that you know about. I won't rehash it.

I'll answer any questions you may have on this.

(I am thinking of taking you off ignore completely, I miss the drama.)

What kind of games do you guys like.. I would rate myself a good limit player up 5/10.. 10/20 is where it starts to be pretty tricky.. I am decent in NL cash games, but to aggressive.. Tournaments are my strong suit, I enjoy them the most..

culpepper2chambers said:
hellmuth is a lil ***** he crys and ******* on tv like a whipped *****

He may be all that...

But he is a brilliant self promoter that has managed to make millions OUTSIDE of poker because of his persona in the poker world.

As far as a poker player, he is an unmitigated NL HOLDEM GENIUS.

Nobody knows more about No Limit Holdem than him. NOBODY.

Section126 said:
As far as a poker player, he is an unmitigated NL HOLDEM GENIUS.

Nobody knows more about No Limit Holdem than him. NOBODY.

I agree he is a Holdem genius.. I think there are a handful that know more about NL Holdem than him, but he has all skills to make the big plays that others don't, that NL holdem flair so to speak in tournaments..

GreenMonster said:
What kind of games do you guys like.. I would rate myself a good limit player up 5/10.. 10/20 is where it starts to be pretty tricky.. I am decent in NL cash games, but to aggressive.. Tournaments are my strong suit, I enjoy them the most..

I have taken to not liking limit games very much...

I play Pot Limit Omaha, and NL Holdem cash games and tournaments..

Lately I have been specializing in shorthanded play.

But I play everygame.

I play these well:

NL Holdem
Limit Holdem
Pot Limit Omaha
7 card Stud
2-7 Triple Draw

I have plenty to learn in:

7 stud hi/lo
Omaha 8/0

Back
Top Bottom