The Time Has Come.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Time Has Come....

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
I hate to be negative, and trust me what I say that I've tried very hard to stay positive, but the time has most certainly come Phinz fans....

The time for Wayne to sell the Miami Dolphins, and for Wanny to find new coaching job somewhere other than Miami....

What happened to this once "highly respected" franchise???

It seems like within the last four years, this franchise has gone from "smart and strong", to "dumb and soft". How could this happen, and who is to blame???...

First off, Wayne is to blame. Since his ownership began, this franchise has slowly begun to fall. It's as plain as day to see IMO....

Hiring Jimmy Johnson was a giant fiasco. Letting Dave come in and replace Jimmy was just as bad. Wayne was also lead to believe that Dave was a qualified HC, and that since Jimmy highly recommended him, he was automatically the best candidate for the job. I like Dave as a person, and I've met him several times, but he's as clueless as they come as HC's are concerned IMO. He's what I like to consider a "mediocre" HC. Not good, not average, but mediocre.....

This off-season has without question been the worst I've ever seen in Miami. Forget the players we've added this off-season and over the last four years, they're just one piece to the giant puzzle. The FO is in major turmoil, and everyone knows it. The coaching positions are being filled with un-qualified individuals, and that is leading to major problems within the team. That's the way I see it....

It's time for Wayne to sell the Dolphins. It's time for this franchise to regain it's respect instead of piling on the garbage season after season. Right now, we're the laughing stock of the NFL. This isn't the Miami Dolphins I grew up with, and it certainly isn't the Miami Dolphins I want to remember 10 years from now....

Venting.... :mad:

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

Al Davis
Bill Bidwell
Mike Brown
Jerry Jones
Bill Ford
Dan Snyder

Those are the names of six men I know are worse owners one way or another than WH is. Am I thrilled with Wayne's decision to keep DW around? Not really. Does this (and what has grown out of it) mean that he needs to sell the team? Hell no. He's a garbage man by trade, and I trust him to take out the garbage this offseason if things don't change. If he fails to do so again, I might consider joining you and putting his name on this list.

Jimmy James said:
Al Davis
Jerry Jones
Dan Snyder

What I wouldn't give to have any one of those guys owning the Dolphins!!!...

Wayne H. should not even be mentioned in the same breath as those owners IMO. He's one of the most unqualified owners in the NFL IMO. Just ask him, he'll tell you the same....

Jimmy James said:
Al Davis
Bill Bidwell
Mike Brown
Jerry Jones
Bill Ford
Dan Snyder

Those are the names of six men I know are worse owners one way or another than WH is.

i don't know what rationale you are using to compare owners but...Al Davis was one game away from the superbowl 2 years ago when he hired John Gruden (who now has a ring). Jerry Jones? yea real bad owner...he doesn't have a CLUE how to win a superbowl. Dan Snyder? Yea hes not the cream of the crop when it comes to owners but he too will have a ring(IMO) with all -world HC JoE Gibbs.

SO you can cross those three people off your list as worse than WH. Ive given WH enough leeway over the years and after this season, it will be time for more of a winning football mind to take over. The buck stops here as they say.

Good post BLITZ I agree with most of your sentiments.

The Worst offseason ever - let me see we got a good left guard. we have a got a great right guard prospect, we have gotten depth in the o line and the secondary. We have a qb, which has struggled and i know the typical dolhin fan wants to give up already on him (thats why other fans hate us --- we have some stupid nearsighted fans that like to talk and know nothing).... We have inexperience coaching staff == we have marc tresmen (great QB coach) we got jerry sullivan (great WR coach) Tony wise (good coach) Bernie Parmlee (granted there) and we have joe Collier as a RB coach -- where is the great inexperience -- just because two people are new at what they do the whole staff in inexperience :confused: I think you should actually think before u right nonsense :fire:

The only thing that has happened to this franchise is there is a lot more media whining, analyzation with 20-20 hindsight and selective inclusion of facts (or perhaps unconscious exclusion of relevant facts) which in turn is convincing the less mature and/or less intelligent fans that the sky is falling.

Agua said:
The only thing that has happened to this franchise is there is a lot more media whining, analyzation with 20-20 hindsight and selective inclusion of facts (or perhaps unconscious exclusion of relevant facts) which in turn is convincing the less mature and/or less intelligent fans that the sky is falling.

Just to say someone has a less than pristine image of the way the owner runs his business doesn't make that person "less mature". The only "less intelligent person" is you for making such a second grade insult.

Fact is we have gotten nowhere with WH as the owner.

We are laughingstocks?????? - Typical Miami Fan. Why are we laughing stocks? because we dont go to the superbowl every year? Because this offseason has had some turns and twists that have no bounced in our favor? Yea it is all over we should go root for the patriots because that would be easy. Man some people here are the living monument to fair weather fans

Agua said:

Sorry, but maturity and intelligence have absolutely nothing to do with it. ;)

Here's a "relevent fact" for you. We haven't made the playoffs in two straight years, and it doesn't look any more promising in 2004 either. How's that for relevant???.... :lol: :lol:

PATSSUCK said:
We are laughingstocks?????? - Typical Miami Fan. Why are we laughing stocks? because we dont go to the superbowl every year? Because this offseason has had some turns and twists that have no bounced in our favor? Yea it is all over we should go root for the patriots because that would be easy. Man some people here are the living monument to fair weather fans

Yea and some people here are the poster children for "how to wear rose colored glasses, the easy way".... :cooldude:

Its pretty stupid to call the fins the laughing stocks of the NFl when they went 10-6 last year. We have not been to the playoffs on 2 years ... oh my god what a tradgey -- its not like any other respectable team like the patriots, colts or packers have missed the playoffs lately...... wait THEY HAVE ..... The cardinas, the bolts are laughing stocks .... the fins are not .... If you want to be a negative fan fine, but know what u are talking about

We are an improved team over 2003......and we were 10-6 last year.

Way to go FO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's actually ***AMAZING*** how consistently good the Dolphins are year after year after year after year... Especially in this day and age of salary caps, FA, etc...
Every year the Fins have a competitive, respected, and strong team.

Yes, it'd be great to get "over the hump" and win a SB.
But to sit back and critisize the FO/ownership for their performance is absurd.
All things considered, they've done a good job, and remember this:

YET AGAIN, WE'LL HAVE A COMPETITIVE, WINNING TEAM IN 2004....
and if the chips fall right and the moves work out as planned, we'll have a legitimate shot at a SB title...
That's all you can ask for.....to field a team with a legit shot at a SB...
WELL DONE FO...........

PS - To all the naysayers/whiners, the sky is NOT falling.....

I take it that everybody agrees about Brown, Bidwell, and Ford. That works for me. I'll look at the other three I mentioned:

Al Davis is a bad owner because he moves his team and sues the league as often as possible. Do you really want to worry about whether you'll be rooting for the Miami or Tallahassee Dolphins next season? Do you really want the Dolphins to be in a position where there is enormous bad blood with the league and many of the owners?

Jerry Jones is a bad owner because he can't let a good thing continue. How long do any of us really think Bill Parcells will be with the team? I give it 3 total years, meaning he has two more. Once that happens, it's off to find the next Barry Switzer or Dave Campo. No thanks.

Dan Snyder is a bad owner because he puts his team in constant cap trouble by trying to win right now. While everybody seems happy with Joe Gibbs, let's see how it works out this season. Do you think that another 6-10 sort of year is going to inspire anything but the same carousel we have seen since Danny Boy took over? If he doesn't reign it in, he may become the worst NFL owner ever. I will give you that he's a relatively new owner, so maybe he will settle down.

Mile High Fin said:
We are an improved team over 2003......and we were 10-6 last year.

Way to go FO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll second that. There have been missed opportunities this offseason, but there have been a hell of a lot of opportunities that got realized as well.

It's actually ***AMAZING*** how consistently good the Dolphins are year after year after year after year... Especially in this day and age of salary caps, FA, etc...
Every year the Fins have a competitive, respected, and strong team.

Yes, it'd be great to get "over the hump" and win a SB.
But to sit back and critisize the FO/ownership for their performance is absurd.
All things considered, they've done a good job, and remember this:

YET AGAIN, WE'LL HAVE A COMPETITIVE, WINNING TEAM IN 2004....
and if the chips fall right and the moves work out as planned, we'll have a legitimate shot at a SB title...
That's all you can ask for.....to field a team with a legit shot at a SB...
WELL DONE FO...........

PS - To all the naysayers/whiners, the sky is NOT falling.....

Two thumbs up there.

Back
Top Bottom