The Time Has Come.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Time Has Come....

FiN.in.RI said:
Just to say someone has a less than pristine image of the way the owner runs his business doesn't make that person "less mature". .

No and there is a big difference between someone having a "less than pristine image of the way an owner runs his business" and calling for an owner to sell the team because someone is disatisfied that a coach with a 10-6 average four year record, making the playoffs twice, wasn't fired.

FiN.in.RI said:
The only "less intelligent person" is you for making such a second grade insult..

The comment was not directed towards anyone in particular, but rather the panic moungers who are swayed by every change in the wind blown by negative writers and broadcasters and those who are unable to see that an NFL season is not concluded by the first five months of the year. However, YOU on the other hand did direct a personal attack towards me.

FiN.in.RI said:
Fact is we have gotten nowhere with WH as the owner.

Please identify Wayne's shortcomings as an owner.

Here's a "relevent fact" for you. We haven't made the playoffs in two straight years, and it doesn't look any more promising in 2004 either. How's that for relevant???....
I disagree with you there. That is the great thing about being here in the US. We can disagree all we want and neither one is wrong and no one needs to insult anyone's intelligence. I think things are a LOT more promising in 2004 than 2003. I like our Oline a LOT better. I think our defense has a LOT to prove and they know they had a mediocore year last year(JT and Madison have come out and said so). Ricky seems more focused at being the team leader. I still think Feeley will end up winning the starting job and do real well for us. That being said we were one game from the playoffs last year and it is not a good outlook for 2004?

I am one of the biggest 'wanny haters' out there. However, I do like the look of our new coaches under Wanny. I am anxious to see if they do or do not do well. Hey if we end up playing horrible this year, than I will be the FIRST one with you calling for Wanny and WH's heads. However, it is ONLY MAY and I think it is a bit premature to be saying things look so horrible for this upcoming season.

Ahh, FinHeaven at it's best. While the thread has been fun to read, I think the truth somewhere in the middle. This fanchise is without a doubt NOT the laughingstock of the league. C'mon, Arizona, San Diego, Cincinnati (although getting better), ahem..Buffalo :evil: . I believe this team still has the respect of most people.
Having said that, should there have been changes after last season? No question about it. Giving Rick Speilman the GM duties was an OK move. But it would've been better if that move was couple with dismissal of Dave Wanstedt. Whether it is true or not, having both around gives the perception that maybe Dave is still running things. (Although I am not sure I bye into that or not, it is up for debate). Wannstedt should have been fired and Fiedler probably should have been let go or at the least, it should have been made clear he could return but only as a backup.
Bottom line is, this team probably won't win the Super Bowl this year, but it probably won't be picking 1st overall next April either.

This off-season has been the most criticised.

It all starts here.

1. Keeping Wanny.
2. Missing the boat on a qualified GM and settling for Rick.
3. R. Wolf walks.
4. Losing Norv and promoting an unqualified Collier.
5. The Marino debacle.
6. The pre-mature QB issue, and how we jumped too soon.
7. RT T. Wade leaving.
8. Miss firing on J. Tait / D. Woody / ect ect
9. Adding OT D. McIntosh out of desperation {will he even play in 2004??}
10. Now Collier stepping down, and being replaced by another highly unqualified person.

I could probably go on, but why bother. That's enough turmoil in one off-season for two franchises!!

How's that for an off-season???...I'm not sure what you call it, but I call it ridiculously embarassing. :shakeno:

PHINZ RULE!!! :cry:

Same was said about the Heat. That Arison was cheap, wasn't going to spend. Was cutting corners to sell the team. It sucked, couldn't pull sellouts, and wasn't committed to bringing in the top caliber talent.

Oh wait...

Wayne did the same with marlins, got a ring out of it and they still lost money. He had no choice but to clean it out and sell. It took a few more owners to finally get one that will spend, though not more then the other 30 teams in front of the Marlins payroll.

The Dolphins are one of the most consistent teams around. They are a constant winner. When was their last losing season? Most teams need to go into the crapper a few years, get some high picks before they can turn it around and do exactly what we've been doing for decades. Yea we want to win it all, unfortunately it doesn't happen like we want it to. That's why we watch, why we cheer, why we are fan(atical) about the fins, we want to see it when they finally do win it all.

FiN.in.RI said:
Jerry Jones? yea real bad owner...he doesn't have a CLUE how to win a superbowl.

Jerry Jones is an idiot.
Giving Jones the credit for Dallas' Super Bowls is a little short sighted.
Jimmy Johnson came in and built that team himself. Many times in the media Jones challenged things he had done and draft picks Jimmy had made. Then when it all came together all of a sudden Jerry loved Jimmy...... until Jimmy started getting all the publicity then we all know what happened. :lol:

Jimmy Johnson was the only coach that had the balls to go against Jerry and build his own team. That's the only reason the Cowboys won those Super Bowls. That team was a mess from the playing field right up to the front office when he got there.

Look at what the Cowboys have done since he left. Jerry is still there!

BLITZKRIEG said:
Sorry, but maturity and intelligence have absolutely nothing to do with it. ;)

Blitz, the comments weren't directed at you personally. I'd never thought of you as a "hater", but a pretty level headed guy.

BLITZKRIEG said:
Here's a "relevent fact" for you. We haven't made the playoffs in two straight years, and it doesn't look any more promising in 2004 either. How's that for relevant???.... :lol: :lol:

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

Last year was the first time in a decade (or more) than a 10-6 record doesn't get you into the playoffs. Had our GD millionaire FG kicker made a certain OT kick from the 17 yard line, we'd have been in at 11-5. But, we didn't get 11-5. However, we have gutted an underperforming OL and brought in a lot of youth there that are ONLY going to get better the longer they play together. It looks much more promising to me than 2003, but that's just a different take.

Blitz...I love your posts normally, because I can count on them being the "anti-Aqua colored" opinions.

I don't think this one is one of your better posts though...What is the definition of laughing stock ?? The fins org. has had two turmultous offseasons in the last 30 years...(that being the season JJ quit and this one). I just posted on another thread that Wayne is the "culprit" for all this. The buck has to stop there, of course, but I don't know that the answer is for him to give up the team...

The problem is that since JJ left, we have not had a good football mind directing this team. Perhaps RS is the answer, it's too soon to tell and there has to a more defined line of command between RS and DW...to have them both reporting to E. Jones is not, IMO, the best course. I am not opposed to DW as the coach, but he is not a good directional leader and a less than average judge of talent. I also don't think this last issue (Collier) is DWs fault or the organizations "fault". These things happen and most of us can only hope that we work for a classy organization that would retain us if the same situation occured.

Unfortunately, the answer to this offseason of turmoil is not going to be figured out before the season starts...It will take time and bringing in the right people to put our ship back on the right path. For what it's worth, I love Dan Marino but did not think that he had the qualifications to fix what ails this org. right now, so from that respect, I'm glad he did leave. I wouldn't have wanted him to be on a mission to fail in his first opportunity in the FO.

Trekbiz said:
Jerry Jones is an idiot.
Giving Jones the credit for Dallas' Super Bowls is a little short sighted.
Jimmy Johnson came in and built that team himself. Many times in the media Jones challenged things he had done and draft picks Jimmy had made. Then when it all came together all of a sudden Jerry loved Jimmy...... until Jimmy started getting all the publicity then we all know what happened. :lol:

Jimmy Johnson was the only coach that had the balls to go against Jerry and build his own team. That's the only reason the Cowboys won those Super Bowls. That team was a mess from the playing field right up to the front office when he got there.

Look at what the Cowboys have done since he left. Jerry is still there!

And Bill Parcells is the coach!

Blitz...I love your posts normally, because I can count on them being the "anti-Aqua colored" opinions.

I don't think this one is one of your better posts though...What is the definition of laughing stock ?? The fins org. has had two turmultous offseasons in the last 30 years...(that being the season JJ quit and this one). I just posted on another thread that Wayne is the "culprit" for all this. The buck has to stop there, of course, but I don't know that the answer is for him to give up the team...

The problem is that since JJ left, we have not had a good football mind directing this team. Perhaps RS is the answer, it's too soon to tell and there has to a more defined line of command between RS and DW...to have them both reporting to E. Jones is not, IMO, the best course. I am not opposed to DW as the coach, but he is not a good directional leader and a less than average judge of talent. I also don't think this last issue (Collier) is DWs fault or the organizations "fault". These things happen and most of us can only hope that we work for a classy organization that would retain us if the same situation occured.

Unfortunately, the answer to this offseason of turmoil is not going to be figured out before the season starts...It will take time and bringing in the right people to put our ship back on the right path. For what it's worth, I love Dan Marino but did not think that he had the qualifications to fix what ails this org. right now, so from that respect, I'm glad he did leave. I wouldn't have wanted him to be on a mission to fail in his first opportunity in the FO.

So Blitz, I love your pessimism cause it certainly shows the overly optimistic folks that down side of issues, but you could lighten up on this one....

FiN.in.RI said:
How do we know that we are an improved team? On paper MAYBE but until week 8 or 9 you can then say that we are improved or not.
you are right... However, a lot of the people on this board are making their decisions that we either are going to be great or suck right now. IT is May and no one has see any football with pads on(minus NFL Europe) this season. Lets be patient enough to wait at least until October when we have already played a few games.

FiN.in.RI said:
And Bill Parcells is the coach!

Do you want to go the better part of a decade between decent coaches? We all know how so many feel about 5 years of DW, after all. Just imagine how it works if that gets stretched out to 7 or 8...

I would not fire DW. If the team does not make the playoffs this year, then I would replace him. WH is a different story. I really do not like him at all. Just my opinion.

If the only change is that our Offensive line improves, that will dramatically improve our team. Remember, we have Rick Williams back there toting the football. With an Oline that actually gives this guy holes to run through, our team could be scary good. If the QB or WR positions improve, then all the better, but at the very least, Ricky and the run offense is going to be in much better shape and that's good news for our defense.

To all the doom and gloom predictors, I would ask you to reserve judgement until the end of August, because that's when we're going to see the results of the most significant changes this off season - the Oline.

I believe (definitely a partisan belief) that we will be a much improved team over the one that finished 10-6 last year. We'll be a nightmare to defend against and we could have a deep passing game finally.

We'll see, but the sky is not falling CL.

Back
Top Bottom