The Time Has Come.... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Time Has Come....

BLITZKRIEG said:
Hey guys, let's stop getting personal here please....

These are merely open minded opinions from a concerned group of Phinz fans. Nothing more. There's no need to get personal with it.

If I've angered some fans with this rant of mine, that wasn't my initial intention. I'm just concerned, and the way things have gone thus far, I think we all have good reason to be....

We're all Phinz fans here. Let's try and remember that. ;)

PHINZ RULE!!! :cool:
I for one am not angered at all. Some of the things you said I disagree with and others make perfect sense. Nothing wrong with a little venting. Even if it is a little overboard at times. Some stuff was even good for a laugh or two :D

BLITZKRIEG said:
The time for Wayne to sell the Miami Dolphins, and for Wanny to find new coaching job somewhere other than Miami....

What happened to this once "highly respected" franchise???

It seems like within the last four years, this franchise has gone from "smart and strong", to "dumb and soft".

In the past four years, exactly four teams have regular season records better than or equal to the Dolphins: the Eagles, Patriots, Rams and Titans.

That fact alone invalidates your premise.

Has there been turmoil, underachievement and disappointment? You betcha. But to call a team with our record in the last four years (and an improvement in overall and divisional record from 2002 to 2003) "dumb," "soft," and a "laughing stock" makes no sense to me.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
You can have all of them. Garcia and Warner can't stay healthy. Couch is a bust and your statement that he must be good because he was the #1 pick is laughable. Collins is another that hasn't lived up to his draft status.

Why are you so sure that these castoffs are better than Feeley or Fiedler?

Garcia is a great QB. I think he's proven that in SF. As for the "health" comments, when was the last time Fiedler made it through an entire season??..

T. Couch is not a bust. He is a very solid QB. He was drafted #1 for a reason, just as Fiedler wasn't drafted at all. I never said he "must be good because he was drafted #1", so next time, please don't put things out there that weren't said. That's called lying. :rolleyes:

K. Collins has better numbers than Fielder and Feeley combined. Nuff said.

Anything else you'd like to have squashed???... :lol: :lol:

PHINZ RULE!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
K. Collins has better numbers than Fielder and Feeley combined. Nuff said.
PHINZ RULE!!!

Out and out wrong.

Look it up if you'd like. I've quoted the numbers on this comparison several times in the forum.

I know it's illegal :), but I think some really need to chilllll out and :redeye: :redeye: :infins: :infins: :bong: :bong:
Some of the very very passionate fans are going to give themselves a heart attack :goof:

!PapaCrunk! said:
I know it's illegal :), but I think some really need to chilllll out and :redeye: :redeye: :infins: :infins: :bong: :bong:
Some of the very very passionate fans are going to give themselves a heart attack :goof:
No kidding, imagine what would happen if this team ever had a 4-12 or 3-13 season. Holy Crap! People would lose their minds :m83:

DrAstroZoom said:
Out and out wrong.

Look it up if you'd like. I've quoted the numbers on this comparison several times in the forum.

You must have failed math then... :shakeno:

QB K. Collins
==========
Career TD's - 132 / INT's 134

J. Fielder AND AJ Feeley Combined
==========================
Career TD's - 69 / INT's 64 INT's

I rest my case.

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

!PapaCrunk! said:

It's illegal???? Since when?!?!?!?! Holy Crap... I'd better hide my stash!

Let's see, Coughlin had one successful season at Carolina (thanks to the league drafting and cap rules for new franchise teams)...but that's all. D. Green, he didn't do anything special in Minn. These guys have some good talents, Green is a great talent evaluator for the O. Coughlin's builds a solid org. but tends to wear out his welcome with his abrasive manner. DW has gotten us into the p/o's twice in 4 years and we have been close the other two years (although I'm not too sure we would have gone very far if we had gotten in). So I think these guys are about the same...You also forgot that Fassel was out there too, but same story with him too...I don't have a problem with DW as coach...there have been some steps taken to overcome his deficiencies in the personnel department (promoting RS), but I do think that they need to go further and remove more from him...putting a good football person in there was Waynes idea, and it was a good one.

As far as QBs...Warner, please...a shell of his former self...
Collins...JF with a different number....
Garcia, old, brittle and does not fit our offensive style. He would scramble and get killed instead of giving the ball to RW. BTW...he has recurrent concussion syndrome, which means that could recur at any time...too risky...
Henson, probably a decent choice but a year or two away from breaking out. Couch...well, if he couldn't beat out Kelly Holcombe, what makes you think he would be an improvement ?? Potential, perhaps with a change of venue, but a project that probably wouldn't pan out this year for us.
Ramsey...might have been a good choice, but the same potential as AJ, Couch, Henson...

Look that pickings were slim...I'm not sure that AJ is the answer, but he certainly might be the quickest to come around of that group. Of that group (sans Ramsey, but we never got a chance with him), AJ looks like the most likely to have a break out year. Or it could be a bust too.

I think that if the OL is improved, and AJ is just slightly better than JF (which I think he will be), we will be better than the last few years. Changing coaches may become a reality next year, so let's see how this season goes....

;) With so many wonderful fans here, I think we should find some that are willing to spend the money and buy the team from Wayne...

Ok, who's in?

WharfRat said:
It's illegal???? Since when?!?!?!?! Holy Crap... I'd better hide my stash!
relax wharf, he meant pot, your prozac is safe. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom